War protesters take their cause to the mall

Full story: Newsday 86
Iraq War protesters once again all but dared a mall chain to eject them Saturday for wearing T-shirts identical to the red-splotched one that landed an 80-year-old peace activist in jail earlier this year when ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bill

Morristown, NJ

#2 Jun 28, 2008
What a doll in the yellow shirt
They Have The Right

Durham, NC

#3 Jun 29, 2008
These people have the right to protest because of the US Military and Civilians who have died for this right. I wish they would fly to Mosul to protest.

Luckily we don't have the douchebags of the 60's protesting, because today's veterans wouldn't put up with their garbage; rightfully so.

Most of these protesters received all their military training playing in sandboxes in their backyards.

You'll always have p u s s i e s in America, there's nothing you can do about it.
Please call Jenny Craig

Durham, NC

#4 Jun 29, 2008
If those protesters are all as big as the one in shorts, on cover story, send them to me! We got some beef going on there.

Is that an Extra Large Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino blended coffee, with Chocolate Whipped Cream, she is holding?

Can you say Moooooooooooooooooooo
Why

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#5 Jun 29, 2008
They are fanatical losers who believe that 9-11 was an inside job ...
darker

Hawthorne, NJ

#6 Jun 29, 2008
Why do those communists & fascists deny some Americans the right to protest? Do they think the American Revolution was not about PROTESTS? Was it about "make nice"? NOT.

How stupid are they?? Without protest, there would have been no America. Does nobody know anything ABOUT HISTORY anymore? Ignorance of history is dangerous to all.
Why

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#7 Jun 29, 2008
darker wrote:
Why do those communists & fascists deny some Americans the right to protest? Do they think the American Revolution was not about PROTESTS? Was it about "make nice"? NOT.
How stupid are they?? Without protest, there would have been no America. Does nobody know anything ABOUT HISTORY anymore? Ignorance of history is dangerous to all.
Get a grip ... they were allowed to protest ... their message is all screwed up though ...
Bob from Finesville

New York, NY

#8 Jun 29, 2008
Was that Rosie O'Donnel in the yellow shirt and red shorts holding the extra large container of beer concealed in a coofee cup??? She's still hot, even with the extra 80 lbs she put on !!!! I think she's still living in the local trailer park.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#9 Jun 29, 2008
The problem with pointless unnecessary wars started by Lying to the American Public, and everybody else is that we still manage to have people so completely ignorant that they ridicule those of us moral and decent enough to stand up with courage and confront the whole idea of killing thousands who need never have died.

The tens of thousands of maimed U.S. troops alone, one would think, is enough to cause some semblance of understanding for what brave Americans have sacrificed for the Lies, and Deceit of the cowardly president who stayed "Safe At Home With The Women" when it was time for his wealthy and provledged azz to go to War in Vietnam. Having weaseled out of His chance to risk life & limb he nevertheless had no problem lying and deceiving others into doing what he never had the courage to do, Die in an unnecessary war that was also based on lies and that, in the end America Lost, lock, stock & Barrel. I know 'First Hand' because unlike the Lying Coward George W. Bush and his equally Yellow Bellied Vice President "Haliburton Dick" Cheney I was 'Present & Accounted For'!

To the people who have the courage and moral fibre to protest the killing that need never have happen, I wish all the best, and as a American Combat Infantry Veteran, THANK wholeheartedly for Caring Enough to Stand Against The Liars, for the sake of the Troops being needlessly Maimed and Butchered !
gump

Bayport, NY

#10 Jun 29, 2008
yeah, protest at the whitman mall! you will definitely stir up support from lawng island overwieght yentas there to max out their husband's credit cards. these clueless "protesters" need to grow a pair and go over to the middle east with their message or at least washington where someone might give a c r ap! LOSERS!
gump

Bayport, NY

#11 Jun 29, 2008
Great phot by the way..that manatee in the yellow shirt is the poster child for everything wrong with those nothing else to do hippie wannabes!
Just Wondering

New Canaan, CT

#13 Jun 29, 2008
Next protest is at Baskin-Robbins, where they'll need the jaws of life to get through the door.
Just Bob

Clifton, NJ

#16 Jun 29, 2008
It's private property. Call the cops
and have anyone who protests there
arrested. What is wrong with
Simon Properties? Are they afraid ?
Malls are for shopping. There is
plenty of room to protest on public
land with a permit. What the heck is
wrong with people?
Why

Yaphank, NY

#17 Jun 29, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
The problem with pointless unnecessary wars started by Lying to the American Public, and everybody else is that we still manage to have people so completely ignorant that they ridicule those of us moral and decent enough to stand up with courage and confront the whole idea of killing thousands who need never have died.
The tens of thousands of maimed U.S. troops alone, one would think, is enough to cause some semblance of understanding for what brave Americans have sacrificed for the Lies, and Deceit of the cowardly president who stayed "Safe At Home With The Women" when it was time for his wealthy and provledged azz to go to War in Vietnam. Having weaseled out of His chance to risk life & limb he nevertheless had no problem lying and deceiving others into doing what he never had the courage to do, Die in an unnecessary war that was also based on lies and that, in the end America Lost, lock, stock & Barrel. I know 'First Hand' because unlike the Lying Coward George W. Bush and his equally Yellow Bellied Vice President "Haliburton Dick" Cheney I was 'Present & Accounted For'!
To the people who have the courage and moral fibre to protest the killing that need never have happen, I wish all the best, and as a American Combat Infantry Veteran, THANK wholeheartedly for Caring Enough to Stand Against The Liars, for the sake of the Troops being needlessly Maimed and Butchered !
The fundamental problem with your position is that this war needed to be fought and there is a reason for it, but just like the 9-11 conspiracy theorists, you and your anti-war fanatics have your heads in the sand and don't have the moral fiber to face reality.
Mike Thomas

Bronx, NY

#18 Jun 29, 2008
They Have The Right wrote:
These people have the right to protest because of the US Military and Civilians who have died for this right. I wish they would fly to Mosul to protest.
Luckily we don't have the douchebags of the 60's protesting, because today's veterans wouldn't put up with their garbage; rightfully so.
Most of these protesters received all their military training playing in sandboxes in their backyards.
You'll always have p u s s i e s in America, there's nothing you can do about it.
Those douchebags as you call them were vindicated just recently when information hidden from the public about the Vietnam War was released that stated the Gulf of Tonkin incident never happened So all those people were maimed and killed FOR A LIE JUST LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON NOW!! I LOST 2 GOOD FRIENDS FROM THAT WAR and now we have been lied to once again and people I know and Love are in harms way for a giant lie perpetrated on the American Public by Zionist traitors who have infiltrated our goverment and are now intent on starting WW3
Wake up People its now or forever live in slavery
Real Serious Radio

Ossining, NY

#19 Jun 29, 2008
If no cameras show up, there is no story. Doesn't matter the cause.
Just like every protest, it means nothing. If there wasn't any media, most of these people wouldn't show up. They don't believe in their cause, they believe in their 15 minutes of fame. When thousands of people show up like in countries where there is not as much freedom, then there is a cause, not this BS
Just Wondering

New Canaan, CT

#20 Jun 29, 2008
The article isn't quite accurate. The 80 year old protestor was arrested at another demonstration, but it did not land him in jail, as the article says. The implication is that he did some time. He was released on bail when he refused an officer's order to leave the area. You can find the article on Michael Moore's blog (surprise, surprise).

Nice spin, Newsday.
Mike Thomas

Bronx, NY

#21 Jun 29, 2008
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundamental problem with your position is that this war needed to be fought and there is a reason for it, but just like the 9-11 conspiracy theorists, you and your anti-war fanatics have your heads in the sand and don't have the moral fiber to face reality.
You sir are the FANATIC and should do some reading and educate youself
You wrote "this war needed to be fought and there is a reason for it"
what all the others did not need to be fought for no reason?? we have been at war my whole life AND I FOR ONE AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT AND I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??
If you still think 911 was done by 19 arabs with box cutters let me know what it is your smoking I could use some I will ask you 1 question Why did building 7 fall down on its own footprint at free fall speed??
DOWN WITH THE ZIONIST NEOCON SCUM
UP WITH THE REPUBLIC OF AMERICA!!
Just Wondering

New Canaan, CT

#22 Jun 29, 2008
Mike Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are the FANATIC and should do some reading and educate youself
You wrote "this war needed to be fought and there is a reason for it"
what all the others did not need to be fought for no reason?? we have been at war my whole life AND I FOR ONE AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT AND I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??
If you still think 911 was done by 19 arabs with box cutters let me know what it is your smoking I could use some I will ask you 1 question Why did building 7 fall down on its own footprint at free fall speed??
DOWN WITH THE ZIONIST NEOCON SCUM
UP WITH THE REPUBLIC OF AMERICA!!
Aren't you the guys who are always reminding us that the Iraq war had nothing to do with 9-11? And your theory about building 7 has been proven false.
Mike Thomas

Bronx, NY

#23 Jun 29, 2008
Real Serious Radio wrote:
If no cameras show up, there is no story. Doesn't matter the cause.
Just like every protest, it means nothing. If there wasn't any media, most of these people wouldn't show up. They don't believe in their cause, they believe in their 15 minutes of fame. When thousands of people show up like in countries where there is not as much freedom, then there is a cause, not this BS
Freedom?? In this Zionist and Neocon run US Corporation give me a break All your freedoms have been takin away by the Patriot Act, and all the other acts and signing statements the chimp in charge and his cohorts have put into play in the last 8 years
If even 1 person stands up there is still hope so we need to continue to protest as it does mean something because it caused Real Serious Radio to take notice
What kind of name is that anyway???
right on

Ossining, NY

#24 Jun 29, 2008
Mike Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Ywe have been at war my whole life AND I FOR ONE AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT AND I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??
Ah, so you are six years old since there was no war between the time we threw Iraq out of Kuwait and the present war.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 2 hr xheraldina 1,646
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 12 hr Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 13 hr positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 13 hr positronium 6,389
Oil company bilked out of $142,000 (Mar '07) 16 hr Mr Chow 335
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 19 hr Sam 757
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE