3 Sentenced in Baseball Bat Beating

Full story: WREG

Hernando, MS - FAST FACTS: Adam Jones, David Lee Jones and Gary Jordan plead guilty in beating Victim has permanent injuries, huge hospital bills Defendants will pay restitution in addition to jail time The victim of a sensational beating talks only to News Channel 3 as his assailants are sent away to prison for a very long time.
Comments
1 - 20 of 63 Comments Last updated Mar 17, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bblue

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

5

1

i am glad the victim is recovering, hopefully, and moving on to college but good luck on getting the money, i dont see it coming from these guys, maybe their parents but arent they adults.??? maybe the same thing will happen to them in jail
peace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

smh..All i can say is don't drop the soap.
Big Boss Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

Grease these three. Gas 'em......hang 'em, strap them in Ol' Sparky and flip the switch. We won't be losing anything as a society. No telling what other crap these little darling have committed from other beatings and I bet they abused animals along their illustrious crime careers. Just do them. I'd like to watch them go when the switch was pulled. And let the rest see what happens when you can't abide the law.
Brandi Mignard

Covington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

5

They got off to easy.
personal thought

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

These criminals deserve being beat with a bat for a while, or just shot. My personal thought, but the tx payers get to pay for housing them, and they tried to kill the person they beat...
Johnny

Bells, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

6

4

3

"Doctors had to dig parts of his skull out of his brain after he endured a brutal beating in the Central DeSoto County woods in what was supposed to be a fight between two groups of teenagers."

He went there looking for a fight. He is just as responsible for his condition as the people that beat him.

Did he have a baseball bat in his hands?
Ugh

Greenwood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

Johnny-, no he did not have a bat in his hands.

And, i dont think anybody deserves what Vince has been thru, except the people who did it.
faye

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Johnny, i cant believe you would be that stupid. No, he did not have a baseball bat. The boys called him to the woods and like most young boys he went in there thinking it was just going to be a clean fight. Boys have been fighting for years and its pretty normal. But boys waiting in the woods with bats like cowards is not normal.. and let me tell you a few facts about these animals and how this went down. when vince walked in the woods he was hit one time and it knocked him out cold.. everyone left the woods and vince was left there to die. The 3 boys came back to the woods a little later and heard vince makin a strange noise. They said he was makin snoring noises.. the jordan boy asked the jones boy to give him a bat. He then hit vince 7 more times to make him stop moaning. He was finishing him off. They then dragged him through the woods and put him in the road. Its only by the grace of God that he is here. These boys are animals.. vince is a good boy who never dreamed that someone could be that evil or else he would of never walked in the woods had he knew they had baseball bats.. and to top it all off they stole his wallet. vince only had a dollar in it.. They bought a black and mild and road around laughing about the wierd noises vince was makin as they were bashing in his brain. This wasnt a fight gone wrong. It was a planned. These boys planned on beating someone with baseball bats. How they stomached it i will never understand.
penny

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

And i heard he didnt even know these boys. Vince was just out there with a friend. It wasnt even his fight. If these boys can do this to someone they had no problem with then that is sick. They did it becaues they just like to beat people. Omg im so glad they are locked up. i saw vince on the news today and he is such a fine young man. i cant believe he had been through all this and still smiling with such a good out look on it all. Good luck to you vince. We are all still praying for you.
Master P

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Yea these three crackers will please the African American men in the pen. Sweet little boys. Get it ready.

Since: Jul 10

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Oh boy, I can't wait till they get to prison. I hope they bring plenty of grease!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jul 10

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Yep, these guys are going to be sweeter than a Little Debbie snack cake by the time they get out.
eer from horn lake

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

What the Hell is wrong with our justice system? These kids willingly went into the woods knowing what they were about to do and all they get is less than 15 and can give no reason why they did what they did. Then they came back to finish the job they started. In my book, that's capital murder and they should all 3 be sitting on death row. I have a friend that lives overseas and people are punished and even killed for offenses less than this over there. What does that say about our justice system? Who is going to pay for that young man's medical bills? Not like these kids are gonna do it. They're parents will be the ones responsible. You dont fight with bats, you fight with your fists and last time I checked 3 on 1 or even 3 on 2 wasn't a fair fight. I firmly believe, those 3 will end up back in prison as quick as they go in there and hopefully the judge will throw the book at them. God be with that young man and help him and his family recover from this horrific deal.
FAMILY FRIEND

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

Johnny wrote:
"Doctors had to dig parts of his skull out of his brain after he endured a brutal beating in the Central DeSoto County woods in what was supposed to be a fight between two groups of teenagers."
He went there looking for a fight. He is just as responsible for his condition as the people that beat him.
Did he have a baseball bat in his hands?
No he didnt have a bat and certainly didnt deserve this, neither did his parents or siblings. They are a very close family and suffered through what had to be a living hell, apparently God thought V deserved better and spared him for all of us.
Eggers

Columbia, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I'm so happy Vince is alive and doing well. I do know God is the only reason for that. My family has suffered so much and yes Vince will have struggles to deal with for the rest of his life. I am glad these boys are locked up. I do not think they are safe and I do think they would have ended up hurting or killing someone else. I do not wish them any pain in prison though. I pray that they use their time there to become good people and turn their lives around.
IWonder

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Johnny wrote:
"Doctors had to dig parts of his skull out of his brain after he endured a brutal beating in the Central DeSoto County woods in what was supposed to be a fight between two groups of teenagers."
He went there looking for a fight. He is just as responsible for his condition as the people that beat him.
Did he have a baseball bat in his hands?
"Birds of a feather, flock together". I'm sure he has been through a lot, but there was a reason he got such a beat down; I doubt he was a Saint
Britt

Columbia, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Johnny wrote:
"Doctors had to dig parts of his skull out of his brain after he endured a brutal beating in the Central DeSoto County woods in what was supposed to be a fight between two groups of teenagers."
He went there looking for a fight. He is just as responsible for his condition as the people that beat him.
Did he have a baseball bat in his hands?
Yea Johnny your right my brother was looking for a fight. But guess what last time I checked you play baseball with bats not bash someones head in. And to laugh about the gurgling sounds someone is making bc he is gasping for air what kind of person is that? A person that is not mentally there and needs to be put away. To answer your question NO my brother did not have a bat. He walked out into the woods to have a good clean fist fight. But if you think that beating someone,laughing about the gurgling sounds they make, then because he was still making noises going back and hitting him some more to make sure he was dead, stealing his one dollar he had in his wallet, taking that money to buy a cigarillo to roll a blunt to get high and LAUGH about what they did.....IF YOU CALL THAT A FIGHT THAT MY BROTHER WAS LOOKING FOR MAYBE YOU YOURSELF NEEDS TO BE LOCKED AWAY.
tickedoff78

Arlington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This really baffles me when this incident went down and the boy was rushed to Baptist East his family was there freely admitting the victim took a bat into the woods because he knew what was going on.
penny

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

tickedoff78 wrote:
This really baffles me when this incident went down and the boy was rushed to Baptist East his family was there freely admitting the victim took a bat into the woods because he knew what was going on.

where in the hell did you get your info.. its funny, because if this happened dont you think it would of been brought up in court..infact the boys said they were the only ones with bats.. listen dum ass... this case was worked on by the desoto county da and several of the detectives of desoto county.. never once was it said vince had a weapon.. my god you must be friends with those animals.. do you really think people are going to believe what you say.. why dont you ask you little friends themselves. they are so stupid they even admitted they were laughing about it.. i was in court today and this was said by the da and the detectives backed it up..
penny

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

IWonder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Birds of a feather, flock together". I'm sure he has been through a lot, but there was a reason he got such a beat down; I doubt he was a Saint
you must be trash just like these boys.. thats the only excuse for your stupid ass..Maybe you should of been in court today so you could of got the facts.. the boys didnt even know vince. i love that those boys are gong to spend the rest of there youth in prison. The youngest boy made the kids at school so miserable everyday. He spit and hit a teacher. He was always picking on kids. I know they are so happy he want be back. Vince was one of the sweetest boys in school. Everybody loved him. Good luck vince we love you..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Memphis Forum right now

Search the Memphis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 55 min guess who 141,074
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr anna kukelski 18,564
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Zeke 8,959
beware buying compters at wal mart 7 hr Gigi 2
Where is Kenneth Glover 11 hr Meme 1
Gee why are people leaving memphis? (Jun '09) Sun The Rogue 152
Does Memphis suck? (Nov '10) Sat ootto van dance 269
•••
•••
•••
•••

Memphis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Memphis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Memphis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Memphis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••