What has an atheist done for you lately?

What has an atheist done for you lately?

Posted in the Memphis Forum

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 12, 2012
I rarely create posts, don't feel the need to, but with the atheist here lately on attack mode, hell why not? To be so anti holy, they sure be acting "holier than thou" let's think of this a different way. Put down bible verse bs on this thread and lets compare the two entities as productive unit to society. "hence the title"

Christians, as well other religious groups does so much for their community and the
World.
Feeding and clothing the needy(even if they don't believe in god)<--- pretty cool of em huh?
Giving away toys to parents to give to their kids on christmas that can't afford them.(no requirement to believe in god on this one either)

Giving people money to pay the utilities to keep there lights, and water on.

Going around to people's homes handing out meals

Going to people's houses building wheelchair ramps and other repairs for people that need them, at no charge (I've helped with this one personally) awesome feeling!!

When hurricane Katrina hit, before the coast guard could get to them, before the national guards could get to the people for help. The Amish was already there, the first on the scene, with a camp set up with food, water, clothing, first aid supplies, and they were going through the wreckage trying to save and help all they could.

And There is plenty plenty more, that are not listed, that they do.

( And with everything they do, it's not a requirement to even believe as they do!)
Again, what has an atheist group or organization done for you? So quick to lash out at a qroup of people that does so much for the world. When they themselves just sit on their azz and try to sue, and complain about the ones that do! Ha! If that's not pathetic, I don't know what is! Now it's not all Atheist, but it's the majority of them!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#2 Sep 12, 2012
"B_rad",....was glad to see your thread and post. I guess it was like a friendly boost to a society that is somehow wrongfully torn apart by those who refuse to see the sunshine. Despite what little Denver, Seattle, the FFR, etc. has managed to squeeze out of the lackluster, there is always a brighter and better side. Thankx again!

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#3 Sep 12, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
I rarely create posts, don't feel the need to, but with the atheist here lately on attack mode, hell why not? To be so anti holy, they sure be acting "holier than thou" let's think of this a different way. Put down bible verse bs on this thread and lets compare the two entities as productive unit to society. "hence the title"
Christians, as well other religious groups does so much for their community and the
World.
Feeding and clothing the needy(even if they don't believe in god)<--- pretty cool of em huh?
Giving away toys to parents to give to their kids on christmas that can't afford them.(no requirement to believe in god on this one either)
Giving people money to pay the utilities to keep there lights, and water on.
Going around to people's homes handing out meals
Going to people's houses building wheelchair ramps and other repairs for people that need them, at no charge (I've helped with this one personally) awesome feeling!!
When hurricane Katrina hit, before the coast guard could get to them, before the national guards could get to the people for help. The Amish was already there, the first on the scene, with a camp set up with food, water, clothing, first aid supplies, and they were going through the wreckage trying to save and help all they could.
And There is plenty plenty more, that are not listed, that they do.
( And with everything they do, it's not a requirement to even believe as they do!)
Again, what has an atheist group or organization done for you? So quick to lash out at a qroup of people that does so much for the world. When they themselves just sit on their azz and try to sue, and complain about the ones that do! Ha! If that's not pathetic, I don't know what is! Now it's not all Atheist, but it's the majority of them!
Excellent example of The Christian Persecution Complex

“NSA”

Location hidden

#4 Sep 13, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent example of The Christian Persecution Complex
All the things I've listed are facts, not made up assumptions like you assume because I take up for religion I'm a Christian. I'm not a Christian. But do believe in god. So this "complex" is false.
For sure

Memphis, TN

#5 Sep 18, 2012
the atheists leave me alone and don't try to fill my mind with stupidity and fairy tales...unlike you.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#6 Sep 18, 2012
The atheists tell me they lack a life to be so worried about my religion. Something they don't believe exists, so if you think it don't then why bother with it? I don't go looking for vampires!! Why? Simple, don't believe in them so why bother.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#7 Sep 19, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
The atheists tell me they lack a life to be so worried about my religion. Something they don't believe exists, so if you think it don't then why bother with it? I don't go looking for vampires!! Why? Simple, don't believe in them so why bother.
That would fall under Myth #7):

