Forged checks bilk medical company out of $70K

Full story: Newsday 110
A Commack man used forged checks to steal more than $70,000 from a medical company after he was fired, Nassau County police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 14, 2007
He forged checks, got caught, will be spending time in the slammer. Better than being fired and coming back with a gun! Ignorant people-they can't think beyond the initial 'high' of stealing money-no consequences in their world...til they're caught !
Boo Hoo....now you'll be making license plates and maybe for the Drs you stole from.
USA 350

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 14, 2007
Just put him in prison for a long stretch.
sandy

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 14, 2007
why so little post? the tiny little petty crimes everybody has so much to say but 70k's no big deal. I wonder was this theif stealing bandit doing this when he was a adolescence.
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Dec 14, 2007
What? Huh? Are you trying to say something?
$70,000 is not Petty, it's called Grand Larceny! It's a very big deal-did anyone say it wasn't? The man is 52 years old..an adolescent?
dig56

Elmhurst, NY

#6 Dec 14, 2007
JanieGirl wrote:
What? Huh? Are you trying to say something?
$70,000 is not Petty, it's called Grand Larceny! It's a very big deal-did anyone say it wasn't? The man is 52 years old..an adolescent?
Just remember that every man is innocent until proven guilty!!!
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Dec 14, 2007
dig56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember that every man is innocent until proven guilty!!!
And..your point?
He was charged with this and the evidence is there and...how much more do you need? If I were on the jury.......he's guilty.
Kenny Blankenship

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 14, 2007
Look, the dude just got really pis sed off at Urology Associates and went off half-coc ked. And now he's going to pay a stiff penalty.

Urine a lot of trouble, buddy!
joe

New York, NY

#9 Dec 14, 2007
how bout the doctors in this business, all charged with tax evasion, charded with medicare fraud, charded with sexual harassment, hey newsday why didn't u print that???? funny how newsday found out about this at 1 am in the morning how fishy
dig56

Elmhurst, NY

#10 Dec 14, 2007
joe wrote:
how bout the doctors in this business, all charged with tax evasion, charded with medicare fraud, charded with sexual harassment, hey newsday why didn't u print that???? funny how newsday found out about this at 1 am in the morning how fishy
I concur it would be really bad if Urology Associates dirty laundry got aired and Docs you know who you are. Pervert, pill poppers, alcoholics, spending money on so called confereces and going on family vacations!! how about those expensives. Multiple sexual harrasement cases that were swept under the rug or paid off!!!
Dr Gibbs

United States

#11 Dec 14, 2007
Urology Associates...that place is filled with all liars. I would not trust them nor do business with them again!
dig56

Elmhurst, NY

#12 Dec 14, 2007
JanieGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
And..your point?
He was charged with this and the evidence is there and...how much more do you need? If I were on the jury.......he's guilty.
What evidence, sounds like you are very close to this case! just because someone is charged with something that doesn't mean anything!!
Dr Gibbs

United States

#13 Dec 14, 2007
dig56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence, sounds like you are very close to this case! just because someone is charged with something that doesn't mean anything!!
I have a feeling that this is a case of Sabotage!!
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Dec 14, 2007
Did Anyone Bother To Read The Article?????? What evidence? Sabotage? The place if filled with liars? ARE YOU ALL ON DRUGS?

"A Commack man used forged checks to steal more than $70,000 from a medical company after he was fired, Nassau County police said.

Vincent Audinot, 52, after being terminated by Urology Associates on Plandome Road in Manhasset, altered company checks and used them to make purchases in excess of $70,000, the police said.

Audinot, of 22 Radcliffe Rd. in Commack, was arrested at home at 1 a.m. Wednesday by Nassau police Detectives Anthony Nikolic and Thomas Santoro.

Audinot also refused to return company property valued at $1,300 and made unauthorized credit card purchases in the amount of $1,505, the police said.

He forged the checks during the last week of October, the police said. He was charged with first-degree forgery, attempted grand larceny, falsifying business records and fraud. He was scheduled for arraignment Thursday at First District Court, Hempstead."
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Dec 14, 2007
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
Look, the dude just got really pis sed off at Urology Associates and went off half-coc ked. And now he's going to pay a stiff penalty.
Urine a lot of trouble, buddy!
Take your comedy show on the road....leave now.
dig56

Elmhurst, NY

#16 Dec 14, 2007
Yes we read the article and yes its just an article!! NOT A POLICE REPORT!! WHAT JOURNALIST NEVER GET FALSE INFORMATION, THEY ARE NEVER FED INFORMATION? COME BACK TO REALITY SWEETY!!
Dr Gibbs

United States

#17 Dec 14, 2007
I know it's sabotage..all the Doctors at that practice are sneaky!
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Dec 14, 2007
Dr Gibbs wrote:
I know it's sabotage..all the Doctors at that practice are sneaky!
Bull ! I know them too - ridiculous statement. No one can be 'sneakier' than Harvey Finkelsyringe anyway.
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Dec 14, 2007
dig56 wrote:
Yes we read the article and yes its just an article!! NOT A POLICE REPORT!! WHAT JOURNALIST NEVER GET FALSE INFORMATION, THEY ARE NEVER FED INFORMATION? COME BACK TO REALITY SWEETY!!
Please don't call me sweety...I don't want to read the police report..again, how much evidence does someone need...why are you defensive about this guy..he's a thief.
Idiot Stick

Valley Stream, NY

#20 Dec 14, 2007
Oh it's just a drop in the bucket for the medical profession. They rip us off all the time.
JanieGirl

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Dec 14, 2007
Idiot Stick wrote:
Oh it's just a drop in the bucket for the medical profession. They rip us off all the time.
They may rip off 'the system'..some anyway.
But they don't rip YOU off. You get the services that insurance pays for and if you have a copay..you pay that. The ripping off could be insurers like Medicare-that's for Medicare/Medicaid to deal with. That said, when does stealing (and in this case $70,000 plus in forged checks) justify what you think is a Dr to Patient rip off. Don't they all become g-d, when they save the life of a friend or a loved one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-7-Eleven Letter Arrives at West Islip Home... (Jul '12) 5 hr Enough already 18
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 6 hr Jimmy Rustle 676
FCGOA Pres Guy James SELLS-OUT 188 Securitas Of... (Apr '11) 14 hr anthony 2
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 19 hr truth 759
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 19 hr Bruser 2,293
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 22 hr xheraldina 1,652
Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Sat mdw 44
•••

Rip Current Statement for Suffolk County was issued at September 22 at 4:49AM EDT

•••

Melville News Video

•••
Melville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••