Gay Pride Parades Stepping Off On Long Island, In Brooklyn

Jun 8, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 14

With Pride Month in full swing, two gay and lesbian pride parades were to be held in the Tri-State Area on Saturday.

Full Story
dry sharts

Hazleton, PA

#1 Jun 8, 2013
Brooklyn is getting kind of gay now isn't it.
Reaction

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jul 3, 2013

Since: Mar 07

Hanover, VA

#5 Jul 3, 2013
tired of crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is paying for these parades anyway? My taxes? Thats not fair schools are cutting programs for kids and the disabled and we have to police gays like its Boston in Huntington??? Im sorry this has to stop! Who gives a crap if your happy and gay cuz i dont and i dont know many who do!
You want to ban all parades? People in NY seem to love them, so I don't think this idea of yours will go very far.

Since: Mar 07

Hanover, VA

#6 Jul 3, 2013
moi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf its sickening in my town not a homo phobe you are messing with God and mother nature... Can we havea hetero parade? How about a disability from car accidents parade? How about i cant get pain scripts bdcause of the nuts who abuse them parade,? Gimme a break already!
God and Mother Nature keep creating gay creatures - you don't like it, complain to them.

And when heterosexuals are bullied, tortured, killed, subjected to quack medical procedures, are fired, and evicted simply for who they love, and still manage to survive and thrive, THEN we will have one heck of a parade to celebrate their ability to overcome adversity!
deely

Danielson, CT

#8 Aug 24, 2013
comr out from the dark ages plebian,each one of u has a gay person in tu familia.we will not accept bullying of any kind in n.y. zero so come on aboard or u can drown with the rest of the cynic'$.....change.... evolve....tommy deely.13
Streight outta Hell

Surry Hills, Australia

#9 Aug 24, 2013
How can you have "pride" about being a koksucker or taco licker? Lust after the same sex? Bible says that's wrong, you fruits are going to hell.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#10 Aug 24, 2013
Streight outta Hell wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
Somebody's mommy and daddy ought to do a better job of monitoring their darling child's internet habits. Or haven't you come out of the closet as a sociopath yet?
Paint it black

Surry Hills, Australia

#11 Aug 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody's mommy and daddy ought to do a better job of monitoring their darling child's internet habits. Or haven't you come out of the closet as a sociopath yet?
Define sociopath?
deely

Danielson, CT

#12 Aug 24, 2013
A šociopath is someone who has 0 regard for anyone but yourself.all being gay mean'$ is you are a woman trapped in a man's body and vice versa.the bible was witten thousands of years ago and it cannot be absorbed like a sponge.god watches to see how u treat your fellow man son.stop spreading the venom o.k and I won't come and find your black empty soul....tom deely ab13

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14 Aug 24, 2013
deely wrote:
Jesus save us from some of your self-professed Christians. I realize they aren't your fault, but they do blame you for their idiocy. Amen.
tommy deely

New York, NY

#17 Sep 2, 2013
Rich,who ski!ski gods 2nd son sent here to try and curtail the atrocities of our world.I have to lie in bed with the devil if I am ever to fool him .yes,I am here to protect the weak from the strong and by god I (we) shall triumph..:l love all people regardless of gender,religion,color,or creed.I don't want a blitzkreig rich I want to lead the charge...:Thomas r. Deelyboppers.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#18 Sep 2, 2013
Ephesians 4:29-32 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Colossians 3:12-14 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

AOL

#19 Sep 2, 2013
"God is not a Homophobe: An unbiased look at Homosexuality in the Bible" by Philo Thelos

"Several books already exist attempting to demonstrate that the Christian Bible does not, in fact, condemn consenting-adult homosexuality. But God is Not a Homophobe has a unique perspective in that the author has a lifetime of experience in pastoring hard-core fundamentalist churches. His former bitter opposition to all forms of homosexuality has given way to a rational, unbiased acceptance that the Bible says hardly anything about homosexuality, and what it does say cannot honestly be used to condemn consenting same-sex unions."

AOL

#20 Sep 2, 2013
Pride, as used here, is the opposite of shame.

Overcoming the effects of shame and isolation caused by prejudice and discrimination takes time and positive experiences. Political dynamics aside, this is one of the social purposes fulfilled by having a celebration of some sort, whether it be a history month, parade, or some other celebration. It is a way to fully step out of the closet into a supportive social environment rather that a potentially hostile one. It can be especially exhilarating for those who have spent most of their lives on guard against emotional if not physical attack, to be able to let down those defenses.

The following is a summary of peer reviewed psychological studies from the American Psychological Association: "Research has shown that feeling positively about one’s sexual orientation and integrating it into one’s life fosters greater well-being and mental health. This integration often involves disclosing one’s identity to others; it may also entail participating in the gay community. Being able to discuss one’s sexual orientation with others also increases the availability of social support, which is crucial to mental health and psychological well-being. Like heterosexuals, lesbians, gay men, and bisexual people benefit from being able to share their lives with and receive support from family, friends, and acquaintances. Thus, it is not surprising that lesbians and gay men who feel they must conceal their sexual orientation report more frequent mental health concerns than do lesbians and gay men who are more open; they may even have more physical health problems. Where problems occur, they are closely associated with experiences of bias and discrimination in their environments."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
irish mob (Oct '13) 5 hr ClipperHatBoy 31
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 12 hr Bruser 7,937
Dogwood la Wed Sambee 1
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Tue Sambee 2,046
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
6 arrested after trio caught carrying safe in D... (May '09) Dec 9 StepPredator 31

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:57 am PST