abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

I've been out of the country for a little while so I guess I'm behind on things. Rock 103 was my favorite station. When I left Tim, Bev, and Bad dog were the wake up crew in the mornings. A girl did the noon show, I don't remember her name. Then there was Drake & Zeke in the afternoons and that dumbass Jarman at night. Why did they bust up the wake up crew and where did Bev Hart, Drake & Zeke, and Chris Jarman go? Hell I even miss Jarman.

“Have a Day”

Since: Mar 08

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

It has been a while for you hasn't it? If I remember correctly...

What they put out was that Bev got the boot in the name of cost savings. Tim and Bad Dog did it alone for a while, but it was a tired routine. Recently they brought Rick Cheddar over from the afternoon gig and teamed him up with Bad Dog for the morning drive. They're relatively new as a team and are really just beginning to gel. Jarman does the midday show for 98.1. Tim does the midday thing for 103.

Drake and Zeke do the morning drive for 98.1. Best local morning show by far!!!- my opinion.

Was it Kelly Cruise that did the noon show for 103? Don't remember who it was or what happened to her.
abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Thankyou.
allen

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

drake and zeke used to be the best but drake has decided to become the al franken of Memphis radio..that guy spews more hate than keith oberman. he should have stuck to being funny..
Colyar Banks

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Remember David Saks ? He was with the Wake Up Crew in the studio for three years (2002-2005) and one of the best piano players I've ever heard. Saks did the show on and off with them for about fifteen years, went full time in 2002, and left because he's a real estate broker and got busy during the real estate fallout. He's at the University of Memphis now at WUMR, FM 91.7 every Monday and at odd times during the week and still works as a real estate broker. Every now and then he shows up at the Doubletree Hotel next to the Peabody to play for friends. Check him out at :
Http://wumr.memphis.edu and Http://DavidSaks.Com
I miss him. He was really great with the Crew.
hugh

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

yeah, but the jerks at 103 were still jerks, and lousy hosts, they sucked, now a couple of them are being jerks on the web too
Wondering

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

What happened to the 70's dj's: Redbeard & Aaron Jones? Aaron was on late in the night.

“Have a Day”

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Redbeard does a syndicated interview show for radio called In The Studio with Readbeard. Rock103 carries the show but I don't know when it airs.

Don't remember Aaron Jones.
Oceanlover

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

I remember Aaron Jones. He was a good deejay. 103 was such a good station for a long time, but it got tired. They shortened their playlist and they play the same tired songs over and over again. 98.1 is even worse about that. Drake and Zeke are cool but that station otherwise sucks.
JARMAN ROCKS

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

JARMAN ROCKS!!!!
Jar Jar

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

Jarman is kind of geeky but cool.
Spider

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Remember after a major rock concert Rock 103 would play back, in order, all of the songs the main act performed? I believe Red Beard was the night-time DJ during that period.
Still Alive

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Wow, I remember in High School in the early eighties Redbeard and Lola in the mornings. "Luscious Lola in her Lovely Leotards" Anyone remember that? That was when they played what you wanted to hear instead of what the giant Big Brother corporate bosses told them to. Anyone know what happened to Lola? Also, whatever happened to Malcolm Ryker from rock 98? Finally, does anyone know if its possible to get Creed's first and I guess only full length album on CD?
tenth st

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Judged:

rock 103 has always played the SAME SONGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER! what a drag! further more Drake and Zeik NEVER WERE FUNNY AT ALL!(even when smokin weed)
Wigi Surf Board

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Still Alive wrote:
Wow, I remember in High School in the early eighties Redbeard and Lola in the mornings. "Luscious Lola in her Lovely Leotards" Anyone remember that? That was when they played what you wanted to hear instead of what the giant Big Brother corporate bosses told them to. Anyone know what happened to Lola? Also, whatever happened to Malcolm Ryker from rock 98? Finally, does anyone know if its possible to get Creed's first and I guess only full length album on CD?
I remember Lola was on in the morning with Mississippi John Rivers then the morning show became Dawn Patrol, dont remember the name of the host.

Remember: Rock 103 Living room Concert, the Rock 103 concert update, Walruss license plates,...."just a dollar three with your rock 103 card", Tom Stein, Rockin' Rick Earwood, Rob "I live for the weekend" Grayson, The Rock 103 Six Pack, Rock 103 window sticker, the rock 103 party test..."if this were an actual party, you would have been instructed to get horizontal" and didnt Malcom Riker work for rock 103 for a short period after Rock 98 changed format?????
smokey

Russellville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Wigi Surf Board wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Lola was on in the morning with Mississippi John Rivers then the morning show became Dawn Patrol, dont remember the name of the host.
Remember: Rock 103 Living room Concert, the Rock 103 concert update, Walruss license plates,...."just a dollar three with your rock 103 card", Tom Stein, Rockin' Rick Earwood, Rob "I live for the weekend" Grayson, The Rock 103 Six Pack, Rock 103 window sticker, the rock 103 party test..."if this were an actual party, you would have been instructed to get horizontal" and didnt Malcom Riker work for rock 103 for a short period after Rock 98 changed format?????
Yeah, those were the good old days...I still have some rockin walrus stickers and a licence plate like new hanging on the wall LOL. I don't get to listen as much as I used to. Is Bad Dog still on?
smokey

Russellville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Remember Patty Hatchett, who was the traffic report girl about 1995 or so on the "Wake up Crew" show? I always loved her sweet little voice and wondered what she looked like. I heard she had a bit part as a reporter in "The People vs Larry Flynt", but I never saw the movie.
Wigi Surf Board

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

Bad Dog is still on and I think Tim is mid morning or early afternoon???

I forgot about Patty Hatchet!

I think A.J. Arron Jones was on overnights in the '80's.

...and if I remember correctly, that Rock 103 card got you into a ZZ TOP concert in 1983 for just a dollar three....

“Have a Day”

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone remember Mark and Art in the morning? Mark Kessler and Art Mehring. They were only here for a short time in the early 80s. I remember thinking they were a riot.

I think they were succeeded up by Tommy Smith when Rock 103 went Top 40 for about a year. Tommy Smith had the typical Top 40 DJ approach/voice - gag. At that time, every station in Memphis played Top 40.

I remember driving down Park Ave and flipping over to 103 and hearing a Pink Floyd tune - it was the day they changed the format back to rock; thank god.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks Bad dog You have made us smile many mornings Please getwell!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 30 min soft scrub 145,603
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 9,314
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Mr Bojangles 18,835
SHANDA CAMPBELL A.K.A Shanda Fay 9 hr Guest 3
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 11 hr Wondering 8,612
best immigration attorney 16 hr Looking 2
Thinking about attending L'ecole culinaire in M... Tue Arkansasalex 1
•••
•••
Memphis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Memphis Jobs

•••