Pit Bulls Maul Puppy;pit bull attack;...

Pit Bulls Maul Puppy;pit bull attack; pit bulls maul puppy;southaven pit bulls kill puppy

There are 139 comments on the WREG story from Nov 17, 2009, titled Pit Bulls Maul Puppy;pit bull attack; pit bulls maul puppy;southaven pit bulls kill puppy. In it, WREG reports that:

Monday Steve Hessler was taking pictures of Moses, "He was just a sweetheart." Tuesday he spent the afternoon burying his Boston Terrier in the backyard of his Southaven home after a neighbors two pit bulls mauled the puppy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#126 Nov 21, 2009
No1 uno wrote:
OUTLAW PITBULLS NOW! MAKE IT A FELONY TO OWN ONE! PUNISH SEVERELY ANYONE WHO'S ANIMAL HURTS ANYONE! PERIOD.
USING YOUR IGNORANCE LETS CHANGE THIS UP A BIT! OUTLAW YOUNG THUGS WALKING DOWN THE STREETS WITH THEIR DRAWERS DOWN TO THEIR CRACK! MAKE IT A FELONY TO BE ONE! PUNISH SEVERALY ANYONE WHO'S THUG KID HURTS ANYONE! PERIOD.
haters_go away

United States

#127 Nov 21, 2009
No1 uno wrote:
OUTLAW PITBULLS NOW! MAKE IT A FELONY TO OWN ONE! PUNISH SEVERELY ANYONE WHO'S ANIMAL HURTS ANYONE! PERIOD.
It is obvious that you are unable to reason or think for yourself. I guess when the media tell you that bathing is dangerous, you'll want to outlaw that, too. Make an appointment with a psychiatrist and let him help you with your paranoia. Get some counseling too for your exaggerated fears, that are NOT REAL. Bad dogs are MADE, not BORN! May God have mercy on your soul for all of the wonderful dogs out there you want to kill. I bet you've never been close to a pit bull.
haters_go away

United States

#128 Nov 21, 2009
barberry wrote:
<quoted text>
USING YOUR IGNORANCE LETS CHANGE THIS UP A BIT! OUTLAW YOUNG THUGS WALKING DOWN THE STREETS WITH THEIR DRAWERS DOWN TO THEIR CRACK! MAKE IT A FELONY TO BE ONE! PUNISH SEVERALY ANYONE WHO'S THUG KID HURTS ANYONE! PERIOD.
Amen! Get rid of the real problem and you won't see bad dogs out there. When the stupid legislators and stupid citizens rally to outlaw a breed, the only people who abide by the law are the good citizens who don't want to break the law. On the other hand, the ghetto trash, with their cracks shining, keep right on raising pit bulls to sell, fighting them, and abusing them; chaining them with barbed wire, rope that grows into their necks, collars that grow into their necks, feeding them gun powder, shooting them up with hormones and cocaine, shocking them with stun guns to make them more aggressive, burning them with bic cigarette lighters to make them more aggressive, the list goes on and on. When animal control comes in on them and slaps a small fine on them, confiscates their pit bulls, they just laugh - next day they are out getting more. What's a $50 fine when you can fight dogs and make $5000-6000 a night. When pit bulls are outlaws, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL STILL HAVE THEM. Ghetto trash does not obey laws. Wake up your sleepers. Fine the abusers. Hold people accountable for what their dogs do. Punishing a breed is not addressing the problem; the problem has two eyes, a low IQ, no morals, a small penis, no responsiblity, no discipline, no compassion, cowards - they are thugs. THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!!! Don't let animals take the fall for what so-called civilized humans are doing to them. Hold humans accountable when they raise dogs and do things to them that make them aggressive.
Richard D

Memphis, TN

#129 Nov 21, 2009
No1 uno wrote:
I'm sure your the same guy that want's to outlaw guns.Supports the Health Care bill and the Bogus Crap and Tax bill.Do you even own a dog. I love my Pit.He was raised with cats and loves everybody. I'm not sure how he would act if he meant you. Coming from a baby killing Liberal like yourself,I'm not surprised by your comment.

Location hidden

#130 Nov 22, 2009
haters_go away wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! Get rid of the real problem and you won't see bad dogs out there. When the stupid legislators and stupid citizens rally to outlaw a breed, the only people who abide by the law are the good citizens who don't want to break the law. On the other hand, the ghetto trash, with their cracks shining, keep right on raising pit bulls to sell, fighting them, and abusing them; chaining them with barbed wire, rope that grows into their necks, collars that grow into their necks, feeding them gun powder, shooting them up with hormones and cocaine, shocking them with stun guns to make them more aggressive, burning them with bic cigarette lighters to make them more aggressive, the list goes on and on. When animal control comes in on them and slaps a small fine on them, confiscates their pit bulls, they just laugh - next day they are out getting more. What's a $50 fine when you can fight dogs and make $5000-6000 a night. When pit bulls are outlaws, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL STILL HAVE THEM. Ghetto trash does not obey laws. Wake up your sleepers. Fine the abusers. Hold people accountable for what their dogs do. Punishing a breed is not addressing the problem; the problem has two eyes, a low IQ, no morals, a small ****, no responsiblity, no discipline, no compassion, cowards - they are thugs. THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!!! Don't let animals take the fall for what so-called civilized humans are doing to them. Hold humans accountable when they raise dogs and do things to them that make them aggressive.
You are right and people need to demand the laws be changed to stop blaming a dog, killing it and letting the scumbunnies get more. If representatives are for logical, lawabiding people, they need to get off their corrupt butts, get the laws passed or we sould vote them out!
Poor Pitts

United States

#131 Nov 22, 2009
who="joeblowfmidaho" ]<quoted text> Are you saying these pits felt threatened by a PUPPY?

Are you saying any large dog that attacks a cat or a squirrel in their back yard feels threatened by it? They are dogs you uneducated F$%#! They are protecting their yard,these dogs were in their yard! So do you want to tell me if you own say a mix breed chow and lab for instance and the 6 month old puppy came through and the dog used it as a chew toy this story would have made headlines? Absolutely NOT! The owner needs to take responsibility for their puppy! Would you let your small children go out and play in the back yard alone if you felt the dogs next door were vicious and large? I would hope not! Seriously people need to stop w/ this Pit Bull BS! It makes me sick to see one brred of dog being torn apart like this its so sad!
Shocked

Kennett, MO

#132 Nov 23, 2009
A Retired Police Officer wrote:
Notice that the Pit Bull owner negated her dogs digging out, using the excuse, "Dogs are going to dig and her dog came into our backyard." The Pit Bulls dug the hole. The puppy was an
innocent victim. If a small child had stuck his/her hand thruough
the fence, the Pit Bull owner would still have excused it by that
logic, claiming that the child reached into their dog yard.
She fails to admit the violent, deadly nature of her Pit Bulls.
Pit Bulls, besides attacking other dogs fatally, also are especially adept at killing children and senior citizens, both
of which cannot run nor fight as well as adults.
Many Pit Bulls owners deliberately abuse their own dogs, training them to be attack-oriented toward strangers; they are
trying to get vicious protection dogs, but what they breed are
dangerous dogs for which there is only one effective answer
when an attack comes: the elimination of the threat.
The dogs could have been any breed and done this. This retired officer is right that the owners are more to blame than the dogs. I have a Pit and she is a great dog, we have made sure to socialize her with other animals and people. I have pictures of her giving a kitten a bath. She is a very loyal and loving dog, her only fault are she likes to lick your feet and knees. I have pictures of when my mom was a little girl, and she (her family) had a pit for a pet. She had a brother who was mentally retarded who is in many pictures playing with the dog (Ring) My mom said it was one of the best dogs they had growing up. And if you watch dog whiper, Ceasar has a couple of pits of his own that he uses to rehabilitate other dogs (of various breeds) to become more social with other animals. So I would check to see if the owners were training this dog to act this way or if the dog did not have good training.
joeblowfmidaho

Memphis, TN

#133 Nov 23, 2009
Logical Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have only seen these dogs at there worst then..I challenge you to check the AKC postings on this breed...You might learn something instead of being so close minded. People make dogs kill not the dog itself just like Guns dont kill people, irresponsible people with guns kill...Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone...If you are going to condemn this breed you may as well condemn them all as the FACTS show this is the 2nd best dog to have for a family type setting...And to make a direct quote from your paragraph you didnt state (not Just pits) you said ("Those pits" had dug **** and pulled the fence loose, not only are they dangerous, but destructive too...)thats from your last post (Unlike pits, guns do not have a mind of their own, nor do they go off without someone pulling the trigger. Dogs have the ability to attack without someone pulling the trigger. This breed can not distinguish who is a threat and who is not. They just attack.) again with a direct attack on the breed itself (Pits were bred to fight. They are only loyal to their owners - no one else.) again with a direct attack on the breed itself... So please now that I have quoted you about 5 good times please explain to us just how you can sit there and say "not JUST pits" when with every post thats exactly the point your trying to push...Enlighten us please, inquiring minds would like to know...Is it the breed or isn't it because your confusing me at this point.
And yes you need to do research, you think that just because you were in a situation with a particular breed of dog that behavior is the true definition of the dog itself when in fact you couldn't be farther from the truth...
ANY breed of dog can attack someone. However, no other breed has the consistent violent history of a pit bull. I will never take a chance with my life nor my childrens life on a breed that has the history of the pit bull. Clear enough for you?
joeblowfmidaho

Memphis, TN

#134 Nov 23, 2009
Poor Pitts wrote:
who="joeblowfmidaho" ]<quoted text> Are you saying these pits felt threatened by a PUPPY?
Are you saying any large dog that attacks a cat or a squirrel in their back yard feels threatened by it? They are dogs you uneducated F$%#! They are protecting their yard,these dogs were in their yard! So do you want to tell me if you own say a mix breed chow and lab for instance and the 6 month old puppy came through and the dog used it as a chew toy this story would have made headlines? Absolutely NOT! The owner needs to take responsibility for their puppy! Would you let your small children go out and play in the back yard alone if you felt the dogs next door were vicious and large? I would hope not! Seriously people need to stop w/ this Pit Bull BS! It makes me sick to see one brred of dog being torn apart like this its so sad!
So according to your logic, I can not let my children play in THEIR OWN backyard, if a vicious dog lives next door? Because (according to your logic) the neighbors dog might tear up its own fence and attack my kids?
Memphis

Memphis, TN

#135 Nov 23, 2009
rita wrote:
i wish they would past a law to get real of all pit bulls.
Really...Come on!
Richard D

Memphis, TN

#136 Nov 23, 2009
joeblowfmidaho wrote:
<quoted text> ANY breed of dog can attack someone. However, no other breed has the consistent violent history of a pit bull. I will never take a chance with my life nor my childrens life on a breed that has the history of the pit bull. Clear enough for you?
You have a right to make that choice.Leave me and my friend alone.Go after the gang bangers that think it is macho to mistreat this breed. Michael Vick should still be in jail.
OWNER OF THE PUPPY

United States

#137 Nov 23, 2009
AFTER HAVING READ ALL OF THESE COMMENTS I WOULD LIKE TO STATE SOME FACTS. THE OWNER OF THE PITS KEPT THEM CHAINED WITH THREE EIGHTS LOG CHAIN AROUND THEIR NECKS ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT TO MAKE THEM VICIOUS. THEY CRIED AND BARKED ALL NIGHT. THE DOGS HAD TRIED TO GET INTO THE YARD NEXT DOOR AND THAT MAN ADDED ANOTHER FENCE FOR PROTECTION OF HIS GRANDCHILDREN AND PETS. THE FENCE, OWNED BY THE OWNER OF THE PITS WAS LEFT ONLY TO BE PATCHED BY HIS NEIGHBORS. HE WOULD LET THEM ROAM FREE EACH DAY IN THE YARD. I HAVE HAD TO FILL IN THREE HOLES THAT THEY HAD DUG. UNFORTUNATLY I MISSED THE LOOSE BOARD THAT THEY PULLED MY BOSTON PUPPY THRU. MY WIFE AND I ARE DOG LOVERS AND WE FEEL THE DOGS WERE THE VICTIMS OF AN OWNER THAT WANTED THEM TO BE KILLERS. I AM PUTTING A NEW FENCE ON MY PROPERTY TO PROTECT MY FAMILY AND SURVING DOG. I ONLY BLAME THE OWNERS FOR THIS ACT THAT HAS BROKEN THE HEARTS OF MY WIFE AND I.
stereo

Memphis, TN

#138 Nov 24, 2009
OWNER OF THE PUPPY wrote:
AFTER HAVING READ ALL OF THESE COMMENTS I WOULD LIKE TO STATE SOME FACTS. THE OWNER OF THE PITS KEPT THEM CHAINED WITH THREE EIGHTS LOG CHAIN AROUND THEIR NECKS ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT TO MAKE THEM VICIOUS. THEY CRIED AND BARKED ALL NIGHT. THE DOGS HAD TRIED TO GET INTO THE YARD NEXT DOOR AND THAT MAN ADDED ANOTHER FENCE FOR PROTECTION OF HIS GRANDCHILDREN AND PETS. THE FENCE, OWNED BY THE OWNER OF THE PITS WAS LEFT ONLY TO BE PATCHED BY HIS NEIGHBORS. HE WOULD LET THEM ROAM FREE EACH DAY IN THE YARD. I HAVE HAD TO FILL IN THREE HOLES THAT THEY HAD DUG. UNFORTUNATLY I MISSED THE LOOSE BOARD THAT THEY PULLED MY BOSTON PUPPY THRU. MY WIFE AND I ARE DOG LOVERS AND WE FEEL THE DOGS WERE THE VICTIMS OF AN OWNER THAT WANTED THEM TO BE KILLERS. I AM PUTTING A NEW FENCE ON MY PROPERTY TO PROTECT MY FAMILY AND SURVING DOG. I ONLY BLAME THE OWNERS FOR THIS ACT THAT HAS BROKEN THE HEARTS OF MY WIFE AND I.
Thank you for giving us more information on the background leading up to the tragic death of your little Boston. This horrific death could have been prevented had the owners been responsible. They should not be allowed to own any other dogs. Having lived with Pit Bulls for 20 years and knowing what great dogs they can be, I started a pit bull rescue in 2002. Based on my experiences, I have concluded that all dogs should judged/evaluated on an individual basis. I commend you for placing the blame on the owners. I have included a montage of some of the dogs we have saved and rehomed. Dogs are born with a clean slate; the end product is up to their caretaker. http://tinyurl.com/y8rc88s ___Hearts of Gold Pit Rescue, Memphis, http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/heartsofgol...

Kennett, MO

#139 Nov 25, 2009
joeblowfmidaho wrote:
<quoted text> ANY breed of dog can attack someone. However, no other breed has the consistent violent history of a pit bull. I will never take a chance with my life nor my childrens life on a breed that has the history of the pit bull. Clear enough for you?
Did you know that a lot of people miss identify a dog when there is an attack, they just say a pit dog did it. Any dog can be made anti social. I have a pit and the neighbor across the street has a pit. They get along with each other and the other animals in the neighborhood. When I put my dog outside inside our fence I put a chain on her not cause I'm afraid she'll get out and hurt someone, but that she will get out and be hit by a car. Now most of the cats a scared of my dog but she wouldn't hurt them, I've got a picture were she gives a little kitten a bath like its mommy would, and I next time she is outside in the fence area I'm gonna get a picture of her laying next to the fence, cause a big tom cat likes to lay with it back up against her on other side of fence. Watch dog whisper, you will see that any breed can have a bad dog in the group. I think Caesar on the show has like 3 pits he uses to help rehabilitate other dogs. Don't blame the whole breed for the actions of a few that weren't brought up right, or would you condem the whole human race cause of a few bad people?

Location hidden

#140 Nov 28, 2009
It's the same common trash ruining this breed that are breeding babies for welfare and killing each other in record numbers. Memphis, TN is one of the biggest offenders when it comes to crime against aniamls and humans. The folks there need to stop allowing people to live like they are in a third world country.
Richard D

Memphis, TN

#141 Nov 28, 2009
barberry wrote:
It's the same common trash ruining this breed that are breeding babies for welfare and killing each other in record numbers. Memphis, TN is one of the biggest offenders when it comes to crime against aniamls and humans. The folks there need to stop allowing people to live like they are in a third world country.
Memphis is the Third world.Look at the so-called Humane shelter.Look at the Dead in the streets.It's just like Africa.Life is Cheap here.

Location hidden

#142 Dec 8, 2009
Richard D wrote:
<quoted text>Memphis is the Third world.Look at the so-called Humane shelter.Look at the Dead in the streets.It's just like Africa.Life is Cheap here.
The shelter is called Memphis Animal Services because it is nothing like a shelter and humane can't even be in the same sentence as MAS. From what I read, I think job requirements there are disliking animals and being an ex-felon.
Jacksonsmom

Clinton, MS

#143 Dec 8, 2009
No1uno wrote:
OUTLAW PITBULLS NOW!!!!!!!
The Pit Bulls are NOT the problem! It's ignorant people who use them and train the to be mean! I am a Pit Bull owner and he is the BIGGEST baby out of the dogs I own! Do some research and find out before you speak! I am an avid animal lover and do not like to hear anything bad happening to another animal. I hate what happen to this puppy, but the Pit Bull would not have been a problem if the owner was a responsible human being! Educate yourself please!
Jacksonsmom

Clinton, MS

#144 Dec 8, 2009
barberry wrote:
<quoted text>
The shelter is called Memphis Animal Services because it is nothing like a shelter and humane can't even be in the same sentence as MAS. From what I read, I think job requirements there are disliking animals and being an ex-felon.
I see we share the same views on all of these subjects! It seems to be so easy to make these animals out to be the "bad" monsters but in fact it is the "TRASH" breeding and raising them! As the owner of the terrier pointed out these dogs wre chained to logs and made to be mean!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr The Ace of Spades 19,948
Men in Lime Green (Jun '08) 5 hr Jaronw 3
Woman in area scamming people for money 12 hr always pondering 1
Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women Jun 1 baby 1
Tubal reversal Jun 1 what a gift 6
We Dare Any Of You To Read This! May 31 Maria Cortez 1
Memphis Grocery Stores From The Past (Sep '11) May 31 Terry 33
More from around the web

Memphis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]