TOP 5 Diners

Full story: Newsday

At times, it may seem that there is but one diner on Long Island - one that was somehow cloned and distributed throughout Nassau and Suffolk.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jane dickinson

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

wow.... i just recently went to Kiss the chef in mineola...it was such a breath of fresh air.not only was the food AMAZING the service was EXCELLENT they make you feel like your at home. after reading many of joan's reviews i have come to realize that she truly has a good eye for food. i will definitley be back there and i am looking forwrad to the CHICKEN POT PIE AND CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!!!!
Long Islander

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

Who remembers the old Town Diner in Cedarhurst?... great place, great memories!!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

Long Islander wrote:
Who remembers the old Town Diner in Cedarhurst?... great place, great memories!!
THAT was agreat diner.

How Mitchell's made this list and not the Golden Reef in Rockville Centre I will never know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

also, Bruce's restaurant & bakery in glen cove was excellent - more of a deli but hey that's splitting hairs.
Bens Opinion

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

How about the "worst" diner ? The Country Diner in Middle Island.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

Bens Opinion wrote:
the worst? the concord in Valley Stream.

“smart@ss...that' s me!!!”

Bohemia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

No the worset diner on Long Island has to be the Hi-lite Diner on route 347 in Port Jeff Sta..the board health closes it down on a regular basis....ewwwy!

Seaport Diner in Port Jeff Sta is good. But the Moriches Bay Diner in Moriches is very good, they have this new cook yummy and their desserts it is all about presentation, somehow it make the food taste "that" so much better...
Al Denton

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

Bens Opinion wrote:
Warm beer and lousy food...lumpy mashed (box) potatoes, shoe leather meat.....unfriendly service, need I go on?

**********WINNER OF LI's WORST DINER**********

Bohemia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

Wondering Why wrote:
No the worset diner on Long Island has to be the Hi-lite Diner on route 347 in Port Jeff Sta..the board health closes it down on a regular basis....ewwwy!
Seaport Diner in Port Jeff Sta is good. But the Moriches Bay Diner in Moriches is very good, they have this new cook yummy and their desserts it is all about presentation, somehow it make the food taste "that" so much better...
opps, I meant worst...
Barbara C

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2007

Under the section on diners, where is "Kiss the Chef" located? You give a street address and phone number, but not the name of the town.
Tommy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2007

Kiss The Chef is on 2nd Ave. East of the Western beef... and East of Clinton / Roslyn Road. its off set the main road.
Lois

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

How could you leave out the best Diner on Long Island? The "Ocean Crest Diner" in Huntington Station, across from the Walt Whitman Mall is by far the Finest.My Friends and Family have been going there for many years now,and have enjoyed the Fantastic Food and Service...The Chef is "A ONE" ...The Owners are very Friendly and really make you feel at home...Try it...You will Love it...
Tommy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Lois wrote:
How could you leave out the best Diner on Long Island? The "Ocean Crest Diner" in Huntington Station, across from the Walt Whitman Mall is by far the Finest.My Friends and Family have been going there for many years now,and have enjoyed the Fantastic Food and Service...The Chef is "A ONE" ...The Owners are very Friendly and really make you feel at home...Try it...You will Love it...
I beg to differ. I was there one night with my friends at 2am after a night of celebrating a friends graduation. The cook suddenly quit and the owner took an hr and a half to get everyones food. wasnt even hot. sorry, not my favorite. Airport Diner is by far the best!!!

Bohemia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>

I beg to differ. I was there one night with my friends at 2am after a night of celebrating a friends graduation. The cook suddenly quit and the owner took an hr and a half to get everyones food. wasnt even hot. sorry, not my favorite. Airport Diner is by far the best!!!
Are you talking about the Airport Diner in Bohemia...it is good but not as good as it use to be...Right now the Moriches Bay Diner is excellent they have this new cook and outrageous new menu
gng

Ridgewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

The Mount Sinai diner is really good--relatively new.
Rock Star

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

Merrick road in Nassau County is a Diner juggernaut. But the best is the East Bay in Bellmore - The pirates plater is outstanding- 1 Half stuffed Lobster/ Broiled peice of sole/ a couple of shrimp/ 2 Veg./potato/ Greek salad and desert for $17.95!

You will not find a better value ANYWHERE!
Tony S

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2007

Worst diner is the Seacrest, Glen Cove Road, I ate there in the early 80's, these guys came in with guns, robbed the place and made the patrons sexually perform on each other, what an experience, I never ate there again.

Since: Dec 06

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2007

I know it's not Long Island, but I must give an honorable mention to "The Floridian" in Brooklyn, for old time's sake.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2007

Crysania wrote:
I know it's not Long Island, but I must give an honorable mention to "The Floridian" in Brooklyn, for old time's sake.
good nod; haven't been there for a long time but good it is.
B O H I C A

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2007

The Greasy Spoon in Hoboken NJ.

Eat the #6 and you'll catch the #2's for 3 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
Melville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••