"Atheist lives are bleak and lack meaning. Those in the atheist activist community find this one particularly insipid, because we so often deal with people who suffered religious abuse and were only able to find peace by abandoning religion. There’s really no reason to believe that happiness and fulfillment come from a supernatural place, or else believers would have no need for fulfilling work, loving families, friends, and hobbies, since their spiritual beliefs would suffice. Most atheists actually find our lack of belief in a supernatural being makes it easier to fill our lives with meaning and joy. Since we don’t believe in an afterlife, many of us find ourselves more motivated to make the most out of the time we do have instead of looking to the next life to make us happy."

“NSA”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 19, 2012
Hobbies and activities consists of robbing the education system, mocking others belief, attacking churches, interpreting parts of the constitution to fit their agenda..etc yeah, y'all sound happy with your non-belief.
getagrip

Jackson, TN

#9 Sep 19, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
Hobbies and activities consists of robbing the education system, mocking others belief, attacking churches, interpreting parts of the constitution to fit their agenda..etc yeah, y'all sound happy with your non-belief.
The more you post, the dumber you sound. Do you not realize the oppressiveness xtians have placed on society for centuries? Of course not, according to the indoctrinated responses you continuously post. You people overwhelmingly believe that your religion is top dog, numero uno, and/or the shiz nit, AND that everyone in the entire world should put aside their personal beliefs (or lack of), bow their heads, and listen to you people spew that nonsensical BS at every public function. Earth to xtian, that crap is slowing rapidly because not everyone wants to hear it.
Your religions are not in jeopardy. Pray your ass off if you want, just do it in personal or designated religious places. It's not an atheists fault that you are childish enough blame Mr Desoto for your fallible doctrine's shortcomings. Learn more about what you perceive to be true and quit cherry picking. All it does is create ire and debases your character.

Since: Nov 11

Memphis, TN

#10 Sep 19, 2012
Well, considering as of this point in the week I've resuscitated one victim of cardiac arrest, and treated numerous other people as a Volunteer Paramedic for everything from Traumatic Injuries to Diabetic Emergencies, I'd say I've helped other people plenty as an Atheist.

Or were you just trying to troll?

“NSA”

Location hidden

#11 Sep 20, 2012
@ getagrip, religious people need to pray in private places huh? You atheists are always trying to stomp their freedom of speech huh? Do you not believe in freedom of speech? Or just don't believe Christians should have it?

@ rainbow, never heard of volunteer paramedic. Good for you man!!
getagrip

Jackson, TN

#12 Sep 20, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
@ getagrip, religious people need to pray in private places huh? You atheists are always trying to stomp their freedom of speech huh? Do you not believe in freedom of speech? Or just don't believe Christians should have it?
@ rainbow, never heard of volunteer paramedic. Good for you man!!
You damn skippy that xtians need to pray in private. That's my personal opinion, and yes, I'm aware of what opinions are like. You have 24hrs a day to pray, but you people insist on interrupting everyone's else's public enjoyment by having some sap lead a rambling prayer. This is not just about atheism, it's about other religions as well. Someday you'll realize that christianity is not "the only religion" in America. As far as your freedom of speech is concerned, that's a straw man your building. If you're referring to what the FFRF is accomplishing, then your as delusional as religion requires you to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memphis Grocery Stores From The Past (Sep '11) 2 hr Looking 44
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Buck Rohde 20,478
News Racial profiling complaints after Graceland pro... 11 hr Politically Correct 4
tranny bars (Apr '13) Mon guest 12
Are there any bars in/around Memphis for Crossd... (Jan '12) Mon guest 11
black lives zero graceland 1 Mon guest 6
who was around during the mlk assasination or t... (Sep '11) Aug 20 Guest 77

Memphis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages