Memphis Night Life 80s

Monroe, LA

#42 Aug 20, 2012
Jwags... WKRB... GEORGES... REFLECTIONS... ONE MORE...
Tanya Blueyez Owens

Memphis, TN

#43 Dec 6, 2012
My mom and her friends were Millers Cave Regulars. I was a little girl but went with them on certain nights. Steve Miller wanted adopt me, lol. I wished somebody had pictures of that place!
Missisippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#44 Dec 10, 2012
I had band called The Midniters and we played a lot of places in Memphis including Miller's Cave. Does anyone know if it even exists anymore? And there was also the Hilltop on Lamar. Oh, the days of yesteryear!
herbertstemple

Martin, TN

#45 Feb 28, 2013
Some Others

Poplar Lounge
Summer Place Lounge
Sweets
The Bud Den
University Lounge
Daily Planet
Arthur Treachers
herbertstemple

Martin, TN

#46 Feb 28, 2013
Missisippi Man wrote:
I had band called The Midniters and we played a lot of places in Memphis including Miller's Cave. Does anyone know if it even exists anymore? And there was also the Hilltop on Lamar. Oh, the days of yesteryear!
There was a place called the Hilltop on Mendenhall just north of Summer in the 80's. Dont know if its still there or not. Also went to Millers cave a few times back in 82/83.
LoneStarTraveler

San Antonio, TX

#47 Mar 18, 2013
poohbear wrote:
dad's place
Dad's Place was a great hang out..
FLcracker

Bradenton, FL

#48 Mar 27, 2013
yeah, DP was like shooting fish in a barrel anytime you went there - no kidding
jim

Gallatin, TN

#49 Apr 5, 2013
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been trying to think of the name of that place and I just can not think of it for goodness sake.!!!
Was it the Americana Club?
jim

Gallatin, TN

#50 Apr 5, 2013
Was it the americana club ?
Xander

Beech Bluff, TN

#51 Apr 6, 2013
ABC wrote:
Yes, I remember all of those clubs. My favorite was Mr. T's Lounge at Summer and White Station. I enjoyed the Vapors, Buck and Tiny's, Miller's Cave,
The People's Choice, Top of The People's Choice, The Stage Stop, and The Jersey Lilley. All good clean Fun. No Drugs, knives, guns, domestic violence, or other crime. Now I am afraid to go to Memphis after dark if I had a winning lottery ticket down there waiting on me. But those were the good ole' days. Thanks for taking me down memory lane one more time.
Mr.T's was one of my favorite also. Little small but had a great band. Good clientel
Theresa

Byram, MS

#52 Jul 7, 2013
Great memories ...but Im racking my brain trying to think od that little dance club at the bottom of the marriott on american way...popular in the late 80s...anyone?
earthbound_angel

Sanford, FL

#54 Jul 10, 2013
The late seventies early 80s....memphis...ahhh yes.
I think im seeing a clearly distinct opposite opinion here now about memphis. What happened??!
big dawg

Nashville, TN

#55 Jul 10, 2013
kix in the marriot
Black Sheep

Arlington, TN

#57 Jul 10, 2013
What was the name of the club on the opposite corner of Denim & Diamonds?
karmaspkn

Louisville, KY

#58 Sep 18, 2013
I dont know about alot of you..but in the late 70's and early 80's the Underground and the Music Hall were like the best place to really just have fun...yes..there was alot of wild things..but for the most of us it was JUST a place to HAVE FUN...if you were FRIENDS with the people you were THEIR FRIENDS...but it is still the same way today...EVERYWHERE....
Scooter Jim

Canton, MI

#59 Sep 19, 2013
Black Sheep wrote:
What was the name of the club on the opposite corner of Denim & Diamonds?
It was Flannigans!
Jay

Taylorsville, NC

#60 Feb 4, 2014
Thanks Gonzo! My goodness, wasted numerous brain cells at Confetti & at Scruples. Spent a while at Yosemite Sam's in Overton Square as well when our station hosted mini-concerts and appearances there. Makes we want to dig out my old - er - vintage recordings from 'The Breaks' and others from the 80's Memphis. What a great time in life!
gonzo wrote:
how about in the 80s
Bombay Bicycle club
TGI overton square
Bull and Bear Cafe on quince
Houlihan's at Park Place on Ridgeway
Scruples on ridgelake
Joly ox/steak and ale
Dr. Watson's
Confetti
Cowboy
Elan ,Clarke Tower
Cold Storage
Horse Feathers on Mt Moriah in hotel
I got more..lol
Memphis had some fairly decent places a while back

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#61 Feb 4, 2014
WHY are we Concerned about the Nightlife of the 80's .??

GONE BABY GONE .

squeezers

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

The Woods

#62 Feb 8, 2014
JustSayNo wrote:
20 years of piss poor leadership has left this city a shell of its former self. Those that have the means to vacate this cess pool, have already gone.
I think it's more like Negro's that took the place over and has destroyed Memphis much more than it's leadership .. Or is it the Negro leadership?
the man

Henderson, TN

#63 Feb 8, 2014
Danny's on Airways

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memphis Police Wage War On Gangs (Mar '06) 6 hr Now chicks bow wow 206
2 white boys murdered on east Yates last year 1... (Jun '13) 16 hr anonymefriend 41
Does anyone remember Holly Hills Country Club .... (Mar '10) Fri blueferg 20
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
suboxone. (Feb '15) Apr 19 David 10
Southwind Animal Hospital Memphis Horrible Apr 17 I will not go back 2
God is great Apr 16 yes 3

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages