FDA cites LSG Sky Chefs airline food ...

FDA cites LSG Sky Chefs airline food facility in Denver for roaches, listeria

There are 9 comments on the Fox 8 - WJW story from Jan 4, 2010, titled FDA cites LSG Sky Chefs airline food facility in Denver for roaches, listeria. In it, Fox 8 - WJW reports that:

A company that prepares food for major airlines says it has cleaned up its Denver kitchen after federal inspectors found live and dead roaches and listeria bacteria at the facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 - WJW.

The Real Deal

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jan 5, 2010
"H. Thomas Warwick Jr., director of the FDA's Denver office, said in an interview that such conditions were more common 10 to 15 years ago but are seen rarely today because of better sanitation practices and more inspections by federal, state and local agencies.

LSG "has been pretty good" over the years, Warwick said. "This one sort of slipped a little. We will be back very shortly."

"...slipped a little," Warwick?
Here's an A-typical response, from an over-paid and under-qualified government bureaucrat, who has fed at the federal trough for too long!

Since: Dec 09

United States

#2 Jan 5, 2010
FDA director says they 'just slipped a little'. At least the German company seemed to take it somewhat seriously.
Past Employee

Denver, CO

#3 Jan 5, 2010
I was a manager at the LSG facility in DEN a few years ago and I will verify everything the FDA has found and more. I discontinued my employment after a few months due to the way Management delt with (or did not deal with problems. This facility is disgusting and there were roaches when I was there and not a few but hundreds, most of them hang out in the dish machine. The carts that came through did not even get cleaned unless someone important was in the building from the airport. I am SUPER happy to read about the GM being fired he was a scum bag and so was his next in line. The Chef was okay but you don't want to rock the boat if your making over $70,000.00 a year. What comes around goes around. Keep cleaning house and get rid of the human roaches as well, lots of luck ass suckers.
Me being too nice

Aurora, CO

#4 Jan 6, 2010
@ Past Employee.
We all know that the problem in Denver started because you couldn't do your job right. Someone making over $70,000 a year and didn't do a single thing,. You were under qualified to be a manager and being there only a few months, try a few years. "Discontinued" is not the word you are looking for, you were FIRED from LSG Sky Chefs because you did not do your job.Can we call this your revenge? So don't try to make it look like you left. Talk about rocking the boat huh. We can easily see why they got rid of you. Besides you should close that mouth of yours for a change, who knows what has gone down it.
King Pin

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Jan 6, 2010
They should donate all that food to the local homeless shelter, after all, those boys cannot live on MD 20/20 alone. . . .
John Ecolab

Arvada, CO

#6 Jan 10, 2010
So where was the pest control company in all this mess? I heard that they used ecolab. They are the problem. Check you sink drain you will find the same listeria.
FDA Rep

Aurora, CO

#7 Jan 19, 2010
FDA LIFTED THE PROBATION, BACK TO APPROVED STATUS
LEO

United States

#8 Feb 1, 2010
FDA DIRECTOR IN DENVER IS WRONG WHEN HE SAID LSG IS INSPECTED BY LOCAL AND STATE AGENCIES.I RECENTLY BECAME SICK ON A SANDWICH I BOUGHT AT 7-11
WHICH WAS MADE BY LSG IN RENO NEVADA.I CALLED THE FDA AND WAS TOLD THEIR WERE ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOOD PREPARED FOR AIRLINES AND TRANSPORTED ACROSS STATE AND THAT I SHOULD CONTACT THE LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT.I CALLED THE LOCAL HEALTH DEPT.AND WAS TOLD THEY HAVE NEVER INSPECTED LSG.AND
THAT IT WASNT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.SO WHO IS GUARDING THE MICE WHEN THE CATS ASLEEP
LETICIA

United States

#9 Feb 1, 2010
I didnt know sky chefs made the sandwiches for the 7-11 stores,guess i will start eating lunch at wendys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Civil war statue 54 min Buttodorly Cracks... 80
steve cohen flips out on african american woman 56 min Grammar Police 4
RIP FEDEX worker 5 hr USA now 3rd world 1
Commercial appeal 5 dollars today 22 hr What the hell 1
History of Memphis Wrestling (Mar '17) 22 hr Jimmy Lawler 17
Arica logan hutchison Wed Guest 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Nov 20 Mcm123 21,338

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages