Boy Falls Through Ice

Full story: WREG 186
A Bartlett boy is at Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center after falling through ice on a pond. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Karen

United States

#2 Jan 7, 2010
I just heard he has a heart beat
Angie

Southaven, MS

#3 Jan 7, 2010
Alanna Marie Adams wrote:
WHY WOULD HE BE BY THE POND ANYWYAY? He doesn't sound like he has much sense to, maybe he was curious. I think he just learned a lesson and a funny one at that.
And just WHY do you see it as a funny lesson ? I'm sure you'd think differently if it were your son/daughter. You're obviously NOT a mother. This is horrible to hear these sort of accidents.
Amy

Oakland, TN

#4 Jan 7, 2010
To the absolutely insensitive MORON who posted that, this is a ten year old boy with a heart of gold who is fighting for his life right now as you sit typing nasty remarks about him. I'm sure his parents and friends would love to hear your heartless remark. I will add you to my prayer list as I pray for him because it sounds like you need the prayers just as much as he does. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut when you don't know what you're talking about.
WHY WOULD HE BE BY THE POND ANYWYAY? He doesn't sound like he has much sense to, maybe he was curious. I think he just learned a lesson and a funny one at that.
Arlington Friend

Cordova, TN

#5 Jan 7, 2010
To Ms. Adams,
You sound as if you don't have much sense yourself. How can you post something like that about a 10 year old boy who might have lost his life. I will add you to my prayer list with this child and his family. I know this child he plays ball with my son. He is very bright, sweet, and loving. He is a good kid and my heart goes out to him and his family.
Karen

United States

#6 Jan 7, 2010
He and some more neighborhood kids were playing in the woods around the pond and he slipped in. He is only 10 years old. I pray he survives to learn this lesson.
Terri

United States

#7 Jan 7, 2010
Having boys of my own, I'd like to respond to a very insensitive Alanna, he was on the ice because he is a boy! Boys love nothing better than playing out in the ice and snow and the fact that what they are doing is dangerous never even occurs to them. I know God does miracles and I am praying that He will do one for this little boy and his family.
Karen

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2010
Reese has been moved up to ICU to be warmed up some more. He has a heart beat and is intibated. :] His eyes are open but is not responding yet. His eyes were open when they got him to the hospital but he was knocked out cold.
Ernestd

Memphis, TN

#9 Jan 7, 2010
The kid should have not been out on the ice. Period! Anyone living near a pond, especially a child, should have been warned against going out on it when its "frozen". Yes, I feel for the child and because he survived some people only see the humor. I see stupid parents getting cited for not warning him. 10 year old boys need constant supervision.
Cathy Millington TN

Memphis, TN

#10 Jan 7, 2010
My heart goes out to this family. I do not know them but I have lost a child myself and there is nothing worse in this world. I will pray for this family and this child that the Good Lord gives him a second chance.
I do not know this Ms. Adams but I find her to be heartless and hateful and she needs prayer herself. I think it is sad that people carry these type of thoughts about people and I hope that she can find the strength to change her way of thinking. I will say that this angers me and for someone to think a tragedy is funny is sick in the head.
My prayers are out there for this family and their sweet child who is fighting for his life.
Arlington Tigers Nonnie

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jan 7, 2010
Are you completely out of your mind? Have you nothing better to do than poke jabs at an innocent boy in the midst of his fighting for his life, or are you just plain ignorant?
bree

West Lafayette, IN

#12 Jan 7, 2010
Alanna Marie Adams...you're a horrible person. Don't be surprised at the nasty calls or hate mail you receive since you're posting your full name. Maybe you will be the one learning a lesson.

I hope the boy recovers. My thoughts are with him and his family.
srm123

Memphis, TN

#13 Jan 7, 2010
What could possibly be funny about what happened to this little boy? What a moron!!!!!
Reagan

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2010
I was there and it was all an accident. Nobody needs to be saying anything bad about his parents.
Louise Bartlett

Kenilworth, NJ

#15 Jan 7, 2010
My thoughts and prayers are with this child, his family and his caregivers. I pray God's mercy and healing hand be on this young man.
Louise Bartlett

Kenilworth, NJ

#16 Jan 7, 2010
Friends - don't spend time being angry at Alanna. Instead, use that energy to pray for the child -- and Alanaa, too. Be Christ-like in God will receive the glory.
srm123

Memphis, TN

#17 Jan 7, 2010
To Ernest and Alana, since when do kids obey every one of their parents instructions? Did you?????
Kids, especially little boys are curious and they sometimes get into things they shouldn't.

You people are insensitive and I'm sure you would not want people saying things like this about you or yours if you were in the same situation. You are not very nice people.
Worried Mother

Memphis, TN

#18 Jan 7, 2010
Kids are kids and no matter what you tell them things happen. We do not need to blame anyone(especially a child or a parent) but pray for him and his family. I promise if you were there at the scene, like me, watching the people try to get to him, you would have only been moved to pray and not judge.
MOM

Pontotoc, MS

#19 Jan 7, 2010
AND WHERE WERE THE PARENTS OF THIS CHILD? THEY SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!!
Worried Mother

Memphis, TN

#20 Jan 7, 2010
Reagan wrote:
I was there and it was all an accident. Nobody needs to be saying anything bad about his parents.
You are right! I saw how distraught his mother was and no one needs to blame her but pray for her. I pray for you too, knowing what it was like to see them trying to get him out I can not imagine what it was like to see him go in.
Rebecca

United States

#21 Jan 7, 2010
ok i am his sister and to Alanna Marie Adams you are horrible and an idiot and i cant believe you could say something like that for the family to read. it was all an accident and you are lucky i dont have your phone number to call you and treat you the way you treated me and my family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr bubba ali mohamad 19,489
Help! Wed Missourigirl 1
ferguson burn baby burn Tue BENQQ 1
Officer Darren Wilson WILL NOT face charges Nov 25 Fritz 5
More Violence Coming to TV in The War on Culture Nov 25 Ummm 6
Wharton's Son Charged With Statutory Rape (Mar '07) Nov 24 Basic 5
Sleep Cheap in Memphis (Jan '13) Nov 24 Lawls 40
Memphis Dating
Find my Match

Memphis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Memphis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Memphis