university of tennessee dental school...

university of tennessee dental school clinic

Posted in the Memphis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
in pain

Blytheville, AR

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Anyone had any work done at the UT dental school? If so, what are their rates? Thanks.
gemini

Memphis, TN

#2 Mar 18, 2010
My mother in law has been there. She has had some teeth pulled. My husband was going to go there to get his wisdom teeth pulled. All four with the anesthesia for a little less than $400. He ended up not going to sleep under the anesthesia so they didnt actually pull his teeth. We went else where so that he could get laughing gas and anesthesia and we paid a little less than $1000. I would say their prices are about half of what a regular dentist would charge. Go a little before clinic hours start so you dont have to wait long. Also its first come first serve.
in pain

Osceola, AR

#3 Mar 19, 2010
Thanks. I need a couple of root canals done. A private dentist charges appx $2500 plus xrays and office visit. I imagine about $1250 or so for that, if it is about 1/2 price. Thanks.
throbbing tooth

Blytheville, AR

#4 Mar 23, 2010
The dental school won't give quotes out over the telephone or by email. You have to make an appointment first. Then they will discuss rates. My tooth is abcessed. Gotta wait until the swelling goes down before I can have it pulled.
in trouble

Forrest City, AR

#5 Jun 16, 2010
Need dentures, no insurance and no job. Have had extensive work done before after car wreck seventeen years ago. Had to have bone graft and wires because the both hinges in my jaw were broke and I had a break in the center of my lower jaw. Also, broke my hip.I had some implants put in to support a bridge, but I have so much wrong and hurting now that I need dentures. This is a severe case with challenges.Is there a free dental program connected with UT?
Deb

Memphis, TN

#6 Nov 8, 2010
I am a current patient of the school.
I have to have all of my teeth extracted and dentures put in. The total cost is $2500.(compared to over $6000. at a private dentist). My case includes removing wisdom teeth, putting in two implants and getting immediate dentures.) I have been VERY impressed with the level of care and the pricing. IE: extractions are $40., Perio visits are $20.00, etc) You must pay as you go but do not have to pay in advance.(You just pay for whatever they did that day and you will know before you go in how much it will be)

You MUST have loads of time to get treated here. A usual appt takes 4 hours. You either get 8 am to 12 pm or 1 pm to 4 pm.
Janice

Cordova, TN

#7 Jan 18, 2011
Deb wrote:
I have to have all of my teeth extracted and dentures put in. The total cost is $2500.(compared to over $6000. at a private dentist). My case includes removing wisdom teeth, putting in two implants and getting immediate dentures.) I have been VERY impressed with the level of care and the pricing. IE: extractions are $40., Perio visits are $20.00, etc) You must pay as you go but do not have to pay in advance.(You just pay for whatever they did that day and you will know before you go in how much it will be)
You MUST have loads of time to get treated here. A usual appt takes 4 hours. You either get 8 am to 12 pm or 1 pm to 4 pm.
Could you please give a number so that I can contact the school. My son is having serious trouble with a tooth and no insurance. You can send me the # at [email protected]
Thank you
Anonymous

United States

#8 Jan 18, 2011
Deb wrote:

Does the school do cleanings and filings? If so, any idea how much?
Linds

Memphis, TN

#9 Feb 12, 2011
I need a root canal, and have no insurance. Do you have any idea about how much that will cost? Also, can you send me number and address to place?
Thank you
April

Madison, MS

#11 Apr 12, 2011
So does anyone know if the do braces?? I had my wisdom teeth pulled there n enjoyed all tge people. But now I need braces buy have no insurance. Or maybe a good but cheap place?? If so email me at [email protected]
sss

Cordova, TN

#12 Apr 25, 2011
Countrygurl00 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the school do cleanings and filings? If so, any idea how much?
i am a patient there and cleanings are 40 for reg cleanin and 60 for scaling or deep cleanin. filings r 40 too
sss

Cordova, TN

#13 Apr 25, 2011
Linds wrote:
I need a root canal, and have no insurance. Do you have any idea about how much that will cost? Also, can you send me number and address to place?
Thank you
root canals r 45-50 at ut dentistry. 9014486241
Brenda

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Sep 20, 2011
i need 4 root canals and 4 crowns and one pulled on bottom...does anyone know how much they charge for crowns? and also if they take carecredit cards??
bar

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Oct 14, 2011
i have insurance but need alot of work done, my old dentist has messed up alot of my dental work i've had done, do they take insurance? i need 2 crowns, and several fillings, etc. any help appreciated
mtl

Memphis, TN

#16 Nov 2, 2011
Please over look the ignorance of my question but I honestly don't know. I was referred because I need extensive dental work done that will be quite expensive. Does anyone know if they accept dental insurance?
pete

Midland, TX

#17 Nov 13, 2011
Could someone tell the cost of being put to sleep and all my teeth pulled .Think u
Greg

Memphis, TN

#18 Dec 14, 2011
Do they also do Oral Surgery? I need to have half of mine cut out for dentures.
dee

Memphis, TN

#19 Jan 22, 2012
Deb wrote:
where is this place located
Angela

Savannah, TN

#21 Jan 22, 2012
I was wondering if anyone might know how much it would cost to have 20 teeth pulled (none are wisdom) and get immediate dentures also how many treatment dates would it take? Thanks
Linda

Bridgewater, NJ

#22 Feb 22, 2012
I need to have a top and bottom partial made. Four teeth on each one of them, anyone have any idea what this would cost to have it done? Please post an answer if you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Arrested For Assaulting Woman In Church (Jul '10) 44 min My 2 cents 254
who was around during the mlk assasination or t... (Sep '11) Thu Gethim 57
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
Pond lettuce Aug 26 GaNle 1
Does anyone remember Holly Hills Country Club .... (Mar '10) Aug 25 Skintback 18
Goodwill or Salvation Army or Who? Aug 22 another vet 3
Dr Robert J Kaplan Dermatology Aug 21 Kaplan patient 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages