Pit Bulls Maul Puppy;pit bull attack; pit bulls maul puppy;southaven pit bulls kill puppy

Full story: WREG

Monday Steve Hessler was taking pictures of Moses, "He was just a sweetheart." Tuesday he spent the afternoon burying his Boston Terrier in the backyard of his Southaven home after a neighbors two pit bulls mauled the puppy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of139
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mary mcgriff

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

i think if any animal.that hurt anyone .specialy a child should be put down.
A Retired Police Officer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Notice that the Pit Bull owner negated her dogs digging out, using the excuse, "Dogs are going to dig and her dog came into our backyard." The Pit Bulls dug the hole. The puppy was an
innocent victim. If a small child had stuck his/her hand thruough
the fence, the Pit Bull owner would still have excused it by that
logic, claiming that the child reached into their dog yard.
She fails to admit the violent, deadly nature of her Pit Bulls.
Pit Bulls, besides attacking other dogs fatally, also are especially adept at killing children and senior citizens, both
of which cannot run nor fight as well as adults.
Many Pit Bulls owners deliberately abuse their own dogs, training them to be attack-oriented toward strangers; they are
trying to get vicious protection dogs, but what they breed are
dangerous dogs for which there is only one effective answer
when an attack comes: the elimination of the threat.

love_light

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

This story is a sad one. There is no doubt about it. However, I am appalled by the extreme slant of this story.

Pit Bulls are loyal and loving to humans by their very nature. They were bred for this. To suggest a dog who fought another dog would automatically be aggressive towards a person is ludicrous.

This is simply fear-based propaganda reported for the sole purpose of ratings. Viewers should be outraged by the insult to their intelligence.

This is not acceptable, WREG. We need news to inform us of facts, not feed us hyperbole. We have tabloids for that.
Pit Bull Owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Not all Pit bulls are vicious! I own a Pit Bull they are very loyal animals just like any other dog and like any other dog they can be protective but Pit Bulls are not the only dogs that attack. I have experienced my neighbors small dog coming through my fence my dog did not hurt him just scared the poor baby. And my dog can NOT fit his fat head through a slot that small,I watched the dog run into my yard! I also brought home a baby lab and also a baby sharpay that my Pit gets along great with. Not all Pits are the same. Like I said they can be very protective of their yard and their owners, I would think if people know dogs are next door and they are vicious they would do what is neccesary to protect their own dogs and keep them from going onto a bigger dogs property! People can Not help if other people dont watch thier animals. And as far as children go I would never let my children out back to play by themselves unsupervised knowing dogs next door were large and vicious and were digging through my fence and i would not let my puppies out back w/ out knowing my fence were secure! If you know you are having problems w/ a neighbors dog secure your fences people protect your animals and your children. I am a mother of 5 and i will not let any of my babies alone in a room w/ any dog not my lab, 4 month old baby sharpay or my 2 year old pit i dont care what kind of dog it is! I have asked my neighbor several times to fix his fence to keep things like this from happening because if my neighbors dog comes into my yard and gets hurt because he is protective of his back yard it will be hell getting my baby and putting him to sleep especially when the dogs come into my yard and ive asked him to fix his side of the fence.I will not punish my lab or my Pit because another dog comes onto my property.
Pit Bull Owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

I know it is sad the only dog attack stories you see are about Pits and those are not the only dogs that fight when they feel threatened a lot of dogs will fight another dog if they come into their yard! Pits are very misunderstood!
rita

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

i wish they would past a law to get real of all pit bulls.
Tired of the Pit Bull BS

Horn Lake, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Where was the owner of the poor little defenseless terrier?? Why was it allowed to roam freely and not on a leash? If it was so small and defenseless the owner should have taken better precautions to protect it?? The dog got into another owners yard. Her dogs were kept confined and not a harm to anyone in their environment. I feel bad the owner lost their pet but come on any dog could have done this to such a small animal. I have a mutt and a cattle dog that weigh less than 50lb and they would have probably killed such a small animal. They love people and never harm anyone. They love children but they will protect their territory just like any animal will instinctively do; it does not have to be a damn pit bull to attack people or other animals. I do not own a pit bull but feel sorry for all the good owners that do because these dogs are not all mean and cruel as they are made out to be. This lady's dogs did NOTHING WRONG so why punish them and their owner because their neighbor could not take care of his pet???? The owners responsibility is to confine her animals on her property and she did that. Now if her animals are truly viscous and have caused problems before then that is a different story but not all pit bulls are vicious and they should not all be treated as such!
No1uno

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

OUTLAW PITBULLS NOW!!!!!!!
yea right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

That would be like saying they should pass a law to get rid of all stupid people it will NEVER happen!
big daddy

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Pitt bulls are like guns, it just depends too much on the owner. guns dont shoot without a shooter, pitt bulls don't need the owner around to kill. after what i have seen, these attacks rarely happen with the owner near. the owner should be banned from ever owning dangerous animals and living near children. most of these idiots aren't worried about others. people, you need to take action when you see owners of dangerous pets. if you know that if your neighbor's dog ever gets loose people are going to get hurt, you have to do something, quick! some rat poision in a burger should do the trick. you say, thats cruel, well i say its a dog eat dog world and do what you have to do. it may not be what you want to do, but it has to be done before a child dies and you live with the guilt that you knew it was going to happen.
big daddy

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

mary mcgriff wrote:
i think if any animal.that hurt anyone .specialy a child should be put down.
...and so should the owner, too.
Breezinthru

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

This is such a terrible unfortunate ordeal. Lately it seems like there have been so many incidences with Pit Bull attacks, on children, adults and other dogs. I know that pits are a dangerous breed of dog, but so are Rottweilers, German Shepards,Dobermans etc.. There are many breeds of dogs that can be vicious. I live close to New Albany, MS where the 3 year old child was killed last week by a Pit Bull and you would not believe the number of people in this area that have taken their own Pits to the shelter since that incident. They just did not want to take the chance that their Pit might, or could possibly do the same thing to some innocent victim. Don't get me wrong, I think there are a lot of irresponsible pet owners, but there are a lot of irresponsible parents also, either of which don't look after their pets or their children as they should. I feel sorry for the Pits in a way but then again, how would I feel if my granddaughter was the victim of such an attack. I, myself, was run over, and I mean run over, by a friends Rottweiler 3 years ago and it broke my leg, damage my knee to the extent of knee replacement and had a severe sprained ankle and all the damage done to me by that dog, took me 2 1/2 years to get over. I am just now able to walk right again. So I can tell you there are other dogs besides Pit Bulls that can harm you. The dog that ran over me was not a vicious dog but was running and playing in the yard and just totally ran over me and threw me about 3 feet into the air. I believe if you have a dog with the potential of being vicious or harmful in any way, you should be responsible enough to make sure that that dog cannot get to anybody to harm them and if you cannot do this, then you need to get rid of the dog period. There are just lots of stupid people in the world that do not need pets or children until they can pass an IQ test or some type of responsiblity test and we know that will never happen, so I believe that dogs that have a vicious nature or ones that can harm people should be penned properly, with room to exercise but not be able to get out to hurt someone or they should be given up by the owners. No one knows what the families of the victims go thru until you are a victim yourself. Just from what I went thru is enough to scare me of any larger breed of dog. I just really don't know what could be done but something needs to be figured out and the faster the better because these attacks are happening more often than ever before, seems like to me.
Mic

Saint Nazianz, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Owners of dangerous animals should be held accountable. Insurance companies charge homeowners extra premiums for having certain breeds of dogs because it is realized that there is a greater risk of the owners of those breeds being sued. There should be strict laws, and punishment for owners , regarding injuries caused by animals. McEasy.org
Julie Perry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

I feel sorry for the puppy. I know what it feels when your dog is attacked by another dog, because my Pit Bull was attacked by 2 Huskies.
Dogs attacking and killing happens all of the time, but why is it that it only makes the news when it is a Pit Bull attacking something?
In the past few months in Horn Lake 2 dogs, a Sheperd and a Chow, killed a Pomeranian while the dogs owner (a young child) watched in horror as her dog was savagely killed right in front of her eyes.
That never made it to the news.
Dora

Wynne, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

As many times as we've seen this breed attack? Evidence enough to make them illegal to own anywhere.
roxie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

All dog owners should be responable for their pets.(Dogs will be dogs) and the owner should be punished for their fence situation. For not that Moses, a puppy would still be alive. My heart goes out to Moses owners.
Brat

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Tired of the Pit Bull BS wrote:
Where was the owner of the poor little defenseless terrier?? Why was it allowed to roam freely and not on a leash? If it was so small and defenseless the owner should have taken better precautions to protect it?? The dog got into another owners yard. Her dogs were kept confined and not a harm to anyone in their environment. I feel bad the owner lost their pet but come on any dog could have done this to such a small animal. I have a mutt and a cattle dog that weigh less than 50lb and they would have probably killed such a small animal. They love people and never harm anyone. They love children but they will protect their territory just like any animal will instinctively do; it does not have to be a damn pit bull to attack people or other animals. I do not own a pit bull but feel sorry for all the good owners that do because these dogs are not all mean and cruel as they are made out to be. This lady's dogs did NOTHING WRONG so why punish them and their owner because their neighbor could not take care of his pet???? The owners responsibility is to confine her animals on her property and she did that. Now if her animals are truly viscous and have caused problems before then that is a different story but not all pit bulls are vicious and they should not all be treated as such!
I guess those of you that are taking up for the pits missed the part about the puppy being 6 months old..... I am sure that the puppy was such a great threat that the pits felt they had to kill it. I also guess you missed the part about how the pits owner had not properly taken care of the destruction her dogs caused to the fence line. I happen to love all dogs and yes, I am leary of pits due to the publicity they receive however, I think it is the owners that deserve any punishment since it is the owners that create monsters out of the once innocent puppies.
joeblowfmidaho

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

sounds like the terrier was dragged into their backyard thru a hole that the pits had been digging.
joeblowfmidaho

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

love_light wrote:
This story is a sad one. There is no doubt about it. However, I am appalled by the extreme slant of this story.
Pit Bulls are loyal and loving to humans by their very nature. They were bred for this. To suggest a dog who fought another dog would automatically be aggressive towards a person is ludicrous.
This is simply fear-based propaganda reported for the sole purpose of ratings. Viewers should be outraged by the insult to their intelligence.
This is not acceptable, WREG. We need news to inform us of facts, not feed us hyperbole. We have tabloids for that.
Pits were bred to fight. They are only loyal to their owners - noone else.
joeblowfmidaho

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Pit Bull Owner wrote:
I know it is sad the only dog attack stories you see are about Pits and those are not the only dogs that fight when they feel threatened a lot of dogs will fight another dog if they come into their yard! Pits are very misunderstood!
Are you saying these pits felt threatened by a PUPPY?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of139
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Memphis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Memphis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Memphis People Search