Rock 103, what the hell happened.
Sugar

Brighton, TN

#61 Jul 26, 2011
Rock 103 was bad for a lonnnnnngggggg time, with Cheddar and Bad Dog, even the Wake Up Crew. They were terrible. Despite them being that bad, they are worse now. I would rather listen to Malcom Rocker. Remember that dolt?

Drake n Zeke are the best thing on Memphis commercial radio and that is not saying much, because Memphis radio sucks. I listen to NPR and WEVL mostly.

Since: May 09

Redfield, AR

#62 Sep 7, 2011
I grew up in Memphis & moved to AR with my family in '83 when I was 15. I was out of the range of Rock 103 & it was quite a culture shock with the only station that wasn't country being a pop station that the youth in the area thought was rock. Every now & then if the weather was just right I could pick it up at night or early morning but that was rare. When I went to ASU I was glad to be in range again. Post college over the years I would tune in spurts via internet like I am now. I also did some telecom work in eastern AR for a few months where I was able to hear the same Tim, Bev & Bad Dog again then too. I didn't know they were gone now. I think I did hear, as someone above mentioned, Bev on the 93.1 station in Batesville once but had forgot about it. Now just a few ago I was surfin around saw on Rock103.com that Bad Dog had passed. All I saw was it was this year. I'll have to dig a little more on it. Pretty sad as he, The Wakeup Crew, & the station was fond part of my youth & early adulthood. I had one of those Rock 103 discount cards & a Walrus License Plate too. I was just a kid & thought they were cool. Anyone know if there are any Rock 103 Walrus pics on the internet ? I only see one when I google it...

http://Rock103.com/pages/rotator_images/walru...
Memphissucksanyw ay

United States

#63 Sep 14, 2011
why bother with these idiots and their programming when you can listen to anything and anywhere you want these days !!! internet, satellite

who needs this sort of crap ??
icouldusesomehel p

Huntington Beach, CA

#64 Sep 14, 2011
Memphissucksanyway wrote:
why bother with these idiots and their programming when you can listen to anything and anywhere you want these days !!! internet, satellite
who needs this sort of crap ??
Your idea is very good, however the lady at the library gets upset with these southern hillbillies when they turn the sound up.

Go on boys, shine yer tooph.
Supporter

Memphis, TN

#65 Sep 15, 2011
Satellite radio sucks just as bad.. plus subscription fees are outrageous for the amount of time MOST people use it.
memphisradiosuck s

United States

#66 Sep 27, 2011
memphis has really never had a great station and the morons at 103 just took advantage of the local ignorance to try to make themselves look competent
the RedWolf

Jonesboro, AR

#67 Feb 15, 2012
I'm convinced Jarman is mildly retarded

Since: Nov 11

Little Rock, AR

#68 Mar 9, 2012
I like the music in the morning instead of the talking...

“I am Bear Claw Chris Lapp”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#69 Mar 25, 2012
the RedWolf wrote:
I'm convinced Jarman is mildly retarded
MILDLY HELL that man is way out there... people with down syndrome walk by him, do a double take and say DAYYYYYUM!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#70 Mar 26, 2012
Howard Stern blew them outta the water.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#71 Mar 28, 2012
Brea Ashley wrote:
Howard Stern blew them outta the water.
He still does.

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#72 Mar 29, 2012
larry, you branching out like me huh?
blamewho

United States

#73 Apr 3, 2012
blame the guy named F the Mayor, he's the program director for the Clear Channel disaster of Memphis

Since: Mar 10

Cordova, TN

#74 Apr 29, 2012
hahahaha. ridiculous
blamewho wrote:
blame the guy named F the Mayor, he's the program director for the Clear Channel disaster of Memphis
Mona Louder

United States

#75 Oct 5, 2012
F The Mayor wrote:
Anyone remember Mark and Art in the morning? Mark Kessler and Art Mehring. They were only here for a short time in the early 80s. I remember thinking they were a riot.
I think they were succeeded up by Tommy Smith when Rock 103 went Top 40 for about a year. Tommy Smith had the typical Top 40 DJ approach/voice - gag. At that time, every station in Memphis played Top 40.
I remember driving down Park Ave and flipping over to 103 and hearing a Pink Floyd tune - it was the day they changed the format back to rock; thank god.
I remember Mark Meddler.I was his Mona Louder
McGaughey Inc

Memphis, TN

#76 Feb 11, 2014
I found this. Click the pic at the link.
http://davidsaks.com/
It's great !
McGaughey Inc

Memphis, TN

#77 Feb 11, 2014
ps.....He was a brother to Saks.
Saks' letter will make you cry.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/mar...
eauknow

Romania

#78 Feb 20, 2014
tim spencer was the moron director for too long- but the station was horrible anyway for a city of that size, but what do expect it's dumnazz Memphis TN which is 20 years behind the curve
tenth st

United States

#79 Apr 27, 2014
I grew up in Memphis... It was really nice. I partied on Beale... big deal. Now its clearly a refuge for Zimbobway spear chunking , fire dancing, Zulu tribes and a haven for drug infested zombies. Every one I know has been robbed and shot. Do me a favor.. dont turn out the lights on that s h hole before YOU leave?
memphisux

Gilbert, AZ

#80 Apr 27, 2014
the radio station then was bad, it's bad now - but they could have taken a lesson or two from bubba and the powerpig LOL

get out of that hellhole while you can ! that town is full of crap, ghetto, and redneck, just get out ! I did

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Murley Firefighter Wed Hot 2
Memphis Zoo Jun 20 Amazed 9
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 19 Fitus T Bluster 20,945
News Gang vandalism in Cordova raises safety concerns (Feb '14) Jun 19 the end is near 3
Research Chemicals and Meds Available Jun 18 jinal 1
Memphis street outlaws Jun 17 JJ the dealer 2
POS doc in Methodist Germantown Jun 16 Jess 7

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages