Shelby County Sheriff's Department, P...

Shelby County Sheriff's Department, Politics,Sheriff's Race, Ra...

There are 30 comments on the WREG story from Apr 28, 2010, titled Shelby County Sheriff's Department, Politics,Sheriff's Race, Ra.... In it, WREG reports that:

Heated politics. In the Shelby County Sheriff race, two sheriff's officers got overheated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jaded

Memphis, TN

#1 Apr 28, 2010
"...a civil rights issue..."? Blah...blah...blah...Randy Wade. Now, for the officers, they should both be ashamed of themselves for fighting like little boys in the office. I don't know either one, but I suspect neither would tolerate such behavior from their own children.
Phil

Cordova, TN

#2 Apr 28, 2010
...a civil rights issue???? C'mon. I do not know Randy Wade, but he just lost my vote. Imagine the type of lame excuses we would get from a Sheriff who would stoop to play the race card. Reminds me of a former Mayor.
FullofCrap

Atlanta, GA

#3 Apr 28, 2010
Everyone knows this was pushed by John Harvey and Rick Jewell, Robbies father and supporter of Randy Wade. Harvey is notorious of trying to get ahead by stirring up crap. He always says Luttrell works in a "good ole boy" style but Wades groups is nothing but a ressurection of the Jack Owens days. You have Harvey, Frank Hefflin and Rick Jewell. These guys along with other known cronies of Owens are the same guys now fully supporting Wade. Wade himself was one of Gilless' admin. This really means he was a tom boy and had the black preachers support Gilless. It is the truth! Back to this Wright and Jewell crap. Robbie Jewell has had more chances than anybody on this department. He was charged with rape, but was dismissed by a judge who's secretary was Jewell's mother. He then complained about not being in a specialized unit and when he got there his car was stolen by a suspect. He has had it made in narcotics and well treated. Robbie is mad because he was never promoted. This is what it is al about. Ask Luttrell about all the people who have aprocahed him about Jewell getting promoted. He is weak and cannot make a decision. He has confided with many in narcotics about his issues in life, including Wright. He talks bad about his dad, openly says Wade is not qualified, but can benefit from him because his dad had given 5,000 to Wade's campaign. Folks, this is not made up, it comes out of Robbie's mouth. The further the media digs, they will find out that Robbie is nothing but a cry baby, runs his mouth, and cares only about his well being. He makes plenty of OT and has a take home car, wish I had one. This guy is a follower and is now being told what to do regarding this stupid incident by John Harvey and Rick Jewell. Glad Bill Oldham is off and has nothing to do with the outcome to Wright, but it won't be good for Wright and the decision will be politically made to show Luttrell does not approve of this behaivor. Wade, once again you are utting yourself in a beehive with a bunch of folks that will sting you. These guys are using you to benefit for themselves. They do not care about the Sheriff's office or the public. I habve heard the "NN" wrd from these gus more than you would like to know. Go ahead Randy "Tom Boy" Wade, show us black folks that you can bow down to these rednecks and be the "Head Sheriff". What a joke and these tactics are bull crap what your folks are doing.
Farmer Wilson

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Another shining example of the caliber and class of law enforcement in this state.
Anonymous

Millington, TN

#5 Apr 29, 2010
HAHA...FULL OF CRAP U LEFT OUT A FEW IMPORTANT POINTS.LT SCOTT WRIGHT IS A DRUG ADDICT THAT IS A SUPERVISOR IN NARCOTICS!!!!!!I GUESS ROBBIE FLUNG HIS BODY AGAINST THE WALL AND ASKED SCOTT TO CHOKE HIM OUT.ALSO ,WHAT DID SCOTT TELL ROBBIE WHILE HE WAS CHOKING HIM???? YOU BETTER VOTE REPUBLICAN.HES THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF HIS WHOLE CARRER ASK THE GUY SCOTT HOGTIED.
Jon Smiff

Knoxville, TN

#6 Apr 29, 2010
Here's how it probably went down at the substation:

Hey, Billy Joe Jim Bob ya wanna go fishin dis weekend?

