TOP 5 Diners

There are 61 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 9, 2007, titled TOP 5 Diners. In it, Newsday reports that:

At times, it may seem that there is but one diner on Long Island - one that was somehow cloned and distributed throughout Nassau and Suffolk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

FLORIDA LIVING

Homestead, FL

#22 Apr 17, 2007
SCOBIES DINER ON NORTHERN BLVD IS THE BEST!!!!
GEORGE HARRIS

Bronx, NY

#23 May 11, 2007
KISS BY THE CHEF is a great new addition to our community,hopefully they can work on there service and stay here.I have ordered take out several times and each time something is wrong.I sit down and for a very small place it takes forever to get in and out for lunch I only get 45 min. for lunch.Can't understand how they received such high rating with no track record
Critic

Woburn, MA

#24 Jun 15, 2007
Bens Opinion wrote:
How about the "worst" diner ? The Country Diner in Middle Island.
The worst diner? Peter Pan in Bay Shore...runny eggs, synthetic bacon, snobby, cranky waitresses, loud busboys who crash the plates into the cleaning bin and clean up before you are done chewing your last bite of food. A hair will, no doubt, wind up in ANYTHING you order.

The best diner? Oconee in Islip. Great service, quick seating, comfortable atmosphere always decorated to the 9's for the latest holiday or event. The owners are there working everyday with the staff. Great specials, great brunch. EXCELLENT gyro's. All Aroun Great!!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#25 Jun 15, 2007
Critic wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst diner? Peter Pan in Bay Shore...runny eggs, synthetic bacon, snobby, cranky waitresses, loud busboys who crash the plates into the cleaning bin and clean up before you are done chewing your last bite of food. A hair will, no doubt, wind up in ANYTHING you order.
The best diner? Oconee in Islip. Great service, quick seating, comfortable atmosphere always decorated to the 9's for the latest holiday or event. The owners are there working everyday with the staff. Great specials, great brunch. EXCELLENT gyro's. All Aroun Great!!
if you really wanna puke, try the concord diner in valley stream or the lynbrook diner in lynbrook.

a diner that looks absolutely disgusting but is really really good is the lawrence diner. the best of the greasy spoons. mean BLT.
Ellen

Glen Cove, NY

#26 Jun 23, 2007
We recently had lunch at Mitchells in Oceanside and it was not deserved of a top rating. My swiss cheese omelet was a clump of greasy egg whites a top a slice of cheese which was just sitting on the plate. I think you should revisit this pick!

Location hidden

#27 Jun 23, 2007
Ellen wrote:
We recently had lunch at Mitchells in Oceanside and it was not deserved of a top rating. My swiss cheese omelet was a clump of greasy egg whites a top a slice of cheese which was just sitting on the plate. I think you should revisit this pick!
Mmmmm...clump of greasy egg whites. Mmmmmm
Mike

AOL

#28 Sep 1, 2007
Majestic Diner Westbury onOld Country Rd is our #1 favorite. Always crowded but good service, friendly staff - and the food is always fresh. Best omelets around. Been going there since the day it opened and have never been disappointed.

Location hidden

#30 Sep 1, 2007
Mike wrote:
Majestic Diner Westbury onOld Country Rd is our #1 favorite. Always crowded but good service, friendly staff - and the food is always fresh. Best omelets around. Been going there since the day it opened and have never been disappointed.
good diner, to be sure.

try the golden reef in rockville centre.
eric

New York, NY

#31 Sep 7, 2007
Rock Star wrote:
Merrick road in Nassau County is a Diner juggernaut. But the best is the East Bay in Bellmore - The pirates plater is outstanding- 1 Half stuffed Lobster/ Broiled peice of sole/ a couple of shrimp/ 2 Veg./potato/ Greek salad and desert for $17.95!
You will not find a better value ANYWHERE!
you ever hear you get what you pay for??? check out how clean that place is, then tell me if your gonna eat there for $$$$17.95!!!
Tony

New York, NY

#32 Sep 7, 2007
Try the Sunrise Diner in Wantagh, Best kept secret in the area, Your always in and out, Food is outstanding, service is prompt and the place is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#33 Sep 7, 2007
Wondering Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Airport Diner in Bohemia...it is good but not as good as it use to be...Right now the Moriches Bay Diner is excellent they have this new cook and outrageous new menu
I'll have to try the Moriches Bay Diner again, I have not been there in some time and back then it was OK. The new cook and a new menu sounds intriguing. The best Diner to me is the O-Co-Nee in Islip which another poster also mentioned.
Nipsy Russell

Huntington, NY

#34 Sep 7, 2007
One of the best diners, which you all failed to mention, was Luciano Pavarotti. He dined at almost all of those places. He ballooned up real big and will always catch my vote as the best diner of all time. Orson Wells comes in 2nd, and then Orca Winfrey 3rd

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#35 Sep 7, 2007
Nipsy Russell wrote:
One of the best diners, which you all failed to mention, was Luciano Pavarotti. He dined at almost all of those places. He ballooned up real big and will always catch my vote as the best diner of all time. Orson Wells comes in 2nd, and then Orca Winfrey 3rd
Yeah, but Orson Welles was a bigger drinker.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#36 Sep 7, 2007
Tony wrote:
Try the Sunrise Diner in Wantagh, Best kept secret in the area, Your always in and out, Food is outstanding, service is prompt and the place is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.
Circle M is much better. i'm weary of clean Diners.

oh and speaking of best diners. the duo of Dom Delouise/Paul Prodomme (he needs a chair to stand up are some of the best. Has anyone seen the two of them in the same room?

[email protected]..that' s me!!!”

Bohemia

#37 Sep 7, 2007
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to try the Moriches Bay Diner again, I have not been there in some time and back then it was OK. The new cook and a new menu sounds intriguing. The best Diner to me is the O-Co-Nee in Islip which another poster also mentioned.
Went to the O-Co-Nee years ago, food was good the company was bad. Have you tried the Olympic Diner on 231?? It is pretty good....

Location hidden

#38 Sep 7, 2007
Nipsy Russell wrote:
LMAO

I'm here to set the record straight
about sex appeal and a woman's weight.
It's nice to be neat and look petite,
but if you wanna feel some heat, you've got to have some meat!
got sick

United States

#39 Oct 29, 2007
the ham and eggery needs to put in more booths instead of those little grade school tables where you sit two inches from some one else eating and talking like a pig never again thomas's is very over rated they must give newsday writer's free breakfast's.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#40 Oct 29, 2007
an oldie but goodie

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#41 Oct 29, 2007
I'll have the double cheesburger deluxe platter with a side of onion rings.......and a diet coke.
Gina

Florham Park, NJ

#42 Oct 29, 2007
The Olympic on 231 as was mentioned is fabulous. Try the Sauerbratten (spelling? sorry)on . They keep the oil fresh so the french fries, onion rings are always great!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Father Damien Cooper pastor in Lindenhurst foll... (Dec '12) Jul 20 Kristy 3
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Jul 18 Horatio 2,106
Review: Brunswick Hospital Center Amityville Ny (Aug '13) Jul 17 Don 3
Village of Northport Police (Dec '08) Jul 16 Rick E Kasso 17
News James DiMartino, shot, victim (Oct '08) Jul 15 Donna dimartino 141
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Jul 13 scott 60
Dick and Dora's (Nov '09) Jul 13 Matt 68

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance