created by: Top Mod2 | Sep 13, 2010

New York

3,606 votes

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
12,621 - 12,640 of 16,777 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 23
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous - but have it your way - as an "investment," <snicker>, it's generated $20 billion in LOSSES - and in the real world, architects of "investments" like that GET FIRED.
Which is exactly what we're going to do with the architect of this "investment next week.
Thanks for supplying the pitchforks and torches - they'll be put to good use, beleive me.
The investment has netted over a million jobs, and a HUGE number of tax dollars.

If you can't see that, you're a republican.
Pol Pot Obama

Warren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
GM's creditors had rights under our bankruptcy laws - that's why we have bankruptcy laws.
Obama subverted the bankruptcy statutes with Taxpayers' money, jumping his political croneys - UAW Bosses - ahead of other creditors with superior rights.
WRONG
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>OH I thought that EVERY CO. that is listed on the stock market and had a co. run Retirement system had to have at lease ten years of benefits on hand?
Isn't that what you said?
Well seeing that almost every auto CO owed the U.A.W. retirement fund money because they were underfunded by a long shot.
The UAW and the auto co.s agreed that the UAW take some of what was owed to them in stock and the div. from this stock would help pay for the retirement fund.
That is why they were put ahead of the stock holders,
I thought you knew all about accounting.
Creditors get paid first then the stock holders and the UAW was a creditor by contract.
Have a nice day
Exactly what I said - the deal made with the UAW you describe screwed other creditors who stood AHEAD of the UAW.

The Obama bailout of GM was designed to subvert the normal operation of US bankruptcy laws, to jump his political friends and conies ahead of other GM creditors in feasting on taxpayer bailout money.

This is stone FACT - only a partisan hack thinking he had an audience of credulous fools would even try to spin it any other way.
Romney Ryan 2012

Cicero, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Did he? Obama was in the situation room when Osama was killed. The only people Obama killed were the 4 Americans he watched murdered in Libya.
DenancyeSteak wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama killed him.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

DenancyeSteak wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? So, you think that it would've made more sense to stick the money in a bank than to save thousands of American jobs?
Hey, Einstein...how much money do think the government would have lost had those jobs not been saved? How many millions would have been paid out in unemployment benefits?
Four years after the auto bailout, there are 1.45 million people who are working as a direct result of the $80 billion bailout, according to the nonpartisan Center for Automotive Research, both at the carmakers and associated businesses downstream in the economy. How many tax dollars and purchases do you think that these people pump into the economy every year... I guarantee that its thousands of times what your sad little 7% investment would have been.
Teabaggers should have their own vision plan, since they're all shortsighted.
The apocalyptic scenario of GM and all its suppliers suddenly vanishing overnight upon which all this propaganda rests is a total FAIRY TALE.

Under a structured bankruptcy, GM would have kept right on operating, as would all its suppliers, while the copany was re-organized, unproductive assets shed, and non-competitive & wholly unsustainable legacy UAW labor contracts cancelled and re-negotiated.

This is exactly what Ford did - with no taxpayer bailout money required.

This whole myth of massive job losses is a myth - a scary ghost story concocted to give political cover to Obama's Crony Democracy and rip-off of the American Taxpayer.

US Citizen

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

To Obama is losing....You have great facts listed in your previous comment. Keep those facts going. The liberals on this thread need to read it over a few times to let it sink in. I think they are afraid of losing their entitlements.

I copied and pasted your comments in microsoft word, so I will have it for future reference. Your efforts were not in vain.
Thank you for speaking the TRUTH!
Pol Pot Obama

Warren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

I'm not going to debate every single thing Obama has done or hasn't done.

1.The bottom line...over the last 4 years Obama has created an "atmosphere of uncertainty"...that's why no one is creating jobs, that's why the GNP is so low, that's why foreign leaders laugh at him and never take him seriously.