Cain't Jimmy Ray, gots to be goin out rasin that there County revenue.

Come on cain't you jus shoot a meskin at a stop and say shiny object, should be good for a couple off whit pay.

Naw ah dun used that one last week member?

Oh yeah...well der gotta be a way........I GOTS IT we can git in a fight.

Jimmy Ray you is one of them there geenuses.
Vader Da Pimp

Memphis, TN

#7 Apr 29, 2010
Farmer Wilson wrote:
Another shining example of the caliber and class of law enforcement in this state.
Exactly.

"It's a civil rights issue," Wade told us. "I am upset about it. I called the Sheriff a week and a half ago and told him my supporters were being harassed by supervisors."

C'mon. A "civil rights" issue? Isn't everything in this town a "civil rights" issue?? Give it a rest already. He lost my vote with that crap. The last thing I want is this kind of mentality running the sheriff's office.

P.S. Jewell is a hotheaded idiot.

Cordova, TN

#8 Apr 29, 2010
Farmer Wilson wrote:
Hold on there. You can not put all law enforcement officers in the same basket. There are some mighty fine men out there who do a great job and lay their life on the line every time they go to work. Why? To protect you. So have a little respect for them.
0ueightonetwo

Cordova, TN

#9 Apr 29, 2010
It is a sad situation and bad relection on the entire department. I have worked for the Sheriffs' Office for 27 years. Sheriff Luttrell is the most professional sheriff I have known. He has never allowed politics in the office as in previous administrations; coerced employees to donate or work in any campaign. The jail and all the other lawsuits that plagued the department are no more, thus saving the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars......
ExMemphian

Memphis, TN

#10 Apr 29, 2010
Big deal! Its a stressful job. Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Stop treating this like a bunch of girls!
MeToo

Plano, TX

#11 Apr 29, 2010
FullofCrap wrote:
Everyone knows this was pushed by John Harvey and Rick Jewell, Robbies father and supporter of Randy Wade. Harvey is notorious of trying to get ahead by stirring up crap. He always says Luttrell works in a "good ole boy" style but Wades groups is nothing but a ressurection of the Jack Owens days. You have Harvey, Frank Hefflin and Rick Jewell. These guys along with other known cronies of Owens are the same guys now fully supporting Wade. Wade himself was one of Gilless' admin. This really means he was a tom boy and had the black preachers support Gilless. It is the truth! Back to this Wright and Jewell crap. Robbie Jewell has had more chances than anybody on this department. He was charged with rape, but was dismissed by a judge who's secretary was Jewell's mother. He then complained about not being in a specialized unit and when he got there his car was stolen by a suspect. He has had it made in narcotics and well treated. Robbie is mad because he was never promoted. This is what it is al about. Ask Luttrell about all the people who have aprocahed him about Jewell getting promoted. He is weak and cannot make a decision. He has confided with many in narcotics about his issues in life, including Wright. He talks bad about his dad, openly says Wade is not qualified, but can benefit from him because his dad had given 5,000 to Wade's campaign. Folks, this is not made up, it comes out of Robbie's mouth. The further the media digs, they will find out that Robbie is nothing but a cry baby, runs his mouth, and cares only about his well being. He makes plenty of OT and has a take home car, wish I had one. This guy is a follower and is now being told what to do regarding this stupid incident by John Harvey and Rick Jewell. Glad Bill Oldham is off and has nothing to do with the outcome to Wright, but it won't be good for Wright and the decision will be politically made to show Luttrell does not approve of this behaivor. Wade, once again you are utting yourself in a beehive with a bunch of folks that will sting you. These guys are using you to benefit for themselves. They do not care about the Sheriff's office or the public. I habve heard the "NN" wrd from these gus more than you would like to know. Go ahead Randy "Tom Boy" Wade, show us black folks that you can bow down to these rednecks and be the "Head Sheriff". What a joke and these tactics are bull crap what your folks are doing.
DANG !!! What a mouthful.
discrimination

Cordova, TN

#12 Apr 29, 2010
say what?
Anonymous

Millington, TN

#13 Apr 29, 2010
0ueightonetwo wrote:
It is a sad situation and bad relection on the entire department. I have worked for the Sheriffs' Office for 27 years. Sheriff Luttrell is the most professional sheriff I have known. He has never allowed politics in the office as in previous administrations; coerced employees to donate or work in any campaign. The jail and all the other lawsuits that plagued the department are no more, thus saving the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars......
BULLCRAP!! Scott was braging to everyone that his dad raised Luttrell 30k for the mayors race.You think that might be one reason he stayed in narcotics as a Lt. after a month long stint in drug rehab?If u dont believe that politics is not involved in the scso you have lost your mind!
Suzanne

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2010
ExMemphian wrote:
Big deal! Its a stressful job. Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Stop treating this like a bunch of girls!
I agree that it's stressful, and if you can't hack it, get out. But don't start with the "bunch of girls" crap. Girls act better than that!!
Suzanne

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2010
This reminds me of children on a playground saying "My daddy can beat up your daddy!" Grow up guys. It's always been political and always will be.
Concern Citizen

Shreveport, LA

#16 Apr 29, 2010
I hope the Internal Affairs Investigation don't make the WRONG decision! From the article its seem the Lieutenant made poor judgement.
Concern Citizen

Shreveport, LA

#17 Apr 29, 2010
Phil wrote:
...a civil rights issue???? C'mon. I do not know Randy Wade, but he just lost my vote. Imagine the type of lame excuses we would get from a Sheriff who would stoop to play the race card. Reminds me of a former Mayor.
Civil Rights, I didn't read ANYTHING in the article that spoke of CIVIL rights...dah..
If you didn't know who Randy Wade was, he didn't have your vote in the first place. If you wondering who he is, Randy Wade help your Moma get her Social Secuity Benefits when they were denied. Now, which former Mayor are you talking about, the white one that took the contribution money and built a manison in Mississippi.
Concern Citizen

Shreveport, LA

#18 Apr 29, 2010
FullofCrap wrote:
FULL OF CRAP, you are not in Shelby County how are you such an HISTORIAN on SHELBY COUNTY TN Sheriff department. I am reading some hostility, what are you a USE TO BE GOOD Ole Boy that got kick to the curve. If you personally know Randy Wade, you will find that he's not the Randy Wade of the Penny Hardaway days. He is the New and improve Randy. This wasn't a tactics Randy voiced a concerned.

Since: Feb 10

Knoxville, TN

#19 Apr 29, 2010
I'd already crossed Mr. Wade off my list when he "ax'd" us to vote for him. If you can't enunciate, you won't get my vote.
Vader Da Pimp

Memphis, TN

#20 Apr 29, 2010
Concern Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Civil Rights, I didn't read ANYTHING in the article that spoke of CIVIL rights...dah..
If you didn't know who Randy Wade was, he didn't have your vote in the first place. If you wondering who he is, Randy Wade help your Moma get her Social Secuity Benefits when they were denied. Now, which former Mayor are you talking about, the white one that took the contribution money and built a manison in Mississippi.
Reading is fundamental (for some).

Here: "It's a civil rights issue," Wade told us. "I am upset about it. I called the Sheriff a week and a half ago and told him my supporters were being harassed by supervisors."

It's there, and quite prominently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local attorney 2 hr Wow 12
Has anyone worked at Vector Marketing in Memphis? (May '09) 15 hr Bulldog 30 47
Blacks are the reason I am Leaving 20 hr Black People 1
$20 or under gifts Thu Cmmerchandise 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Proud American 20,707
Troll Bridge (Mar '11) Dec 4 BackStreets 6,611
News TVA Wells Dec 2 pablo 1

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages