Marshall County deputy killed in car ...

Marshall County deputy killed in car accident

There are 16 comments on the WREG story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Marshall County deputy killed in car accident. In it, WREG reports that:

A Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy has died in a one car accident. Deputy Carol Scruggs was killed after losing control of her vehicle this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

naquilla

Doddsville, MS

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Although my heart is heavy I KNOW that GOD does nothing without reasons we may never understand. My heart breaks for Carol Scruggs, her family and her law enforcement family! Someone aske me just a few minutes ago "Did you ever see her when she didnt make you smile?' And I have to say No, never a time! We love you Carol Jean! God Speed!! Dispatcher Missie Campbell

Well said Missie!
Trailrider

Tupelo, MS

#2 Jun 25, 2010
I know she will be missed by friends and family alike. I have known
her for years and found her to be fair minded and have a lot of
common sense which is sorely lacking in many people. She took pride in
doing her job well. My condolences to her nice family.
branda

French Camp, MS

#3 Jun 25, 2010
i well miss you
TamMarie

Sioux City, IA

#4 Jun 25, 2010
My heart goes out to the family of Deputy Scruggs (both her personal & law enforcement family). I will keep you all in my prayers as I love, respect & honor the men & women who are out there on the beat every single day to protect & serve the public. May God bless this family & all the women & men of law enforcement.
Missy Campbell

Ripley, MS

#5 Jun 25, 2010
Anyone who knew her knows what a ray of sunshine she was. You could absolutely not be around her and stay in a bad mood. She had a smile that would light up creation! I have known Carol most of my life and I can say she left a void that will never be filled. Our hearts here at the Benton County Sheriffs Department are heavy today but we rest in the assurance she is safe in the arms of Jesus today! God Speed Carol Jean!
kasey

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2010
I was shocked when i heard what happin to Deputy Scruggs.My heart goes out to her family and friends
sissy

Purvis, MS

#7 Jun 25, 2010
thoughts and prayers are with the family and with marshall co sheriff's department. she was loved by many and will be missed by all! rip!!
stacey

Olive Branch, MS

#8 Jun 25, 2010
it is a sad day around marshall co ,deputy carol scruggs loved her job ,she all way had a smile on her face when you seen her,she live down the hill from my house ,she was a good friends and someone you could call on if you needed help ,she will be missed ,i am prayer for her family
justin holpe

Cordova, TN

#9 Jun 25, 2010
rip scruggs will miss you as a marshall county police
jones

Memphis, TN

#10 Jun 25, 2010
well the only thing i can say is that a job well done. i really n truly would miss carol just spoke 2 her on yesterday n i guess that was the last day she was suppose to make me laugh. my prayers are with her family and friends. i love you carol and we will meet again.
Friend

Olive Branch, MS

#11 Jun 25, 2010
I have known carol for many years as she was an police officer for Byhalia and you always seen her smile. You never seen her upset. My prayers are with carol's family and friends
Turk Edwards

Memphis, TN

#12 Jun 25, 2010
My heart goes out to the Scruggs/Hampton family! Carol and I worked hand and hand together a many of nights and I always knew she had my back and she knew I had hers! I love you Carol and you will truly be missed!!! I always remember the good times we had!
Concerned

Memphis, TN

#14 Jun 26, 2010
Rest in Peace Deputy
Angel M

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 26, 2010
I Don't Even Know Where To Start! Officer Scruggs Was A Good Woman!!! She Was Like A Mother To Me. Every Time I Saw Her I Just Had To Have A Hug From Her! She Was A Wonderful, Wonderful Person Who Did A Great And Outstanding Job With Us Children At Byhalia High School. She Kept Each And Every Last One Of Us In Line No Matter Where We Were; At School, The Games, Outside Of School. Just Where Ever We Were And She Saw Us Out Of Line She Always, Always Would Straighten Us Up And I Really Do Thank Her For That. And I Thank GOD For Her Being In My Life!!!! Rest In Peace Moma Scruggs! I Love U N U Will B Missd Dearly!!!!!!! My Heart Goes Out To The Family, Her Friends And Any1 Else Who Feels Like I Do <3 <3 <3
Rosie

Cordova, TN

#16 Jun 28, 2010
My cousin, my sister, my friend. When i heard the
news I was at a loss. We played, prayed and stayed together growing up like sisters and i miss her dearly. Whenever we would see each other, it was like old times; she never changed. Although i loved her, God loves her best. She was and original, and will be truly missed.

Love Ya! Carol Jean (Sweetie)
Lil Sweetie Jr

Holly Springs, MS

#17 Jun 23, 2013
Most of y'all don't knowwwww me but she was my mom..... Thanks for all da very nice comment... This us my first time seeing this..... Its almost been 3 years now n I still think about her..... Just was thinking of her n typed her name on the web n start reading all kinds of stuff...... That just let me knowwwww Momma was welled loved my not only her kids n family but da world..... R.I.P Momma make sure u save me a spot cuz we shall meet again.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Trumps4Ever 20,974
suboxone. (Feb '15) 14 hr Gaston McCrapley 11
Who boo boo daddy Wed Boo boo 1
POS doc in Methodist Germantown Wed F Willie 4
News Memphis Police Wage War On Gangs (Mar '06) Apr 24 Now chicks bow wow 206
2 white boys murdered on east Yates last year 1... (Jun '13) Apr 23 anonymefriend 41
Memphis Night Life 80s (Jun '11) Apr 22 dmob 122

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages