Neighbor Arrested In Murder Of Tipton...

Neighbor Arrested In Murder Of Tipton County Mother

There are 164 comments on the WREG story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Neighbor Arrested In Murder Of Tipton County Mother. In it, WREG reports that:

Tipton County deputies have captured the man they say murdered Starr Harris. The 36-year old mother was found beaten to death last Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
EnglishMajor

Memphis, TN

#1 Jun 8, 2010
Someone might want to proofread this story or maybe someone needs a writing lesson.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Jun 8, 2010
EnglishMajor wrote:
Someone might want to proofread this story or maybe someone needs a writing lesson.
Have to agree with you.
while I normally do not play grammar police since my typing and grammar can leave some lacking...
You would think some professionalism from a so called writer would be in order.
Elena

Cordova, TN

#4 Jun 8, 2010
Wow. This is so very sad. This man will never get a paycheck again and eight children are without their mother. Absolute evil and idiocy.
Concerned

Memphis, TN

#5 Jun 8, 2010
Well God bless her soul~ and also the soul of Mr. Bell.
Billy johnson

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2010
how do they know rickey bell killed mrs harris? what are they baseing it on ? did he confess. are they rail roading this man.mr bell better get himself a good lawyer . and quick.
rlute

Horn Lake, MS

#7 Jun 8, 2010
a woman beat to death,and people complaining about grammer....go figure.......my thoughts and prayers go out to the husband/kids/family..(and to the ones complaining about the grammer).....
yaboi

Millington, TN

#8 Jun 8, 2010
Billy I'm with you. They dont have any hard evidence on Mr. Bell, if so he would already be charged and not on a 48hr investigation hold. They are just taking the easy route and blaming an ex con! Its bull!
yaboi

Millington, TN

#9 Jun 8, 2010
Billy johnson wrote:
how do they know rickey bell killed mrs harris? what are they baseing it on ? did he confess. are they rail roading this man.mr bell better get himself a good lawyer . and quick.
Billy I'm with you. They dont have any hard evidence on Mr. Bell, if so he would already be charged and not on a 48hr investigation hold. They are just taking the easy route and blaming an ex con! Its bull!
BabyLuv

Memphis, TN

#10 Jun 8, 2010
Billy johnson wrote:
You got that right. I feel sorry for the Harris family but Rickey Bell I believe is getting shafted. I really wish Horatio was a real person and I mean that. T-County, you need to look at the other Rick!!!
BabyLuv

Memphis, TN

#11 Jun 8, 2010
yaboi wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!! Mr. Bell has had a rough go at life and that made him as easy target. They don't have the tools or qualifications to do a real investigation.
BabyLuv

Memphis, TN

#12 Jun 8, 2010
Elena wrote:
Wow. This is so very sad. This man will never get a paycheck again and eight children are without their mother. Absolute evil and idiocy.
What if this was your son???
BabyLuv

Memphis, TN

#13 Jun 8, 2010
Gubmint Cheese wrote:
Yep, it was a horny ape.
Racial remarks, I guess that makes the Harris family feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it??
GET TO THE TRUTH

United States

#15 Jun 9, 2010
WOW
REBELMAN

United States

#16 Jun 9, 2010
Yea you can tell the diffrence of people on here.I am real sorry for the Harris Family but the other family Bell family I don't care he will stand before the real judge one day and he will give him his guilty plea.Rot in hell you scum bag.This is what I do not understand why didn't he address the issue with Mr.Harris he was is boss or was it because just maybe THUGHEAD got something that he has never had and didn't know how to read it a check that wasn't put out by the Goverment.let me go ahead and say this on the record this is Drummonds NOT Memphis the police and special agents up there make no mistake.The THUGHEAD just made a bad he knew what he was going to do before he even did it
Anonymous

Memphis, TN

#17 Jun 9, 2010
If a few of the posters on here had been keeping up with this investigation, they would know that not only was the Tipton County LEOS involved with this but the TBI as well. They knew enough to ask for help. Also, it appears that they are smart enough not to divulge evidence in the media for people to do exactly what is starting to happen here. The evidence will show guilt or innocence. It's the only thing that will.
Good job Tipton County and TBI. I hope you guys have the right man. If not, I know you will keep looking till you do.
My condolences to the Harris family and Mr. Bell, if you did this, may God have mercy on your soul.
Stunned Friend

Collierville, TN

#19 Jun 9, 2010
he needs the death penalty! there’s a lot of information that you no sense people don’t know.... so SHUT UP. he’s the one that did it, there not just charging him because he’s a "EASY TARGET" apparently you idiots don’t know the law.... it’s sad that someone lost their life over 50 damn dollars.... he was the last one in the house, there are phone records to prove that, he had her CELL PHONE, and alot of other stuff you idiots don’t need to know about, so before you go slapping your jaws together get the full story instead of just assuming... A Sister, mother, daughter, friend and wife was murdered and all you people make are racial remarks, how about a little symphony towards the family and towards a women who lost her life over something so senseless…. Starr you will truly be missed, Rickey and kids may god somehow give you all the strength to get this through this the best way possible… Also remember Starr is sitting on your shoulders guiding you in the direction that’s best for you…. As far as the monster that did this to Starr, may god do what he thinks is best, we are leaving it all up to him….

GOD BLESS
dr scott

Greenwood, MS

#20 Jun 9, 2010
Hang him with a rope.
porsha

United States

#21 Jun 9, 2010
dr scott wrote:
Hang him with a rope.
really!
Sissy

Memphis, TN

#22 Jun 9, 2010
Do you Mr. Bell "bleeding hearts" really believe that you should be kept informed and updated of the evidence the law enforcement officials have gathered that led to his arrest? Obviously there is something that identifies him as the killer so let the evidence be brought out in the proper forum and leave it to the courts to decide. The fact that Mr. Bell has had such a "rough go" at life is purely SELF INFLICTED and therefore deserves none of my sympathy.

My heart and prayers go out to the family and especially to those angels who are now left without a mother.
ExMemphian

Memphis, TN

#23 Jun 9, 2010
Prayers to the family.
Something isnt right here.
And look at this man? He's attractive. He could've been something like a model. Im just sayin there were other paths to follow.
Fishy!???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interracial dating (Jul '10) 1 hr Do not do it 70
Why do blacks always run from the police? Mon d 16
Memphis Night Life 80s (Jun '11) Nov 17 The Stealth 158
Moose Shell o'bama "ain't forgivin Trump" Nov 16 Nobama 23
Adult and teen challenge Nov 16 DO NOT WAVER 12
Gibson's Donuts Nov 16 UnionAve 10
Southern Poverty Law Center DONATION drive Nov 15 VILDO JACKSON 8

Memphis Jobs

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages