tony armstrong; the first 48; memphis police department

Full story: WREG

The Memphis police director taps a familiar name and face as his second in command.
Comments
1 - 20 of 61 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sue c

United States

#1 Apr 21, 2010
Bringing light to the murders in memphis doesnt cause a bad image..it shows all that we're aware of our problems and we're willing to work to solve them. Congrats to Toney!! But the city council members need to pull they're heads out of the sand. Memphis has crime with or without "The First 48"...canceling the show only allows them to run from Memphis' serious issues.
Shouldnhate

Collierville, TN

#2 Apr 21, 2010
thats graet
donna

United States

#3 Apr 21, 2010
Congrats to you sir! You desire what you got for the hard work you have put in on the Memphis Police Department. I just wish there were more honest cops like you on the force working the trenches!
hehehehehehehe

Harrison, AR

#4 Apr 21, 2010
Congrats Toney!!!!!
Retired And Gone

Houston, TX

#5 Apr 21, 2010
I worked with Toney in OCU in the late 80's and he was very dependable and a good cop. I never heard a bad word about him. I'm very glad he made it...he deserves it.
bblue

Jackson, TN

#6 Apr 21, 2010
He seems like a good guy, hope he stays the same.
Congrats to you
Charmeal Alexander

Henderson, NV

#7 Apr 21, 2010
Congratulations Deputy Director Armstrong...I have watched you on First 48 and you are a crime solver.

I live in Nevada now, but I am a Memphis Native and it is refreshing to see someone who really cares about the criminals and the victims.
S Chapman

Olive Branch, MS

#8 Apr 21, 2010
Congrats to you. It is an honor to have you as second in command of the MPD. I watched you for years on The First 48 and was always impressed with you and the way you handled situations. You are an inspiration.
what

Memphis, TN

#9 Apr 21, 2010
Many cities are on the "First 48". What other cities don't have is a drunk Council Members at meetings. When are any ethics standards applied to "those" people.
WhenWillWeLearn

Memphis, TN

#10 Apr 21, 2010
One thing that we must remember is that all of the crime that's committed in Memphis aren't done solely by Memphians. We have a transplant of criminals from big cities that are bringing their evil ways to Memphis. Memphis is a great city, we will get rid of the riff raff!!!!!

Congratulation Mr. Armstrong, on your accompolishments. I wish you and your fellow officers much success...
Marlena

Memphis, TN

#11 Apr 21, 2010
Congratulations!!!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#12 Apr 21, 2010
I'm a huge fan!!! Good for him!
rodney

Memphis, TN

#13 Apr 21, 2010
i'd love to see him take godwin's place.i think he could do a great job.
Shanda Cooperwood

United States

#14 Apr 21, 2010
I wish first 48 was still on
a memphian

Memphis, TN

#15 Apr 21, 2010
that is wonderful keep up the good work
hhjckane

Collierville, TN

#16 Apr 21, 2010
Memphis needs someone to convict murderers. Memphis has got a bunch of these no good people who need to be put to death.
firebone

Oakland, TN

#17 Apr 21, 2010
Congratulations!!! KEEP MEMPHIS SAFE!!!
NEA Girl

Sherwood, AR

#18 Apr 21, 2010
Congratulations!!! I am a big fan and wish Memphis was still on The First 48 it is my favorite show
Mr Leo

Memphis, TN

#19 Apr 22, 2010
Congratulations Brother Armstrong. I'm proud of you man.
gerald

Memphis, TN

#20 Apr 22, 2010
mr armstrong ,congratulations to you.thankful there was no negative words.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 min Pete 146,319
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 min see the light 18,929
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr DeDominicis 9,346
university of tennessee dental school clinic (Mar '10) 11 hr Rick 36
Channel five 15 hr Sad day 1
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Mon Average 8,619
Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Sun guest 835
•••
•••
•••

Memphis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••