Murder back in the 70s
jcook

Paris, TN

#63 Sep 3, 2010
past wrote:
Yes this was a sad and tragic story. And justice should have been brought to those that committed the crime. But do you know how many black people were hung,beaten to death,and who knows what other things were done to them in the past with mobs and crowds of white on lookers cheering this on. So yes this crime was a shame, but don`t go trying to be all holy with this. Many of white men would still be in jail to this day or put to death if justice was truly served in this country!!!!!!
if you study history, most black lynchings were the result of actual crimes the black committed in those days. true if they did not receive a trial, they should have. you did not have cases(or very few) where whites would for no reason unprovoked assault,rape amd or murder blacks. go to new nation.org and you will the horrific black on white crimes being carried out today. in the old days blacks did committ crimes and sometimes against whites,but it was rare and now,oh so brutal and certainly hate crimes. the liberal media of course hides these trying to deceive the public.
Mark

Paris, TN

#64 Sep 7, 2010
BCBG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, her name was Kimberly Wilburn. She was going to the University of Memphis and lived on Mud Island. It was a brutal murder that still till this day breaks my heart... ;( She was so loved. A truly gorgeous girl, inside & out. She is still missed to this day...
one can view the trancripts of the trial of this murder
just google her name
it was in jackson,tn., but they got the slammer which wasn't enough they should die.
no white female is safe living on mud island even in 1989
i would not let my daughter go to mephis to college.
i hate memphis. blacks have destroyed it.
Woman

Mountain Home, AR

#65 Sep 7, 2010
This is really interesting.
saddened

Memphis, TN

#66 Sep 9, 2010
Does anyone recall the murder of connie johnson? Found dead at the mall of memphis in her car with a bag stuck in her throat?
The Hulk

Paris, TN

#67 Sep 9, 2010
saddened wrote:
Does anyone recall the murder of connie johnson? Found dead at the mall of memphis in her car with a bag stuck in her throat?
Hello. No, I'm sorry I do not recall that one. I'll do some research on her name and see if anything turns up.
saddened

Memphis, TN

#68 Sep 13, 2010
thanks. Her husband was sentenced to death (i believe the first again in tenn ) There was another involved Ronnie McCoy Donnie Johnson(husband) is still trying to fight it Please find what you can Thank you Thank you
Mickey Jenkins

Wilmington, NC

#70 Sep 19, 2010
lynn greene wrote:
i am trying to find out anything about maxine smith murder don't know what the year it was in around 1967-1969 her murderer was steve bartow suggs from millen,ga she was from egypt,ga please if anyone can help me let me know...thank you so much her parents are m/m herman smith..
I'm from Sardis,GA and remember Steve Suggs slightly. I graduated from SGA in '65. I remember the murder and I believe it was in '65 or a year or two earlier. I'd like to know more about this tragedy.
Mickey Jenkins

Wilmington, NC

#71 Sep 19, 2010
I'm from Sardis which is about 16 miles east of Millen, GA. I remember seeing Suggs in Sardis a time or two back in '64 or '65. I think the murder took place at or near the Blue Springs dance hall near Sylvania, GA around the mid sixties. I remember something about him forcing his younger brother to help him dispose of the body. I'm ashamed to say his grandmother was the sister of my grandmother. I didn't know him but she was a nice person. They lived in Millen. Maybe you could contact the county newspapers in Millen and Sylvania to check their archives to get more info.
Memphis Micci

Massillon, OH

#72 Sep 29, 2010
hat wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Mike, and how in the world could he have a great great grand-daughter? We were the same age afterall.
Well,you are right he does not have a great grandaughter(that's his grandaughter who mistyped). I am Mike's oldest daughter and he and my mother Judy Montesi do have a grandson by Veronika who is my 2nd daughter.
Anonymous

