Music Instrument/Lesson Charity

Posted in the Mendham Forum

Shawn

Wilmington, DE

#1 Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully I can get some help and positive feedback!.... I started a music charity (in Hackettstown) a few months ago called Institute of Sound. I donate musical instruments and lessons to those who are in need. I have given to individuals in Washington, NJ and even to a high school in Staten Island. My facebook page went from 30 likes in march to 1500+ now. I have non profit sponsorship and everyday this charity is growing. I still have to work a night shift job to support myself and pay for supplies for IoS, but it is a labor of love and I know eventually I will be able to give myself full time to this cause.(In fact I am currently looking for corporate sponsorship).

Please check the two links out below. If you have any unused 2nd hand instruments such as string, keyboard, or band instruments... please donate them to my cause. I will find them a home, even broken ones I will use for parts. Or if anyone wishes to donate anything else that might help (other music gear... or simply a couple dollars, my donation link is on my Facebook page, on various posts I often include the link... and really it is rare people donate. I understand as I am a new charity, but that doesn't mean I am any less important then multi-millionaire charities. In fact unlike them, with my cause you can literally follow any dollar or instrument that is given. I put my heart and soul into this folks). Feel free to peruse all the posts on the fb link and please msg me with any questions or feedback.... I need your help to spread music and build my charity!:)

https://www.facebook.com/InstituteofSound...

http://www.mypaperonline.com/print-editions/h... (pages 8 and 9 are about me and IoS)

Thank You and you can msg my FB page or instituteofsound@yahoo.com
Shawn

Wilmington, DE

#2 Jun 24, 2013
I have no idea why it says "new castle DE" next to my name... I am located in Hackettstown NJ... this is what I get for posting to quickly I suppose...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mendham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sewage Smell May 23 Resident 1
News Catholic women priests fight for inclusion -- f... May 6 Bob 1
Review: Embroidme Apr '15 George Zacieracha 1
Review: Somerset Hills Handyman (Nov '14) Apr '15 DonaldKMenard 7
Review: Gladpack Sunoco Apr '15 bud 1
News Chris Christie to Hold Fundraiser for Iowa Sen.... Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
New Running/Endurance Group Mar '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Mendham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]