WM3: Interview with Jessie Misskelley

WM3: Interview with Jessie Misskelley

There are 98 comments on the WREG story from Nov 5, 2010, titled WM3: Interview with Jessie Misskelley. In it, WREG reports that:

He was convicted of the 1993 killings of three West Memphis second graders: Steve Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tobi Carr

Flower Mound, TX

#1 Nov 5, 2010
Its about time for these new trials. Should have happened years ago.
Rob Gendreau

Bridgewater, MA

#2 Nov 5, 2010
Time for the prosecution to stop maintaining "the right people are behind bars." As an Arkansas taxpayer I am none too pleased about what was done to these young men's freedoms and I am also not happy that they are wasting my money to continue to play this game. It's clear the cops screwed up big time and the prosecution railroaded some trailer kids because it was such an easy thing to do. Stop it now.
dead men

United States

#4 Nov 7, 2010
they did happen years ago and they were found guilty get over it they will not get out
Real

Arlington, TN

#5 Nov 7, 2010
Thank goodness that at least 2 out of 3 people posting in this forum have a brain.

I hope that their lawyers file for a change of venue so that goofy backwoods people (i.e. "dead men") don't get selected for jury duty. Sir, you embarrass me as a Southerner and you embarrass yourself!!
dead mn

United States

#6 Nov 7, 2010
there will not be a new trial, this is the same so called vidence they brought forward years ago.. and guess what? it was insuficiant to grant a new trial. this is their absolute last chance. amazing how many pansy assess can be fooled into some rewording things. you embarras yourself!
Truth

United States

#7 Nov 7, 2010
I blame the conspiracy people twisting the story over the years and creating this ....mess. It also gives the anti death penalty people something to go after. Do you have alot of people trying to gain from this.
MemphisBorn

Spearfish, SD

#9 Nov 7, 2010
Why not let this trial go forward? Are those against it afraid of the outcome? Or is it just the money the public will have to pay? Is money more important that a persons life? I am pro-death penalty, but the death penalty comes with some heavy responsibilities. If there is evidence showing or even casting a doubt on these boys guilt, well that needs to be heard. If at the end of the trial the defense has not shown that,then back to jail they go, but if the new evidence shows them not guilty let them go. What you say we set back and see what happens.
for sure

Marion, AR

#10 Nov 7, 2010
that mark byers,killed his wife and the boys, i belive he lost his temper that afternoon with his son.
dead mn

United States

#11 Nov 7, 2010
its not just the money, all this has been put in front of the court for 10 years now. why keep on? its bs
mystic1955

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Nov 7, 2010
The West Memphis 3 deserve to be heard. Maybe they didn't do this. Maybe they were just different that the rest of the kids and that caught someone's eye. Just Maybe the real killer had the money to pay the cops off so they could have a "scapegoat--West Memphis 3". It's something to think about.
Chelly S

Wichita, KS

#13 Nov 7, 2010
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! about time is right!
Chelly S

Wichita, KS

#14 Nov 7, 2010
yaaaaaaaay! I actually hope the 3 of them get out and pursue the real killer too!
Huck Finn

Memphis, TN

#15 Nov 8, 2010
dead mn wrote:
its not just the money, all this has been put in front of the court for 10 years now. why keep on? its bs
Here's the real question: Why keep posting the same thing over and over?
We get it. You think they are guilty. No duh.

NEWSFLASH: You are not a judge and no one cares what you think!!(please read that twice)

They are seeing progress and that's a good thing. Maybe they did it. Maybe they didn't. I don't know, but I do know this: something's been shady about this case from the getgo and maybe now we can put it to rest.
dixieChic

Moline, IL

#16 Nov 8, 2010
There is a reasonable doubt these guys didn't do it - obviously. 17 years ago the technology was less than accurate. I believe they were coerced. I hope they are proven innocent myself because I really do not think they committed this crime. This will be interesting to say the very least. For those of you who think they are guilty, you should watch the documentaries of this case, there is so much that was missed and ignored. They are innocent, watch you will see.
Rob WHitey

Memphis, TN

#17 Nov 8, 2010
If I kept the press from seeing the same facts the jury saw and got a big time country act and actors not from the area to say the same thing I could get OJ exonerated from his robbery case. Doesn't make it true. 12 people heard evidence and convicted on the facts as they were known then.
Rob WHitey

Memphis, TN

#18 Nov 8, 2010
dixieChic wrote:
There is a reasonable doubt these guys didn't do it - obviously. 17 years ago the technology was less than accurate. I believe they were coerced. I hope they are proven innocent myself because I really do not think they committed this crime. This will be interesting to say the very least. For those of you who think they are guilty, you should watch the documentaries of this case, there is so much that was missed and ignored. They are innocent, watch you will see.
The documentaries are not case evidence. It was created with a lean toward their innocence. They were convicted beyond a reasonable doubt and more than just an "I think there is a reasonable doubt" should be employed when deciding a new trial. A hearing is to decide if the "new dna evidence" is culpable. Lack thereof does not mean they still did not do it.
Rob WHitey

Memphis, TN

#19 Nov 8, 2010
MemphisBorn wrote:
Why not let this trial go forward? Are those against it afraid of the outcome? Or is it just the money the public will have to pay? Is money more important that a persons life? I am pro-death penalty, but the death penalty comes with some heavy responsibilities. If there is evidence showing or even casting a doubt on these boys guilt, well that needs to be heard. If at the end of the trial the defense has not shown that,then back to jail they go, but if the new evidence shows them not guilty let them go. What you say we set back and see what happens.
Our laws are clear, if you are found guilty by a jury of your peers then that is it. No mulligans or do overs. Lack of DNA does not mean they are innocent. There was a lot of what we know now about crime scenes that has made great differences today. I just do not believe this case is one of them. Those boy's attorneys and family have done well in selling the "conspiracy theory" and making the "cops and procesutor look like 1950 'beat it out of em at all costs'" thugs.
Huck Finn

Memphis, TN

#20 Nov 8, 2010
Rob WHitey wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws are clear, if you are found guilty by a jury of your peers then that is it. No mulligans or do overs.
Ever hear of an APPEAL??

Um ... yeah ... that's a do-over right there.
dead men

United States

#21 Nov 8, 2010
Huck Finn wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of an APPEAL??
Um ... yeah ... that's a do-over right there.
a do over?...oh yea i think i used that one on your mom..

if you saw the whole story instead of the defenses story maybe you could see you are wrong. for those going by the films and their website there is a whole other world out there.

they were talking about it and people overheard it, jesse and jason told some of their friends, and that is why jesse was picked up....hell if you read the book or police reports, witness statements you would know more of the story...try that first
SK8RCHILD

Pitt Meadows, Canada

#22 Nov 8, 2010
dead men wrote:
they did happen years ago and they were found guilty get over it they will not get out
DEAD MN, Learn how to spell. Let's hope you don't get selected for jury duty. Looks like the ignorance still exists.. Maybe you are right, if weak minded indiviuals like yourself are still being introduced to this planet... We can never expect to evolve. Choke on a biscuit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our great president 9 hr Mama Joe 22
Does Memphis suck? (Nov '10) Mon Shek-holio 298
Need help Jun 24 Good cause 1
Does Jerry Lawler dye his hair? Jun 23 Into cool names 3
Looking for a good doctor and clinic please help Jun 22 Nana to Nolan 1
Does God care how he is worshiped? (Feb '10) Jun 21 Baphomet 27
noncustodial parent orthodontic responsibilities (Nov '08) Jun 20 wxchick 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages