Sebastian Co. Jail chaplain leaked on...

Sebastian Co. Jail chaplain leaked on snitch, Greenwood police ...

There are 30 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Apr 9, 2010, titled Sebastian Co. Jail chaplain leaked on snitch, Greenwood police .... In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

The Greenwood police chief says the Sebastian County Jail chaplain may have compromised a narcotics investigation and put an officer and a confidential informant at risk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shocked

Frisco, TX

#2 Apr 9, 2010
Ive heard this is not the first time that a complaint of this nature has been made against this particular father-son duo. This is not something to be taken lightly and should be looked into a little deeper. The safety of those officers was compromised. Whether intentional or not it happened. I just think when you hear about things like this you think of what could have happened if that information had made it into the wrong hands and one of our finest didn't make it home. Just makes you think doesn't it?
citizen Greenwood

Greenwood, AR

#3 Apr 10, 2010
So Tommy Young, who is friends with this guy, has a talk with him? Is that the way you investigate this? Who is voting for Tommy Young and they way he investigates things? I'd like to see a copy of the letter myself!
Lavaca Citizen

Frisco, TX

#4 Apr 10, 2010
Ya read that article in the paper. So I guess I could commit a crime and when the police question me all I gotta say is that I didn't do it and they'll believe me? I know what I'll be doing tonight! Ha ha
Trapperman2

Frisco, TX

#5 Apr 11, 2010
Sounds to me like that Chaplain needs to find another job.
contractor

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Apr 11, 2010
let us not hang mr. curtis until he has been proven guilty. i have known him for a long time, i would hope it is not so. i have seen him do many good things over the years.
Concerned Resident

Dardanelle, AR

#7 Apr 12, 2010
Oh get real contractor, it has happened three times. They can write it off all they want, it is a problem and will have to wait until January to get taken care of. This good ole boy system the Sheriff has going on is a crock of crap!
Curious

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Apr 12, 2010
Why does a jail chaplain have that information to begin with?
Wow

Siloam Springs, AR

#9 Apr 12, 2010
Curious, because he can see who the inmates are talking to or leaves with. And yes contractor it happened.
David Lane

Springdale, AR

#10 Apr 12, 2010
You got to be kidding ME!! Young's Statements from the paper!!

"There hasn't been an investigation, but I brought him in here and talked to him," Young said. "It's an allegation that we're looking into to see if it has any merit. At this point in time, I really don't see that it does. I have no proof that Odell has been running over there and telling his son who he sees over here and I don't know why he would do that anyway."

"What me and Odell figured out was happening, at that point in time, was Nate would see these guys called over here and basically Nate was kind of doing a bragging thing,‘Well, you know, my dad tells me things,' basically, trying to make himself look big. I kind of think the deal with Jackson's letter is kind of the same thing."

Chief young you have to be joking here right? You were in CID yourself weren't you? My opionion.... that's incompetent!!

In Chief Youngs world I can see investigators in CID getting suspects to come in and ask them to sit down with them to discuss a case. Ok, Joe Blow said that you killed this guy. No what it must be is that this guy saw some guy who looked like me, but it wasn't me. I am glad that we figured that out!

Well Chief you sure got to the bottom of this allegation. I would like to see what you would do if it was one of your deputies that had a allegation made against them? Or someone like me?

If you don't think that he doesn't have access to that information you are wrong and you really do have NO CLUE what goes on in the jail! As far as his son seeing people getting called over to the Sheriff's office. Did you ever think that the undercover officer may not have taken him over to the Sheriff's office? Did you not get more information from the officers that were involved? How did his son know who was going with who? Was he not in the cell block area or was he just out roaming around the jail? Was he a trusty at that time? There sure are alot of unanswered questions. Why is there no reports done? Have you done a report? My guess is no!

I really hope that the Greenwood Police department calls the State Police in to actually do a investigation. I have confidence in your CID guys and that is who should have been doing this investigation. Especially since there was an allegation just a couple of months ago of the same thing. But now that you have dropped the ball on this, You have no credibility in anything that you do.