2.GNP less then 2% a year. Their's your proof the stimulus package was a complete failure.The GNP tells the entire story.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

DenancyeSteak wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? So, you think that it would've made more sense to stick the money in a bank than to save thousands of American jobs?
Hey, Einstein...how much money do think the government would have lost had those jobs not been saved? How many millions would have been paid out in unemployment benefits?
Four years after the auto bailout, there are 1.45 million people who are working as a direct result of the $80 billion bailout, according to the nonpartisan Center for Automotive Research, both at the carmakers and associated businesses downstream in the economy. How many tax dollars and purchases do you think that these people pump into the economy every year... I guarantee that its thousands of times what your sad little 7% investment would have been.
Teabaggers should have their own vision plan, since they're all shortsighted.
You can't even keep straight whether you're blathering about Medicare or the GM bailout.
Pol Pot Obama

Warren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh!t.
Obama's Treasury Dept is still sitting on 500 million shares of GM stock purchased with Taxpayers' money at $53/sh
GM's trading today at $23.28/sh
That means taxpayers are our $15 billion in losses on GM stock; if Treasury were to dump its holding, it would collapse the GM share price, and boost taxpayer losses on the GM bailout, even further.
You were saying?
Teddy is absolutely right. people that held shares of GM stock got screwed.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

DenancyeSteak wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama killed him.
No - DEVGRU heroes killed him.

Obama was playing golf.
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Pol Pot Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG
Wow!!!! What an argument!

"Wrong"...how forcefully eloquent! I must've taken you hours to develop that little gem.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text> AND that is why they have to take the SS system back off budget and pay it back every cent the gov. has taken from it.
Every Pres. has used the excess from the SS system to bal. the budget since LBJ.
So every cent that was collected and wasn't paid out in ben. was used to bal. the budget and was to be backed up with int. from Tres. bonds.
They did this to help pay for Viet. war, the same as FDR used it for WWII [ but they paid that back and haven't even thought about paying back every cent from LBJ on]
The SS system should have TRILLIONS of dollars in it and should be getting paid int. on that money.
It should never have been used to bal. the budget.
Have a nice afternoon
I agree with you 100%.
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Pol Pot Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy is absolutely right. people that held shares of GM stock got screwed.
They should've...it's called risk in the free market; you know, that thing that you capitalists love so much.

What is it that you always say..."take care of yourself,'cause I shouldn't have to".
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even keep straight whether you're blathering about Medicare or the GM bailout.
That's because - unlike yourself - I can hold more than one idea in my head at once.
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was playing golf.
Sorry, Obama succeeded where your boy Bush failed.

You have to live with that, and you don't like it one little bit.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Pol Pot Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG
Wrong how? Specify, please.
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was playing golf.
Sorry, but if you're going to hold Obama responsible as Commander-in-Chief, you have to give him credt, as well.

It's a double-edged sword.
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
The apocalyptic scenario of GM and all its suppliers suddenly vanishing overnight upon which all this propaganda rests is a total FAIRY TALE.
Under a structured bankruptcy, GM would have kept right on operating, as would all its suppliers, while the copany was re-organized, unproductive assets shed, and non-competitive & wholly unsustainable legacy UAW labor contracts cancelled and re-negotiated.
This is exactly what Ford did - with no taxpayer bailout money required.
This whole myth of massive job losses is a myth - a scary ghost story concocted to give political cover to Obama's Crony Democracy and rip-off of the American Taxpayer.
Make all the excuses you want. GM and Chrysler are successful employers today because of the bailout, and nobody knows what would have happend without it.

Sorry.
DenancyeSteak

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Pol Pot Obama wrote:
I'm not going to debate every single thing Obama has done or hasn't done.
1.The bottom line...over the last 4 years Obama has created an "atmosphere of uncertainty"...that's why no one is creating jobs, that's why the GNP is so low, that's why foreign leaders laugh at him and never take him seriously.
2.GNP less then 2% a year. Their's your proof the stimulus package was a complete failure.The GNP tells the entire story.
I understand you're not wanting to debate every issue; a good man always knows his limitations.
Fidel Obama Castro

Warren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

DenancyeSteak wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!!! What an argument!
"Wrong"...how forcefully eloquent! I must've taken you hours to develop that little gem.
must've what kind of word is "must've"?

Once again...appears you flunked your college entrance exams.
no other explanation...you "Must've".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Melville News Video

•••
Melville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••