Hurricane victims: supplies available

Nov 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Supervisor Kate Murray announced today that the Town of Hempstead is currently distributing coats, clothing, blankets and other supplies at Oceanside Park , Newbridge Road Park and Meadow Elementary School to residents affected by Hurricane Sandy .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Ann

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Why is there no realiable information and people coming around to Oceanside, the forgotten town, and help us.

I live in Oceanside Cove and there is still no power, no action at LIPA, the plant is right across the street.

There is zero access to updated information, or anyting that will help me and others in the community.

Oceanside is the new Katrina. Nobody gives a damn.
Mark

Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

My 75 year old mom also lives in Oceanside Cove. There is still no electric,no cell phone service and absolutely no help or info from anyone!!
Mark

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Still no help for the condos in Oceanside cove or any kind of info.
Still no electric-still no phone or even cell sevice
David

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

My father lives in the cove. Is anyone able to get information from the Manager, Benjamin Wolf? They don't answer the phone.
Thank you.
mark

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

has anyone gotten any information about what is being done? What about the president of the board?
Jeanette

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Island park is same way. Apparently long beach has most of the electric etc up and running only 60 properties are out. Several of my daughter's friends have electric and heat. What Bout island park and Oceanside etc!
I had to walk to long Beach on day 2 after the storm and walk up to every news truck to tell them the plight of island park and how we didn't see Any assistance
Gubamint Electric

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Mark wrote:
My 75 year old mom also lives in Oceanside Cove. There is still no electric,no cell phone service and absolutely no help or info from anyone!!
Why didn't you get your useless azz to Oceanside, and help your Mother; you're pathetic!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melville Discussions

Search the Melville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr lionland 6,326
Debate: Health Care - East Northport, NY (Nov '09) 6 hr Cpl Christopher Scherer 5
Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) 9 hr Billy Bong 60
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 9 hr Bruser 7,853
What Needs to Change in Lindenhurst (Jun '08) 10 hr BARBARA 244
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 23 hr positronium 6,324
Review: Smugglers Jacks (Oct '13) 23 hr Chris 2
•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search