I sincerely hope that this matter is resolved and that Mr Curtis is found not to have done this. Let a proper investigation be done. Not by someone that apparently has forgotten how to investigate
Go Lane

Greenwood, AR

#11 Apr 12, 2010
Good questions Mr. Lane. Maybe you should take over the investigation. I can tell you that Tommy Young has not talked to any of the officers involved or even bothered to call and set something up. I've heard what happened during the day in question and there is no doubt in my mind Odells son had information he should have never had! For him to investigate he would have to go over to the jail, we know that's not going to happen! He probably did his investigation, I mean conversation, over coffee as they are good friends.
Bulldog

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 12, 2010
Interesting points Mr. Lane. I do hope this matter is looked into deeper than a "coversation".
David Lane

Springdale, AR

#13 Apr 13, 2010
No I don't need to take over the investigation AKA-conversation they already had it. THEY DECIDED that he didn't do anything. This is how the current sheriff and now the Chief Deputy does business over there. They take people that are there friends or ones that want to "suck up"(we know who I am taking about)and give them special treatment and other things like overtime (ref: 2 secretaries and a deputy that made more than the Sheriff in overtime)all for there own gain.

As I said before I really hope that Mr. Curtis did not do these things and that it was somehow just a fluke that he knew this information. But no one will know unless it is actually investigated. Personally If I was in charge of the GW Police department I would conduct my own investigation or turn it over to the state police and if anything is found I would pursue charges on EVERYONE that is involved.

In the mean time I pray that the officer and even the CI are safe and that no one is hurt because of the leaked information.
Foul ball

Dallas, TX

#14 Apr 14, 2010
Does anyone know if this will actually be turned over to the state police for investigation?
David Lane

Springdale, AR

#15 Apr 14, 2010
I have not heard anything as of now. Really if it is turned over to the State police, I would not want to comment on it anyway. Let them do there job they way it should of been done the first time. Not by the a friend of the person that had the allegations made against him.
Ward Locklear

Fort Smith, AR

#16 Apr 14, 2010
Check out the SWTR today.
Said it was turned over but Little Rock doesn't have anything on it. Surprise Surprise
greenwood firl

Muldrow, OK

#19 Apr 28, 2010
if it comes from Greenwood it stinks and something is wrong. Fix your mayor and own issues before pointing fingers at us 9 miles up hgwy 71. S.T.F.U.
love Greenwood

Fort Smith, AR

#20 Apr 28, 2010
greenwood firl, you are just plain ignorant. The best I can tell is there was lives put at risk. They had just cause to report it. Even if Mr. Curtis isn't guilty of the allegations. It needed to be cleared up. If you have something you would like to share about Greenwood, go ahead. Turn it in so it will get fixed. Or continue to be your weak ass, hide behind a name, sissy and tell people to S.T.F.U. without identifying yourself! We all know that is the only way you would say that!
interesting

Fort Smith, AR

#22 Apr 29, 2010
obviously the State Police didnt see anything worth investigating? Was this all a blow out of proportion deal by the GW chief? why is greenwood such a screwd up town politically?
David Lane

United States

#23 Apr 29, 2010
No what the State Police representative said was that they needed to do a internal investigation. Tommy Young the Chief deputy screwed this up from the get go. He brought the chaplain in and had a discussion with him? and they both determined that there was nothing there? Not the way you conduct an investigation.

In case you didn't read the paper a few weeks ago when this first broke, this is not the first time the chaplain has been accused of this. One of the sheriff's office own deputies reported this happening and it was just swept under the rub then just as this one was trying to swept under by the power to be's. Not the type of person I want to be the next sheriff.

As the old saying goes, where there is smoke there is fire!
jaydee

Warrington, PA

#24 Apr 29, 2010
Snitches get stitches--and rightfully so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tennessee Senate Election--Trump Factor 9 min Reality 12
people who rob others 14 min Reality 3
Would there be less crime if Memphis was 100% w... 25 min Reality 5
Florida stand your ground case 1 hr Truely truthful 1
Cultural Appropriation 1 hr Truely truthful 20
A Shiiithole Place Called Memphis 2 hr Trumptanic 176
Elvis Presley 2 hr Realism 8

Memphis Jobs

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages