George GC

New York, NY

#81 Oct 15, 2008
The Reason the Scream Park Is Priced so High is.
They do not want to cater to Poor !!!!!!!!!!
Not only Black ones but White ones also.
Joe e

New York, NY

#82 Oct 23, 2008
The Scream Park is no more expensive than going to Coney Island for a day. Disney World is a lot more expensive for a day pass. The company is doing great business and will be opening an ice skating rink(made from artificial ice) and a rock climbing wall for the winter season.
Unfortunately the streets adjacent to Bayville Avenue and near the park are having problems with parking and noise. These are issues that residents need to address with the Village Board. Unfortunately, the monthly meetings generally have one or two persons in attendance. The residents bothered by the noise and parking would rather ventilate on message boards than attend a meeting.
The latest Bayville Amusement park rumor is that the owners have created a corn field maze on the protected wetlands behind the park. I wonder if the persons spreading the rumor have ever visited the park? Incidentally, the pollution from the Birches community which dumps into the wetlands doesn't seem to bother Bayville residents as much as parking on village streets.
Pete

Forest Hills, NY

#83 Nov 10, 2008
I would like to get more info on steves pier one, I would like to restore the place and bring it back to its grandure..

any help welcome
Joe e

New York, NY

#84 Nov 11, 2008
Steve's has a new owner and he is going to add a second floor (there already is a partial second floor.) He plans to have a hall for weddings, etc, a small dining room and a retail shop. Filing plans and getting permits takes forever. The Poseidon is due to be torn down and replaced with a two story building. downstairs will be medical offices and upstairs will be apartments. They too are waiting permits.
George

New York, NY

#85 Dec 19, 2008
Still wating for permits!! A never ending story!!
They will never Happen!! Happy Holidays!!
New hampshire Pete

Manchester, NH

#86 Dec 26, 2008
Hi People,
I'm 15 years departed from the North Shore. I live in New Hampshire now. Trust me, regrets come to mind when I hear of the Souvlaki Place.......I left that ????!!!! Dumb!! Anyone care to Overnight me a couple of Souvlakis? You have no idea how bad the food is up here. No courage.... No ethnicity... McBland comes to mind.... In the 70's I remember partying on Ransom's Beach and then heading up to the Souvlaki Place to kill the munchies. God I loved them !!! Back then, Steve's Pier One was for rich people. Like my sister and her husband who used to be President of American Airlines. I had no time for the place. As far as renting boats.... I remember some place that rented... We used to slaughter the Rock Bass up and down the beach. If a racoon hadn't stolen the corpse, I would have been in the L I Fisherman !!! Tony at the Seacliff 7-11 confirmed the weight on their produce scale. But I stupidly left the fish outside and a racoon stole the proof. A 12 pound Rock Bass!! Memories!!! Aren't they great!!!!
What I'm trying to say....... Count your blessings, however few they might be. The Souvlaki Place... Rock Bass on the Beach... Screw Steve's Pier One... It was for yuppies anyway. Good food. Great fishing. Calm down and count your blessings. Oh yeah... BTW... Pee in the ocean. It won't mind !!!!
It's still BAYVILLE!! And boy do I miss it!!
Nhpetek@yahoo.com
Marta

Wayne, NJ

#87 Dec 31, 2008
Good Lord
Memorial Gardens LLC

Washington, DC

#88 Jan 5, 2009
The SP property is going to be turned into a Mausoleum and memorial garden. The catering and service center proposals fell through. And Moring can't build homes there.
Marta

Wayne, NJ

#89 Jan 5, 2009
A Mausoleum?
It already IS.

Good luck planting a garden in Long Island Sound.
joe e

Bayside, NY

#90 Jan 7, 2009
The new owners took possession this past summer (they paid 3.2 million for the property) and plans for the restaurant update have been submitted to the Village. They just erected a chain link fence to prevent further vandalism.
Michael

AOL

#91 Jan 16, 2009
I remember Steve's Peir One from 15 years ago and can tell you it was the place to go and meet with friends there. I'm sorry tosee that it is no more but have fond memories when our group used to meet there once a month.
resident

Astoria, NY

#92 Jan 21, 2009
I lived in Bayville a few years ago, was born and raised in Glen Cove/Locust Valley/East Meadow. I am ashamed to see Poseidons and Steves Pier still looking atrocious. To be honest I really miss the old mini-golf and game room, it holds a lot of memories for me. I lived on Wilson Ave and that Scream Park/Water Park/Winter Wonderland is extremely noisy. I went to the Scream Park and it is WAY overpriced.
I just moved back to Bayville with my boyfriend, and don't plan on living here forever, but I would love to see Steves Pier get a facelift. It looks disgusting.
Marta

Wayne, NJ

#93 Jan 21, 2009
I wish the same thing for Bayville.
Poseidon's Cove is such an eyesore.
Bayville is starting to resemble Asbury Park from the 70s. Run down, past its prime, and sad.
Why does everything take so long to change? Why can't our village leaders act in the interest of the town instead of themselves.
Lobster Lover

AOL

#94 Jan 30, 2009
I hope Bayville shapes up and Steve's Pier reopens better than before. It was one of my favorite restaurants and I really, really miss it.
Lauren

AOL

#95 Feb 7, 2009
ammodyte wrote:
I have a suggestion:
Make the old SP1 into an extension of the existing Ransom's Beach so I can finally do some decent surfcasting there.
I know it is four months late coming, but try talking to the Town of Oyster Bay about Ransom Beach, it is NOT a Bayville Beach.
Apolonia

Wayne, NJ

#96 Mar 14, 2009
Well, it's gone.
It looked like it put up a fight.
So amazing to drive by and see water where steve's once stood.
What exactly is going there?
Joe e

Staten Island, NY

#97 Mar 23, 2009
The plan is for a new two story building to be erected on the Steve's Pier site. The building will have rooms for wedding receptions, a regular restaurant and some kind of retail establishment.

Poseidon's Cove is planned to have a two story structure - medical offices downstairs and apartments upstairs.
Apolonia

Wayne, NJ

#98 Mar 28, 2009
Thank you for the response, Joe E. It sounds exciting.
I must say, there is such a wonderful view now without the restaurant there!

Poseidon's Cove is shameful. I hope they act fast.
Joe e

Staten Island, NY

#99 Apr 8, 2009
The person who bought the Steve's Pier property also bought the property next to it so the area will be expanded.

Who knows about Poseidon. Just because architect's plans are accepted by the village doesn't mean that they have financing. Because of its location the state DEC gets involved and the state DEC works slower than molasses!
George

New York, NY

#100 Apr 18, 2009
History Tends to Repete Itself, Bayville does not like anything to change, this is not life!!, Bayvilleians love the idea of living in a "bed room community", Landmarks in your town will continue to fall and nothing will replace them,
ie.. The Gaming institutions from the turn of the century, boat rentals, Posiedons's Cove, Pier One look into the History of your village the trend is evident!! Good Luck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Got kicked from the college need money, selling... 1 hr Johnny Bots 2
Debate: Health Care - Massapequa Park, NY (Jan '10) Thu Bruser 1,462
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Thu Bruser 2,342
Reservoir Dogs MC U either support 81 Sex offen... (Oct '13) Thu Just Me 17
Adopting older kids: heavenly (Dec '06) Wed edlacinski 4
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Nov 18 murph 2,028
Tarrantino murders (Jun '11) Nov 17 MR GRs 157

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match