My Grandparents
Karon Cummings Edwards

AOL

#1 Jan 10, 2009
HI,MY GRANDPARENTS WAS CHARLIE AND CATHERINE CUMMINGS.MY DAD WAS AARON LEE CUMMINGS. MY GRANDFATHER WAS THE ONE WHO HAD THE BEAUTIFUL ROSES BY THE SIDE OF HIS HOUSE. THEY LIVED ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE CHURCH. I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS MY GRANDMOTHER'S CHO.CAKE RECIPE WITH THE WALNUT FILLING. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE RECIPE. WHEN MY DAD PASSED AWAY WE TRIED TO FIND THE RECIPE AND COULD NOT. HE ONLY HAD ONE AND IT WASN'T HER'S. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]
I MISS HENRYVILLE, MY BROTHER ANDI HAVE ALOT OF GOOD MEMORIES. WE LOVED GOING TO HAIL'S HILL WHEN IT SNOWED AND PLAYING IN THE CREEK WITH DEBBIE ELROD. I AM SO GLAD THAT DEBBIE AND I KEEP IN TOUCH WITH EACH OTHER.
MY AUNT BAY'S OLDEST SON PHIL PASSED AWAY ON DEC.23,2008. HE WAS ONLY 57. IT WAS A SHOCK TO EVERYONE. MY MOM JEAN LIVES NEXT DOOR TO ME AND MY BROTHER AND HIS WIFE LIVES WITH HER. MY DAD DIED 6 YEARS AGO AND WE BURIED HIM ON MY BIRTHDAY SEPT.9TH THE SAME AS THE COL.
I HOPE SOME ONE IN HENRYVILLE WILL HAVE THAT RECIPE AND IF YOU DO WOULD YOU PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME. I KNOW SHE USED SOURED MILK IN IT.
THANK YOU,
KARON EDWARDS
james baugh

Evansville, IN

#2 Sep 11, 2013
Hi Karon

Sorry, I don't have the recipe. As a child I did know your Grandfather Mr. Charles Cummings. We lived across the street from him in the 1950's.

Remember seeing the Col. many times as he visited.

Your brother Danny and I were childhood playmates when he would visit in the summer. Was wondering about him, how's he doing?

Thanks,

Jim Baugh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
freaks Wed visitor 1
Looking for a massage May 3 Balrogcombo 1
News Teens arraigned for Sellersburg man's murder (Mar '13) May 1 Just sayn 33
Charlestown Music Thread (Oct '12) Apr 29 Musikologist 12
New Albany Music Thread (Oct '12) Apr 29 Musikologist 12
is Tracy C (Dec '12) Apr 27 green house 2
Sexual pleasures Apr 27 Tplay 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Memphis Mortgages