Girl, 14, dies after Medford crash

Girl, 14, dies after Medford crash

There are 80 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Girl, 14, dies after Medford crash. In it, Newsday reports that:

Three days after a man driving while on drugs in Medford crashed into a car full of children, a 14-year-old girl died Friday afternoon, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

bill

Baldwin, NY

#57 Feb 23, 2008
Amerixico wrote:
'MINNEAPOLIS — A woman who authorities say is in the country illegally and using an alias was charged Friday with four counts of criminal vehicular homicide and two lesser charges in a school bus crash that killed four children.
A woman who identified herself as Alianiss Nunez Morales, 23, of Minneota, was driving a van that failed to stop at a stop sign Tuesday before hitting a bus carrying 28 students from Lakeview School, Lyon County Attorney Richard Maes said. The accident happened near the small town of Cottonwood, in southwestern Minnesota.'
Did you also know they caught her in 06 and TICKETED her and let here go ! If we didn't pander to Illegals those kid would be here today !
jake

Baldwin, NY

#59 Feb 23, 2008
really mad wrote:
hey all of you patriot bigots out there, guess what?
It was a white guy with a regular name killed a young women, and you all thought it was just those with Spanish surnames that got into accidents......
let us hope he gets sent away for 2nd degree murder with depraved indifference, and hope his lawyer doesn't make us all sick saying it wassn't his fault, that his doctor should have locked his cabinet or been more stern when warning him not to drive under medication or for not taking away his car keys..........
Well if Newsday didn't protect you Illegals you would have read about the Illegal Alien who killed 4 kids on a school bus yesterday ,she had ALREADY been caught before and LET GO . I guess if you read that your BIG MOUTH would have been shut. And of course we have screwed up white people , but we don't need to Import garbage like you and yours !!
John D

Brooklyn, NY

#60 Feb 23, 2008
:
Dear readers,
During the early afternoon of Tuesday February 19th, 2008 Dr. Dawn Nappi and I were having lunch at our usual spot. For those of you who are not familiar with Dr. Nappi, she is a wonderful and very special third grade teacher at the Cordello School in Central Islip.
We had just finished lunch and we were ready to clean up our table and Dawn's cell rang. She had just found out that her daughter, Angelica, was in a car accident in the Medford area. According to several sources, Angelica died upon impact in an auto accident. Angelica was struck directly where she sat in the back of the car. Others in the car, which included her sister Nicolette, had injuries too. Angelica was one of two people in the accident that had to be air lifted from the scene.
Angelica Nappi was only 14 years old and had a very promising future ahead of her. She was loved very much by her family and friends. She was a very special person. As I am typing this, I am recollecting my own experiences when I first met her and her siblings two summers ago when Dr. Nappi and I created a presentation which was presented at a major national event in Chicago. I remember her smile and her wit the most. Her smile would make anyone change their mood upon sight. Her wit was just as effective. Angelica is now with the angels above and I am sure those of us who know her well know that she is smiling as she looks upon us.
If you are interested in making a contribution, please make a donation to M.A.D.D. at http://www.madd.org in the name of Angelica Nappi. Both, Dr. Nappi and I, thank you for your time and God bless!
Sincerely,
John D.
John D

Brooklyn, NY

#61 Feb 23, 2008
RE: doing the math

There were many cars involved.
Casey

Bronx, NY

#62 Feb 23, 2008
John D wrote:
:
Dear readers,
During the early afternoon of Tuesday February 19th, 2008 Dr. Dawn Nappi and I were having lunch at our usual spot. For those of you who are not familiar with Dr. Nappi, she is a wonderful and very special third grade teacher at the Cordello School in Central Islip.
We had just finished lunch and we were ready to clean up our table and Dawn's cell rang. She had just found out that her daughter, Angelica, was in a car accident in the Medford area. According to several sources, Angelica died upon impact in an auto accident. Angelica was struck directly where she sat in the back of the car. Others in the car, which included her sister Nicolette, had injuries too. Angelica was one of two people in the accident that had to be air lifted from the scene.
Angelica Nappi was only 14 years old and had a very promising future ahead of her. She was loved very much by her family and friends. She was a very special person. As I am typing this, I am recollecting my own experiences when I first met her and her siblings two summers ago when Dr. Nappi and I created a presentation which was presented at a major national event in Chicago. I remember her smile and her wit the most. Her smile would make anyone change their mood upon sight. Her wit was just as effective. Angelica is now with the angels above and I am sure those of us who know her well know that she is smiling as she looks upon us.
If you are interested in making a contribution, please make a donation to M.A.D.D. at http://www.madd.org in the name of Angelica Nappi. Both, Dr. Nappi and I, thank you for your time and God bless!
Sincerely,
John D.
O no!!!!
Please sir, leave this board immediately. I beg of you. You are about to be throttled(spell?).
enuf

Bronx, NY

#63 Feb 23, 2008
Records show that Catalano, of West Babylon, has an extensive record of previous offenses, including seven convictions for aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
3 strikes and you are out - this guy got 8 strikes and now a little girl is dead. This man is clearly never going to be a contributing member of society. He was a mess before and now he has to live with this murder on his head. He needs to die. It is the only way he will find peace. The only way he can forget the terrible thing he has done. His life has been a total waste. It has only become more miserable with the passing years. It may well have been that the accident was an attempt at suicide. Death is the only way out for him. Die.
Free Ride

Hackensack, NJ

#64 Feb 23, 2008
Pissed Off wrote:
<quoted text>
A Saturn SUV imbicile...
Driver of Jeep = 1 person Driver of Saturn and 4 passengers = 5 total = 6

small cars can still carry 3 passengers in the back seat + 2 in front seat..
When will it stop

Eastport, NY

#65 Feb 23, 2008
enuf wrote:
Records show that Catalano, of West Babylon, has an extensive record of previous offenses, including seven convictions for aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
3 strikes and you are out - this guy got 8 strikes and now a little girl is dead.
This innocent girls blood is also on the hands of the politicians, judges, and legal system because they allowed this animal to repeatedly get back behind the wheel of his weapon of choice.
trophy04

AOL

#66 Feb 23, 2008
this story is so dam sad i was reading this article in tears.i really think this guy needs death how can this girls family feel so heart breaking hang this druggy or let the girls father run him over 100 times.
The Saturn 6

Dover, NJ

#67 Feb 23, 2008
LIer wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Mario. Not everyone goes by the letter of the law. Have you ever gone 56 MPH on the LIE?
What a terrible comparison. Lets see douche, is murder a crime? Is shoplifting a crime? Yes, they both are, but at greatly varying degrees.

Going 56 on the LIE- chances are a cop will NOT stop you (may stop you for going to slow).

Compromising the safety of 4 minors in the back seat of a tiny car without proper safety restraints for ALL? Yeah, a cop may stop you for PLAIN STUPIDITY!

Nice try though.
Average Joe

Medford, NY

#68 Feb 23, 2008
I thought that this area was going to be patrolled by the police because of the high amounts of speeding and reckless driving on Woodside Ave.
I'd like to know how much this accident is going to cost taxpayers versus how much it would have cost to have a greater police presence on the roads. Like the the old saying...an ounce of prevention is worth this time the life of a young girl.
A tragedy.
suffolk mom

AOL

#69 Feb 23, 2008
I am so terribly sorry for the loss of the little girl's life. I am heartbroken. May she rest in peace and even though her family will never be the same, may God grant them the strength to live with this tragedy and go on. The person who did this must be punished severely. This madness must stop and we have the power to do it now by enforcing extremely severe sentences. This has been escalating over the years and there is no sign of it subsiding. Politicians and judges take note. We are all fed up and it is way past time you started doing your job and get tough and impose serious sentences on these individuals.God forbid you liberal politicians and judges, just think if it were one of your own. You would I am sure think quite differently and maybe then things would change. I certainly do not wish this on another family, just making a point and begging for a change.
roy p

Ballston Spa, NY

#70 Feb 23, 2008
God bless the little girl and her family.
If this isn't the perfect example of a person who
should be incarcerated for life plus I don't know
who would be. It will be interesting to watch what
our illustrious judicial system does with this guy.
My guess is he will do less then 10.
Bethpage Resident

Brooklyn, NY

#71 Feb 23, 2008
Here’s your 10. Thanks Newsday for having multiple stories.
Stephen Catalano, Mark Cutino and Edward Rohrbach in a Jeep.
Rachel Williams, Angelica Nappi, Nicollete Nappi, Brittany Combs, Tanisha Combs and Tesheara Fields in a Saturn.
Giuseppe Lucchese in a Pontiac.

Six people in a Saturn bothers me. Had they not been packed side-by-side in the back of a small car I think this girl might have survived. What also bothers me is that some of the children should have been home sleeping and not going out to a late movie. 11, 12, 13, and 14 is too young for late night excursions. Catalano is still a dipshit, but I still think something should be done to Williams.
VanillaBean in the sun

United States

#72 Feb 23, 2008
Condolences to friends and family on this all around tragedy.
Pat

AOL

#73 Feb 23, 2008
Bethpage Resident wrote:
Here’s your 10. Thanks Newsday for having multiple stories.
Stephen Catalano, Mark Cutino and Edward Rohrbach in a Jeep.
Rachel Williams, Angelica Nappi, Nicollete Nappi, Brittany Combs, Tanisha Combs and Tesheara Fields in a Saturn.
Giuseppe Lucchese in a Pontiac.
Six people in a Saturn bothers me. Had they not been packed side-by-side in the back of a small car I think this girl might have survived. What also bothers me is that some of the children should have been home sleeping and not going out to a late movie. 11, 12, 13, and 14 is too young for late night excursions. Catalano is still a dipshit, but I still think something should be done to Williams.
The accident was 12:18 p.m. which was Tuesday afternoon not night.
Bethpage Resident

Brooklyn, NY

#74 Feb 23, 2008
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The accident was 12:18 p.m. which was Tuesday afternoon not night.
Thanks for the correction. Newsday can't get all the eggs in one basket and I can't tell time.

Here’s your 10. Thanks Newsday for having multiple stories.
Stephen Catalano, Mark Cutino and Edward Rohrbach in a Jeep.
Rachel Williams, Angelica Nappi, Nicollete Nappi, Brittany Combs, Tanisha Combs and Tesheara Fields in a Saturn.
Giuseppe Lucchese in a Pontiac.

Six people in a Saturn bothers me. Had they not been packed side-by-side in the back of a small car I think this girl might have survived. Catalano is still a dipshit, but I still think something should be done to Williams.
Wow

Bronx, NY

#75 Feb 23, 2008
Bethpage Resident wrote:
Six people in a Saturn bothers me. Had they not been packed side-by-side in the back of a small car I think this girl might have survived. What also bothers me is that some of the children should have been home sleeping and not going out to a late movie. 11, 12, 13, and 14 is too young for late night excursions. Catalano is still a dipshit, but I still think something should be done to Williams.
So, where are you certified in accident reconstruction? Or maybe you're a medical examiner? You must have some expertise in the dynamics and physics or automobile collisions to be able to make this statement. Or are you just another idiot Newsday blogger who likes to write about things you know nothing about? Do you have anything at all to back up your claim that this girl would have survived but for the fact that there were four people in the back set? Or are you just making it up?

Since: Feb 08

Dunellen, NJ

#76 Feb 23, 2008
Bethpage Resident wrote:
Six people in a Saturn bothers me. Had they not been packed side-by-side in the back of a small car I think this girl might have survived. What also bothers me is that some of the children should have been home sleeping and not going out to a late movie. 11, 12, 13, and 14 is too young for late night excursions. Catalano is still a dipshit, but I still think something should be done to Williams.
Your audacity is amazing. YOU think kids this age should be home asleep? Who do you think you are? You act as if you are the authority on these matters. I wish people like you were more concerned with the Stephen Catalanos of this world instead of innocent kids.
I kept my 3 kids out til 1am to go see a Knicks game. My youngest is 9 y/o. OMG!! Does that make me a bad parent? Why don't you try minding your own business?
Newslady38

Bronx, NY

#78 Feb 23, 2008
Pissed Off wrote:
<quoted text>
A Saturn SUV imbicile...
The Newsday article said a Saturn sedan, not SUV. Please learn how to read and spell. Imbecile, not imbicile. You idiot. Even if it was a SUV, you don't know that by reading the article. I thought the same thing - packed in like sardines. Anyway may the little girl RIP and prayers to her family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Nick (Nov '08) Tue Paula 4
Judge Andrew Crecca (Dec '10) Mar 27 freedom 48
News Police: Man Arrested for Reckless Endangerment ... (Feb '11) Mar 26 You are a Douchebag 6
News 4 Levittown brothers accused in $70-million coi... (Nov '08) Mar 26 John 428
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Mar 25 miss_easyi69 47
Joseph Nicols D.D. S. *** STAY CLEAR OF HIM *** (Jul '09) Mar 25 Ms Audrey J 25
The aging Rebel the man freaks that date and su... (Jul '10) Mar 24 Kara 49

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages