Woman robbed at gunpoint -

Full story: Newsday

Nicole Hamilton was staring down the barrel of a rifle early yesterday morning, her boyfriend beside her and 11-year-old daughter sleeping in a bedroom a few feet away.
Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Millenium Hell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 16, 2007
 
bigmouth wrote:
i have been a resident of this nightmare community for long enough. Let us out. The government who tricked us into their experiment should pay us to leave. we have been through enough. i have written endless letters and made endless petitions but not one person answered. The Huntington Housing Authority who is suppossedlyresponsible for these renters refuses to kick the undesired people out. They say the renters have squatters rights!! what??? what about my civil right to aquire safe housing. Sounds like a good lawsuit to me, anyone else in?
We as homeowners have been fighting this battle since we moved in-finally a security meeting! please i will believe in new security measures when they are finally up. I dont believe in politicians blowing smoke up my *&# anymore-put your money where your bigmouths are!
We have cival rights here? I thought it was our cival right to be harrassed constantly. Lawsuit lets go
The Truth Renter Style

East Setauket, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 17, 2007
 
I am a renter who lives in Millennium Hills, and I resent the fact that you THINK that all renters are the cause the problem. In the first place the town did not want affordable housing period (that includes the homeowners). I would like to inform you because you do not sound well informed that NOT all renters are on section 8. I am close friend with some homeowners and I know for a FACT that they are only paying $50 to $100 more for their mortgage then I pay for my rent every month. No matter where you buy a house you never know the kind of neighbor you are going to have living next to you pedophiles, serial killers, or drug dealers. I live on Paumonauk Hills Ct and all my neighbors are hard working people who take care of home and their families.

It really bothers me that you are alienating all of the hard working family who happen to be renters. If there are people who are breaking the law and making it difficult for good families to live in peace, we need to come together as a community to get these people out. Donít let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch.
Oh NO Not Again

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 17, 2007
 
formerlysingle mom wrote:
"Everybody knows my situation. I'm a single mother, I don't have a job, I don't have any money. Why would anybody rob me?" she said, standing outside her apartment in Millennium Mills, an affordable-housing complex of low-slung, beige-colored attached units.
This is riduculus I was a single mother and guess what I worked and recived no public assistance EVER. I paid for my health insurance and went back to work when my son was 4 weeks old. What is wrong with this country when we encourage people to have children and then be irresposible and stay home with no source of income?? People need to be held accountable giving them "free" housing is not the way.
This type of housing should go to people making a better life for themselves, people who work, anyone can get at least a minimum wage job.
She feels she wasn't targeted? Who wold want to rob her then unless they knew she had a safe with $300 cash in it where does an unemplyed person get that kind of money to keep in the house anyhow? This sound pretty fishy to me.
Never mind the $300, where did she get the money for a safe? For someone with no money or job, you have to wonder what she needed a safe for?
MH Resident

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 18, 2007
 
The Truth Renter Style wrote:
I am a renter who lives in Millennium Hills, and I resent the fact that you THINK that all renters are the cause the problem. In the first place the town did not want affordable housing period (that includes the homeowners). I would like to inform you because you do not sound well informed that NOT all renters are on section 8. I am close friend with some homeowners and I know for a FACT that they are only paying $50 to $100 more for their mortgage then I pay for my rent every month. No matter where you buy a house you never know the kind of neighbor you are going to have living next to you pedophiles, serial killers, or drug dealers. I live on Paumonauk Hills Ct and all my neighbors are hard working people who take care of home and their families.
It really bothers me that you are alienating all of the hard working family who happen to be renters. If there are people who are breaking the law and making it difficult for good families to live in peace, we need to come together as a community to get these people out. Donít let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch.
I agree that we should not let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch. Thank you for the reality check.

However, most of the illegal activities observed in our community occur at renter units and this is where the generalization is coming from. In no way do I feel that the entire community of renters are conducting illegal activities. I think it is important to remember this.
Ben P

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 21, 2007
 
"The Truth wrote:
This incident occurred in Millennium Hills community in Melville, NY. This is no surprise to any of us residents, because we are constantly in fear for our lives. Most of us home owners come from good neighborhoods. We purchased these homes because they were an opportunity for us to stay on Long Island instead of moving to another state due to increase in real estate prices. However, home owners were deceived by Huntington Housing Authority and other investors when we purchased these homes, declaring that it was a great neighborhood. They neglected to inform us that we would be living with welfare renters who would put our lives in danger. Later on, the home owner found out that this community was an experiment for politicians and investors to see if hard working citizens can live with people on welfare. Now we are forced to be exposed to gunshots, used drug needles and drug bags on the streets, drug dealings, racial and threatening slurs from renters, robberies, indecent exposures. This was not what the homeowners bargained for, we would have never purchased these homes if we had knowledge of the truth. Melville, once being a safe neighborhood had now become a place where you fear walking around. If something is not done, the real estate value in Melville WILL go down.
Itís sad to say, but this person is right. The reputation of the Melville has been going down. As an investor, I am currently in the market to purchase another home and had spoken to a real estate broker about Melville. They mentioned that the crime rate in Melville has gone up about 40% and the property value has been going down for Melville. "

Way to validat your own viewpoint by pretending you are someone else. At the very least you should remember to change your screen name!
As to the story itself, I agree with what you wrote the first time.
bimbo alert

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 22, 2007
 
rob wrote:
what the hell does she need a safe for if she's unemployed?
And isnt a virtuous woman supposed to fear rape before death? hahaha
Jason

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Nov 26, 2008
 
Wow, many of you live in discontent. Email me if you want to sell your home.. I've been interested in this community since 2003. dmbwarehouse04@aim.com
Why Not

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

One middle aged woman.
Three daughters.
One duaghter has two kids.
Not one job between them.
They have JumpStart. So they have cars and insurance.
They are on section 8.No rent to pay.
They are on welfare. No food to buy.
Medicaid. No Dr. bills.
One daughter moved out to be closer to college. They labeled her "Miss Too Good For This".

Now the funny part.

I sit and hear this teenage girl with a baby swinging from each hip saying:

"No one helps me care for my kids, I do everything by myself!"

Three grown women with no jobs, on welfare, drinking beer on the front porch on a Monday afternoon complaining that no one helps them and how their sister is concieted because she wants to go to school.

Get ready for the welfare state of all time.
Why Not

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Nov 30, 2008
 
rob wrote:
what the hell does she need a safe for if she's unemployed?
I quit my job, and and looking for another one, chewing on my savings now. Should I get rid of my safe? Unemployed people are not allowed to own safes?
How quick they forget

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 23, 2009
 
The home owners vs. renters. The home owners were renters their entire lives prior to "being fooled" into purchasing a unit at less than a third of the then market value. They all had their own private attorneys and signed the documents.

How very hypocritical to paint the renters, me, with a broad brush. In speaking to some of the hypocrits, I am shocked at their "eliteism" get a grip, be part of the solution and understand what you are saying before you say it.

I think I will move out to get away from you!
curious

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Nov 24, 2009
 
It's Nearly December of 2009. Is this community still experiencing the same problems with crime that it was (seemingly) in 2007/08?
curious

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Dec 30, 2009
 
still would like to know if this community is still experiencing the same problems with crime that it was last year. please someone reply to this.
Paul

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 3, 2010
 
and the town of Huntington still wants to move forward with Matinecock Court, which will be a mirror this this community.

Owners of Millenium Hills, please go to www.stopMC.com and protest with us on Pulaski and Elwood. Please make your voices heard
curious

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 23, 2010
 
would still like an answer to my question above... is this community still having problems? I've been in there a few times... looks like a mixed community but doesn't look outrageously bad or anything... kids playing in the street, no visable problems or drugs or anything like that.
Aquafina

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jul 1, 2010
 
Did anyone answer. I am thinking of buying by white post farms. that area of melvile. Is that a good area?
curious

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jul 1, 2010
 
its not the area that is the problem... its actually a good area overall with a great school district... its just that one community that was supposed to be bad. i heard they got the problem out though so whats the story?
owner at Millennium Hills

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 1, 2010
 
Hi Curious,

Hud told me that the renters have entitlement. They have to break certain rules set up by the government in order to be evicted. I belive there were 5 evictions that took 4 years of documentation by the authorities to enforce eviction.

Two cameras are set up in the community and I did see an undercover police man here today. It just takes time to build a community when you move in 80 families in one day. It is helpful for Matinecock to have some form of requirement of who is to rent. You don't want people who are being evicted form somewhere else to just get a ticket in. Owners have to show financial resposibility. Yes, we are affordable housing and there is some grant money in the package, but we paid a fair price and many of us put down a life savings to buy.

Halloween went well yesterday. Yes, most of the tricker treaters were from the rental units because they are more established families. Everyone who knocked on my door was pleasant and thankful and wished me a happy Halloween.

Matinecock , affordable housing is the future for Long Island to give the young people an opportuinty to stay on Long Island and provide housing for many. After 5 years of living here I see a change for the better. Hud did their job of proper maintenance of their units, the police have been great whenever needed, I see the fire department come in to help.

Life is not perfect. It takes time for people to build and it takes time to build lives.
christian

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Mar 12, 2013
 
hi im preparing to buy a unit from my uncle wondering if any of the home owners can help me by telling me how they went about the loan process and numbers and stuff thanks alot : )

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••