Massillon, OH

#73 Sep 29, 2010
curious in indiana wrote:
<quoted text>
what really happened to mike tiller and vickie montesi? there is more to her mother's murder than the commercial appeal artical wrote. It was reported that someone came to the front door that night, her mother answered the door and was shot. She died in the driveway. think about it if someone comes to the door at night and shoots you wouldn't you run inside to the safety of your husband? he was there! what kind of man would let his wife answer the door at night in memphis in 1965 with all that was going on at that time?
Hi. I am the oldest daughter of Mike Tiller and JUDY Montesi-not my Aunt Vickie. My dad married my mom and had 3 children. And in response to my grandmother's murder,the reason why my grandfather(Louis) had been drinking that night and fell asleep and so my grandmother(Evelyn) who I was named after answered the door instead. She did not think she was going to be murdered. I mean after all,my family was a very well respected and affluent within the Memphis community and there was no reason for them to feel any harm would come to them.And there you are,I hope I have clarified this for you.
Harriett

United States

#74 Sep 30, 2010
Memphis Micci wrote:
<quoted text> Well,you are right he does not have a great grandaughter(that's his grandaughter who mistyped). I am Mike's oldest daughter and he and my mother Judy Montesi do have a grandson by Veronika who is my 2nd daughter.
So glad you clarified everything. People get their facts all screwed up. Like I said in an earlier post, I only met Judy once but I knew Mike a lot better. He and my (then) husband were very good friends. We had some great times and I have a lot of fun memories. My (then)husband still keeps in touch with your uncle George and we love him to death.
Judy Tiller

Olive Branch, MS

#75 Sep 30, 2010
Harriett wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you clarified everything. People get their facts all screwed up. Like I said in an earlier post, I only met Judy once but I knew Mike a lot better. He and my (then) husband were very good friends. We had some great times and I have a lot of fun memories. My (then)husband still keeps in touch with your uncle George and we love him to death.
Harriett, this is JUDY, WHO was your ex-husband, cause I really don't remember you AT all.
Anonymous

United States

#76 Sep 30, 2010
Harriett wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you clarified everything. People get their facts all screwed up. Like I said in an earlier post, I only met Judy once but I knew Mike a lot better. He and my (then) husband were very good friends. We had some great times and I have a lot of fun memories. My (then)husband still keeps in touch with your uncle George and we love him to death.
Wow! what a coincedence,I just spoke with my Uncle George last night. Can I tell him your husbands name? I live in Columbus,Ohio now and had to get out of that nasty,black gangster city !!!! But Mom still lives there but in Olice Branch,Ms. They never did find my Dad's body and Uncle Albert died in Miami,Fl. about 6 yrs ago. Uncle George is the LAST of the INFAMOUS TILLER BOYS. And I can't tellmyou howm many stories That I've been told by so many people about thier brawl room fights and how prople were afraid of them and in all reality,they were were good ole boys! Like many people told me it was thier NAME they got them into a lot of fights and trouble. Uncle George told me a story once where the Memphis Police were trying to arrest him,my Dad and Uncle Albert and Uncle George said that back then cops did not carry guns only billy clubs and they took the billy clubs away from the police and whipped them with thier own billy clubs and they got away it that "One Night". But were caught many other nights. Just thought you would enjoy that story. If you have any thing you can share with me,please feel free to respond.
Judy Tiller

Olive Branch, MS

#77 Sep 30, 2010
Joe Lesley wrote:
I met Judy Montesi 1959-1960. My best friend Gary Johnesmeyer and Judy were dating & I tagged alone. We had some great times @ the Montesi mansion in the party room with the bar. Judy had a 1960 Thunderbird. Gary an I thought we were on top of the world. Sometimes I would go over alone and Judy's mom would ask me to drive her to an Italian restaurant in the area-great place. She was just a great person. Gary and I joined the 101st Airborne. Judy drove us to the train staion. Gary and I got on the train to Ft. Hood, Tx.and I never saw her again. I heard she married Mike Tiller. Judy will always have a special place in my heart.
Joe Lesley Jackson, Ms
Joe, I remembeer you very well. WE HAD GRAT TIMES, until Gary got killed. would like to hear from you.
Mickey Jenkins

Wilmington, NC

#78 Sep 30, 2010
I remember seeing Steve Suggs over in Sardis a time or two. I didn't really know him. As I remember people talking about how he took her off from Blue Springs in Screven County. He made his younger brother help him. I think that's how he got caught. My grandmother talked about it. He was her siser's grandchild. We never visited them. I heard her say he was always a bad character. We lived in Sardis which is about 16 miles east of Millen. I just spoke to a friend from back then who said she thought he was executed. I'm trying to get more information on this. I'm on Facebook as Evans Jenkins of Wilmington, NC.
Cake Baker 123

United States

#79 Oct 4, 2010
Mickey Jenkins wrote:
I'm from Sardis which is about 16 miles east of Millen, GA. I remember seeing Suggs in Sardis a time or two back in '64 or '65. I think the murder took place at or near the Blue Springs dance hall near Sylvania, GA around the mid sixties. I remember something about him forcing his younger brother to help him dispose of the body. I'm ashamed to say his grandmother was the sister of my grandmother. I didn't know him but she was a nice person. They lived in Millen. Maybe you could contact the county newspapers in Millen and Sylvania to check their archives to get more info.
I am Steve Suggs's niece. His younger brother that you speak of his my Daddy. I grew up in Millen. What do you want to know? I know a good bit about it eventhough I was not born yet. I know what my Mom, Dad and Grandparents have told me over the years and I did have a small relationship with Steve before he died and was VERY close with his wife who lives with my Grandparrenst until his death who has moved back to her original home now.
Harriett

United States

#80 Oct 4, 2010
Judy Tiller wrote:
<quoted text>
Harriett, this is JUDY, WHO was your ex-husband, cause I really don't remember you AT all.
Fred Taylor (Freddie), I lived on Philadelphia, off Central.
Harriett

United States

#81 Oct 4, 2010
Memphis Micci wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! what a coincedence,I just spoke with my Uncle George last night. Can I tell him your husbands name? I live in Columbus,Ohio now and had to get out of that nasty,black gangster city !!!! But Mom still lives there but in Olice Branch,Ms. They never did find my Dad's body and Uncle Albert died in Miami,Fl. about 6 yrs ago. Uncle George is the LAST of the INFAMOUS TILLER BOYS. And I can't tellmyou howm many stories That I've been told by so many people about thier brawl room fights and how prople were afraid of them and in all reality,they were were good ole boys! Like many people told me it was thier NAME they got them into a lot of fights and trouble. Uncle George told me a story once where the Memphis Police were trying to arrest him,my Dad and Uncle Albert and Uncle George said that back then cops did not carry guns only billy clubs and they took the billy clubs away from the police and whipped them with thier own billy clubs and they got away it that "One Night". But were caught many other nights. Just thought you would enjoy that story. If you have any thing you can share with me,please feel free to respond.
I just responded to your Mother. Fred Taylor is my ex-husband. I'm sure he would have a lot of memories he could share (if he could remember). Drugs were a lifestyle then. I thought a lot of Mike and George but was afraid of Albert. Didn't know Dago but I've heard a lot of stories.
I can help

Southaven, MS

#84 Dec 26, 2010
saddened wrote:
thanks. Her husband was sentenced to death (i believe the first again in tenn ) There was another involved Ronnie McCoy Donnie Johnson(husband) is still trying to fight it Please find what you can Thank you Thank you
What do you want to know about it?
I can help

Southaven, MS

#85 Dec 26, 2010
saddened wrote:
thanks. Her husband was sentenced to death (i believe the first again in tenn ) There was another involved Ronnie McCoy Donnie Johnson(husband) is still trying to fight it Please find what you can Thank you Thank you
Trust me, I know just about everything there is to know about that case

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Civil war statue 2 hr American White an... 23
cohen dem cronie 11 hr Dick 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Leftovers 21,051
Tecumseh the prophet Fri Ricardo montobomb 1
How come Aushwitz gas chamber has a wooden door... Fri aubry 9
Troll Bridge (Mar '11) Aug 16 Gay the Mushroom ... 6,618
Amy Speropolous (Mar '16) Aug 16 YIKES 19

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages