Freedom from Religion Memphis prayers

Freedom from Religion Memphis prayers

Posted in the Memphis Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
ace

Gadsden, TN

#1 Aug 27, 2012
Why is it the majority will allow a bunch of social misfit's threaten them with a lawsuit to stop their Government leadrs from praying at city council meetings?
especally when no harm is being done to any one
Thsi Freedom From religion cult should stay in Wisconsin and leave us alone

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#2 Aug 27, 2012
"Nothing Fails Like Prayer"
devin

Tampa, FL

#3 Aug 28, 2012
america should accept all
lol!!

United States

#4 Aug 28, 2012
devin wrote:
america should accept all
So should ffr!!! Free country!!! Do you and ffr UNDERSTAND???
an american!!

United States

#5 Aug 28, 2012
It's the USA!! Pray if you want to, don't of you don't!!! Freedom people!!! FFR is trying take away a freedom!!!!
Continental

Memphis, TN

#6 Sep 1, 2012
freedom from..not for. You should have studied more.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#7 Sep 2, 2012
"Only a fool will stay in a fool's argument." (I agree with the last line of #1 post.)

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#8 Sep 4, 2012
Guest commentary: "Why we're suing Memphis City Council over prayers"

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/sep...
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#9 Sep 4, 2012
After reading the above article in #8, I can find no valid, sensible reason why prayer should be banned. It's beyond me why anyone just has to do away with religion simply because "they" don't "believe." It really shouldn't be a "right", as such. It's a naturally enjoyed pleasure to worship our Savior. Just because you refuse to attend church, etc., stay away from others' privileges and God-given rights. Some have said that God doesn't answer prayers or that "they fail." Maybe he did answer YOUR prayers and said "NO!" #8,... you surely don't have to believe like the majority of us but don't try to force your negative opinions on us. One day........ I want Him to smile on me.
stupidity

Memphis, TN

#10 Sep 10, 2012
I do not want to hear it, from you or anyone else. So why do I have to listen? If you pray quietly, only you have to hear your requests to a supreme being in the sky. Why should I have to "accept" and be subjected to "your" belief system? Makes no sense to anyone(at least anyone who has any sense).

Keep quiet, show respect for others...otherwise the atheists will start demanding their own prayers before gatherings(football, city council, baeball, etc). Why not let the Muslims(as that dumbazz Roque likes to call the President) read from the Quran every time that a prayer is said outloud? Fair is fair, right?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#11 Sep 10, 2012
stupidity wrote:
I do not want to hear it, from you or anyone else. So why do I have to listen? If you pray quietly, only you have to hear your requests to a supreme being in the sky. Why should I have to "accept" and be subjected to "your" belief system? Makes no sense to anyone(at least anyone who has any sense).
Keep quiet, show respect for others...otherwise the atheists will start demanding their own prayers before gatherings(football, city council, baeball, etc). Why not let the Muslims(as that dumbazz Roque likes to call the President) read from the Quran every time that a prayer is said outloud? Fair is fair, right?
"Why should I have to "accept" and be subjected to "your" belief system?"

One probable answer is because believers think belief is privileged over non-belief. This seems to also permit them to believe that they are above the law of the land and the U.S. Constitution.

Also, atheist arguments tend to disturb believers more than arguments for God disturb atheists. Furthermore, they think any criticism of their woo-woo is construed as an attack on them personally. Hence, the theistic victimization and oppression is usually trotted out as a last resort.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#12 Sep 11, 2012
#10 & 11 - I must say that both of you make your argument sound inviting. But, of course, that is the plan of attack of the evil side of civilization. The wrong way is the easy way but not the heavenly way. No thank you.
here you go

Memphis, TN

#13 Sep 11, 2012
Please tell me who killed more people in history...man or religion?

Thought so

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#14 Sep 12, 2012
here you go wrote:
Please tell me who killed more people in history...man or religion?
Thought so
Lately your religion has been dying at an exponential rate.

Here is an example:

Farewell to Faith

&fe ature=em-uploademail

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Atheist are drama queens!! And just ignorant if you think about it! They spend do much time on something they don't even believe in!! Haha! Now that's funny!! I don't believe in vampires, so therefore I don't worry with the subject!! Nor do I care to sue anyone who thinks their a dam vampire!
Why let something you don't even believe in consume so much of your time? Just senseless!!
Ok, so you don't believe in religion! Cool! But
Christians and other religions do so much for the
world!! Feed the hungry, help with disaster reliefs, house and clothe the poor and homeless, local churches help people's utility bills!! And guess what? Their is no religious requirement to get this help! You just simply need help!!
But answer me this, what has an atheist done for you lately?? Hmmm I don't know of any organizations here helping people in need!! But yet, they Condem the religions that do!! Ha!!
What kind of crap is that? They do nothing for mankind but yet berate the ones that do! Just Pathetic!!
If you don't want to listen to the council pray, then step out! I don't believe in Allah or the Muslim ways, but if I was to go to a meeting where the majority was Muslim, I'd just step out. No biggy to me! I wouldn't sue them, I wouldn't create a scene or drama queen the situation! They want to do their little prayer fine by me, this is America. The land of the free! Doesn't mean I got to agree with them or vote for one as president! Like I'm not going to this election! But it's still their right to pray if they wish.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#16 Sep 12, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
Ok, so you don't believe in religion! Cool! But
Christians and other religions do so much for the
world!! Feed the hungry, help with disaster reliefs, house and clothe the poor and homeless, local churches help people's utility bills!! And guess what? Their is no religious requirement to get this help! You just simply need help!!
But answer me this, what has an atheist done for you lately?? Hmmm I don't know of any organizations here helping people in need!!
Here you go:

http://foundationbeyondbelief.org/

http://www.ehow.com/list_7200414_list-secular...

https://secular.org/civicrm/contribute/transa...

American Atheists

American Ethical Union

American Humanist Association

Atheist Alliance of America

Camp Quest

Council for Secular Humanism

Institute for Humanist Studies

Huumanists

Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers

Secular Student Alliance

Society for Humanistic Judaism

Red Cross

Oxfam

UNICEF

Fred Hollows Foundation

Water Aid

Save The Children

The Gates Foundation

SHARE (Secular Humanist Aid & Relief Effort)

Medicins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders)

http://givingaid.richarddawkins.net/

That's just a start.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#17 Sep 12, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
I don't believe in vampires, so therefore I don't worry with the subject!! Nor do I care to sue anyone who thinks their a dam vampire!
Nice strawman, but Vamps are not breaking the law prohibiting the government from sanctioning religion.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#18 Sep 12, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
If you don't want to listen to the council pray, then step out! I don't believe in Allah or the Muslim ways, but if I was to go to a meeting where the majority was Muslim, I'd just step out. No biggy to me! I wouldn't sue them, I wouldn't create a scene or drama queen the situation! They want to do their little prayer fine by me, this is America. The land of the free! Doesn't mean I got to agree with them or vote for one as president! Like I'm not going to this election! But it's still their right to pray if they wish.
What other laws do you have no problem with other people breaking? When you see someone breaking the law, do you just "step out" and ignore the situation? What kind of citizenship is that?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#19 Sep 12, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
Ok, so you don't believe in religion! Cool! But
Christians and other religions do so much for the
world!! Feed the hungry, help with disaster reliefs, house and clothe the poor and homeless, local churches help people's utility bills!!
Doing all the things you mentioned is admirable, but that does not give xtians an excuse to be above the law.

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Sep 13, 2012
Ok mr hall monitor, here is some more laws for you sue happy drama queens!

-A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
Location: Arkansas, United States
-A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
Location: Arkansas, United States
-A voter is only allowed five minutes to mark his ballot.
Location: Arkansas, United States
-Alligators may not be kept in bath tubs.
Location: Arkansas, United States
-Arkansas must be pronounced “Arkansaw”
Location: Arkansas, United States
-Dogs may not bark after 6 PM.
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
-Flirtation between men and women on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term.
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
-It is against the law to make bats and owls into burgers.
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
-It is an offense to eat cheese on a Friday unless it is accompanied by a large bottle of beer.
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
-It is illegal to call a child Zabradacka.
Location: Arkansas, United States
-It is illegal to kill “any living creature”.
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
-It is unlawful to walk one’s cow down Main Street after 1:00 PM on Sunday.
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
-Men are not allowed to ask women to dance during the month of July.
Location: Arkansas, United States
-No one may “suddenly start or stop their car at a McDonald’s."
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
-No person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 P.M.
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
-Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.
Location: Arkansas, United States
-The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.
Location: Arkansas, United States

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Movie theatre with no blacks please 2 hr Fed Up 1
Do you know what happened to Wendy Welborn in M... (Jan '16) 11 hr Wrangler 4
Black lives matter 13 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 114
Our great president 21 hr Now_What- 25
play things Fri Ghost Maker 4
News Vice Lords feel squeeze of arrests (Jul '06) Jul 27 5 Poppin 6 Droppin 373
Do You Know This Jul 27 Samj 2

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages