Fullilove Buying Alcohol After Meetings

Full story: WREG

NC3 Investigators capture Janis Fullilove on tape buying wine after three consecutive council meetings Fullilove lied to our camera saying she has never purchased alcohol from that store Councilman Ed Ford Jr.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
you have gone too far

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

I don't like the woman, and don't think she should be on the city council, but you're really pushing the limits of good taste here. You stalked the woman, didn't catch her breaking any laws and yet you refused to let it go. There was nothing to report, but you went with a report anyway.
Is real news that scarce that you have to resort to this kind of tabloid journalism?
SAM I AM

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

he was taking her there to get a discount on what he wanted. come on now.
Sara

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

She is full of it and she needs to be removed from Council. Is this the kind of people we want to represent our city of Memphis? We are finally getting rid of Herenton, now start with her and a few others that need to be gone. No one even wants to live here because our government is such a joke in Memphis...I am ashamed to say I live here. Get with it and do this city some justice.
preacherswife

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

She needs to enter into a rehab and get some help, seriously!
chuck k

Huron, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Your attack/report on councilwoman Fullilove was despicable and absurd. I am no fan of Ms Fullilove. In fact I think she should be removed from the council, but your attack was totally uncalled for. The woman has every right to go into a public store and buy any quantity of a perfectly commodity. Your "yellow journalism" was a sign of a station that dosen't seem to know where privacy and the public's right to know separate. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
chuck k

Huron, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Oops.My last post should have read "perfectly legal commodity".
Michelle

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

She wasn't doing anything illegal. You can't force someone to accept help. She has to be ready. Granted, add all the instances of embarrassment up and eventually she might get there... but I agree with the other poster: this seems more like stalking on the part of the news crew.
jerry bell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

It is a shame that being a politician puts Ms.Fullilove above the law
but like so many "bad apples" in Memphis her sins will forgiven at
election time.
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Everybody has their mistakes. Leave her alone if she not on her work time why bother her. She has the rights just as well as everyone else to do whatever. If she buys something or not so what everyone is human.
william

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

I don't care how much she drinks as long as she is not behind the wheel.
ladybbblady

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

You people are so pathetic. She is a grown woman if she wants to buy alcohol that's her business, who cares. Its like this as long as she not drinking and driving thats her business. Don't you have more important news to report. Here's a hint how about the teacher that got beat up at school by one of her students. How about a couple of stories on that!!
Joe

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

What else would you expect? You might be called a racist if you accuse an african american lying!!!!
Tony

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

They are not stalking her, they are not sayiing she is doing anything illegal, they are pointing out how she lies and is two faced. She tells everyone to pray for her that she is taking steps to improve herself yet she is still doing the same crap. But then again that is the type of political representation Memphis gets and has had for quite some time now. They tell you they are looking out for the citizens but all they want is what can further advance themselves. Take heed Memphians, Channel 3 is trying to give you the whole story behind her but with your blinders on you only see and interpret things the way you want.
gizmogotigers

Horn Lake, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

This woman needs an intervention from her family,friends or counter parts on the city council. Someone needs to have this woman understand she is going to kill herself or someone else in the process.
Drinking as well as drugs "kills".
DT Memphis

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

So What. Get a Life. Out of all the issues we have in Memphis you are spending your time following a person that is not breaking the law. The voters will have they say on eleection day.
I want to asked the reporter and WREG what is your goal? Are you saving Memphis? Are you sending her to hell? Spend your time reporting news stories that can make a difference.
What the real deal behind this story? Is is race, money, staus, or brownie points on your job?
you have gone too far

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Tony wrote:
They are not stalking her, they are not sayiing she is doing anything illegal, they are pointing out how she lies and is two faced. She tells everyone to pray for her that she is taking steps to improve herself yet she is still doing the same crap. But then again that is the type of political representation Memphis gets and has had for quite some time now. They tell you they are looking out for the citizens but all they want is what can further advance themselves. Take heed Memphians, Channel 3 is trying to give you the whole story behind her but with your blinders on you only see and interpret things the way you want.
You think Channel 3 really gives a hoot about anything but its ratings? You've got blinders on.
boom

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

for all of you people who missed the story, here it is.... janis makes comments about how she is for the city; she makes comments about how she is trying to kick her alcohol habit; but then we find out she is lying about the alcohol and lying when being confronted about it. she has abused her power to get a new driver's license.
janis needs to follow willie out the door. she is an embarrassment.
ALICIA PARISH

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

I THINK THAT CHANNEL 3 SHOULD HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAT TO FOLLOW JANICE AROUND IT IS LIKE SHE IS BEING HARASSED LEAVE HER ALONE SHE WAS NOT DRIVING AND HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE A AFTER WORK DRINK?
Teresa w

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

Who cares? I am not a supporter of Janis Fullilove, but I do feel that she is being harrassed. She is a citizen and free to purchase liquor or wine if she wants, if she is not drinking and driving it is none of my concern. Prohibtion is no longer the law of the land. She does have problem and she does need help, but if she is not committing a crime it is no ones concern but hers and her family. No one in America could live under a constant glare let alone a new camera following them around in their daily lives. Their are better news stories to report. Shame on you WREG TV Memphis.
nparris

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

A drunk is a drunk. I am in a unique position to say so. Rehab can take place. But rehab includes no, I repeat, no alcohol. Not wine, not beer, not any alcohol. She is only kidding herself and her constituents who continually show her support when maybe intervention is necessary. As to her personal time off, no elected official is ever on her own time. It is part of the job. She represent Memphis 24/7/365....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Memphis Forum right now

Search the Memphis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min BOiaF 140,750
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 min Samuel 18,543
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr WTH 8,944
Gee why are people leaving memphis? (Jun '09) 8 hr Felix The Cat 150
Murder back in the 70s (Jul '07) 11 hr Unknown 182
Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 13 hr cathyjudy 828
Outlaws-Bandidos-and the C.O.C. (Jan '10) 22 hr earl 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Memphis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Memphis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE