kendrick powell; cheyenne country clu...

kendrick powell; cheyenne country club; howard virginia; memphi...

There are 21 comments on the WREG story from Jan 31, 2010, titled kendrick powell; cheyenne country club; howard virginia; memphi.... In it, WREG reports that:

A Mid South mother is crying out for help on the one year anniversary of her son's death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
2Pac

Milan, TN

#1 Jan 31, 2010
I don't advocate senseless violence of any human being. I'm the one who's been beat down. But I will not be a victim again.

2Pac
lmao

Knoxville, TN

#2 Feb 1, 2010
The guy in the pic is holding up a gang sign and one has to wonder exactly how this ended the way it did...1+1=2 and ill leave it at that, I don't feel sorry if that makes me callous then so be it.

Live by the gun and in the streets die by the gun in the same streets...His friend who died 2 weeks later learned that same lesson...

Though I cant speak for him personally and this is based on the pic of him tossing up the gang sign I say 2 less thugs off the streets...
Big Joe Johnson

Collierville, TN

#3 Feb 1, 2010
That's the letter K in sign language.
LMAO

Southaven, MS

#4 Feb 2, 2010
Big Joe Johnson wrote:
That's the letter K in sign language.
Sure it is, and I am Santa Clause...Oh and my neighbor is the Easter bunny, don't kid yourself there is no way this pic is him standing there shooting the "k" for the hearing impaired...

Once a thug always a thug, you can take the thug out the hood but you will never take the hood out of the thug. Again I don't feel sorry and its his fault it happened, kids this is a clear cut sign of what will happen when you get involved in gang activity.
lia

United States

#5 Feb 2, 2010
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is, and I am Santa Clause...Oh and my neighbor is the Easter bunny, don't kid yourself there is no way this pic is him standing there shooting the "k" for the hearing impaired...
Once a thug always a thug, you can take the thug out the hood but you will never take the hood out of the thug. Again I don't feel sorry and its his fault it happened, kids this is a clear cut sign of what will happen when you get involved in gang activity.
u dont kno him so keep your accusations to yourself..what if that was your brother,father,or someone you loved..everyone who knows him know he wasnt a thug as you say...and he for sure wasnt a MURDERER!!!
Lmao

Southaven, MS

#6 Feb 3, 2010
I didn't say he was a murderer but that is CLEARLY a gang sign and don't kid yourself to think otherwise...Gangs are for thugs and people who think its better to run the streets then be a productive figure in there family's life.

If he spent half as much time promoting his family instead of running the streets and promoting his gang as such in this pic maybe he would be here today...

I don't have to know him to come to these conclusions the proof is in the pic, one person killed for unknown reasons believed to be a set up according to the article then has his pic attached with him tossing up a gang sign "crip or folk" is what the gang sign is if my memory serves me correct.

Two scenarios come to mind...1st is a drug deal gone bad, 2nd is a rival gang member or someone with less than upstanding intentions took him out for whatever reason....Either way he was mixed up in things and with people that were going to get him locked up, hurt or killed...For those who read the article know what this mans fate was.

Again live in the streets and by the gun die in the streets by the same gun...Hang around trash and you start to smell like it, birds of a feather flock together, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, smells like a duck...Then my god people its a duck...Just like this was a thug, I call it like I see it and its pretty darn clear in this situation...
VIEWER

United States

#7 Feb 3, 2010
k-peace
MAKEISHA FRAZIER

Memphis, TN

#8 Feb 4, 2010
FIRST OFF LET ME SAY "KENDRICK POWELL IS MY BIG BROTHER AND I LOVE HIM DEARLY" HE WAS A GREAT HUMAN BEING JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE. HE WAS A WORKING AND WILLING MAN WHO CHANGED HIS LIFE TREMENDOUSLY! HE DID NOT DESERVE THOSE CARDS THAT WERE DEALT TO HIM.HE WAS FUN OUTGOING AND A FAMILY MAN WHO JUST ENJOYED LIFE. SO......FOR ALL OTHERS WHO THINK HE WAS A GANG MEMBER AND A WORTHLESS THUG..YOUR STUPID AND YOUR MINDS ARE TOO SMALL TO THINK OTHERWISE. I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MAY THINK THIS BECAUSE YOU YOURSELF ARE ASHAMED OF YOUR OWN LIFE MISTAKES. AND ARE TOTAL LOSERS WHO DESERVE TO BE KICKED SO FAR UP YOUR A** THAT MY SHOES KNOCK YOUR TEETH INTO YOUR NOSE. GET A LIFE AND GROW UP. ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. SO IN CONCLUSION ,ALL OF YOU PERFECT IDIOTS GUESS WHAT GO TO HELL AND EAT SHIT.....
KEKI

Memphis, TN

#9 Feb 4, 2010
LAMOS
VIEWER

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2010
GOD LOVES ALL OF US GOOD AND EVIL, WE ALL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET IT RIGHT, SAVED.
viewer

Oakland, TN

#11 Feb 8, 2010
jn
Brittany

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2010
To the people who keep talking about someone that they dont even know and who are heartless. kendrick is my big cousin and he was a great all around family man he spent time with his children and family he wasnt a thug and he didnt live by the gun or the streets so to the person coming to all these so called conclusions havent ya mama ever taught you to never judge a book by its cover and for the record crip or folk sign does not look like that that is how he put up peace. i love my family so dearly and im reading all these comments from complete idiots is making me mad at this whole situation. so no one is perfect but god so you have no heaven or hell to put any one of us in so judge not unless ye be judge.
tony

United States

#13 Feb 12, 2010
since you know so much about the situation and you keep talkin so much stuff are you sure you are not the one who pulled the trigger because who are you trying to convince the general public or yourself that he is a thug or a drug deal gone bad and why is your location different with every comment-lmao-
nicole edwards

Beardstown, IL

#14 Mar 12, 2011
FOR ALL U RETARD MFS TALKING ABT PEOPLE U DONT KNW I DATED THE WITNESS DAT DIED 2 WEEKS AFTER KENDRICKS MURDER FOR 4 YEARS HE WAS BEST THING DAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME. HE WAS A LOVING CARING GIVING BIG SMILES NICEST PERSON U CAN MEET THERE WASNT A DAY GO BYE THAT WASNT HAPPY WEN I WAS WIT HIM HE WAS THE KINDA GUY WHO WOULD GIVE THE SHIRT OFF HIS BAC IF WAS IN NEED. SO GET UR STORYS STRAIGHT B4 U GUYS GETTN TO START TALKING ABT HIM.HE HAD A BIG FAMILY AN THEY LOVED HIM VERY MUCH AN DAY DIDNT DESERVE TO HAVE TO GO THREW THIS. HE WAS ALWAYS MAKING SOMEONE SMILE NO ONE DESERVED SOMETHING LIKE THAT DONE TO THEM. THATS BS IF ONLI WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES GOD BLESS HIM I LOVE YOU HOWARD I MISS U SO MUCH N WILL B N MI HEART 4 EVER
Kesha

United States

#16 Mar 25, 2012
Bitch before you leave some shit about my uncle howard get your facts right. My uncle was hard working man he was in school to become a CNA he died because of a no life shit of your color took his life over a misunderstanding...A thug he was never A man he will always be.. People like you need to fuckn die maybe the world will be better off.. Whats goes up most come down...laugh now you will cry your share of tears later BITCH
Kesha

United States

#17 Mar 25, 2012
2Pac wrote:
I don't advocate senseless violence of any human being. I'm the one who's been beat down. But I will not be a victim again.
2Pac
wtf whats your point of posting this quote shit why you hiding your name did you killed my uncle???
Camilla

United States

#18 Mar 26, 2012
Yayy don't no shit about my brother Howard dont. Speak on hys behalf if it ain't nun nice dnt say nun at all
Nicole Edwards

United States

#19 Apr 30, 2012
I will always love Howard... an there's nothing merging ya can say to change that... I can't help my color white... I knw them bastards killed him... An. Im sorry I'd give merging to have him back... He will b in my heart forever...
Nicole Edwards

Garden City, MI

#20 May 19, 2012
Even wen things are at its worst, I still think abt yu howard... I miss yu more then ever, yu where the best thing that ever happened to me, yu where my first love... Life without is the worst ever... I think abt yu day an niight, I hope yu can here my prayers cuz yur always n everyone... Love yu always ...
Robert

Memphis, TN

#21 Dec 3, 2017
I cannot stop laughing at the level of stupidity in these comment defending that idiot who died lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swingers At Ground Zero 4 hr Yes please 2
HILLARY had a stroke? 4 hr Oh no 2
901Combat Hit 22 hr SteelGate 102
Why do black people show up at a restaurant 5 m... Sat Barrack 23
The BIG BLUE WAVE is coming in November Fri Yep 15
anyone know sarah evans that lived in memphis o... Fri looking 1
people who rob others Fri Hmmm 35

Memphis Jobs

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages