created by: Top Mod2 | Sep 13, 2010

New York

3,665 votes

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#13755 Oct 25, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Just to clear up something.
Yes the money that was invested was taxed and does NOT get taxed again, the div. that money brings in are taxed and it the stock goes up ONLY the amount the stock increased is income and gets taxed.
The Money he invested does NOT get taxed again.
I don't know if you have somebody do your taxes for you , IF you do then ask them.
Have a nice night
Wrong.

Earnings are taxed once at the corporate level, when the company is taxed on its earnings.

Then distributions of those earnings to shareholders are taxed A SECOND TIME as dividend income.

If the earnings are retained by the company and not distributed, increasing share value, the shareholder who sells shares is taxed A SECOND TIME on the resulting capital gain.

Either way, investment income IS TAXED TWICE, once at the corporate level and again at the individual shareholder level.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13756 Oct 25, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Jim says he is a millionare and has a lot of money invested in stocks and does " day trading" I would have thought he would know the money he paid for the stock is not taxed anain when he sells a stock at a higher price than he paid for it .
He only pays taxes on the diff. between what he paid for the stock and what he sells it for and tax on any div. he gets when he owns the stock.
See he is so stupid he doesn't understand that the div. and the money he makes from the sale of his stock over and above what he paid for it is new income and that is all that gets taxed, NOT the money he paid for the stock in the first place, He really should talk to his tax guy.
Wouldn't you think a MILLIONARE like him that trades in stocks day in and day out would know this?
Have a nice night
H&R Blockhead
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#13757 Oct 25, 2012
Northwoods Ponytailed Hippie Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the difference fool,they don't go around war mongering like Romney does.Says he supported nam but never went.Same with gulf wars,where were his big strapping boys,he supported the wars,just didn't want his baby boys fignting them,that's for the 47% to do.
Right.

No - Obama and Biden just kill US boys in Afghanistan. 1500 dead American kids in Afghanistan under Obama's command - QUADRUPLING the body count under Bush.

Provide the verbatim quotes of Romney's "warmongering," with sources cited. I say you're a lying azzwhole.

Cite any post, by Topix post number, in which I have expressed anything but gratitude and the highest respect for the US military - because again I say you're a yellow-bellied lying azzwhole.

Finally, my military service record is none of your business, and irrelevant. It's been my experience that those - like you ya yellow skunk - that constantly blather on about their military service - never in fact served, or they'd display some concept of honor.

You're dismissed, punk.
red

Utica, NY

#13758 Oct 25, 2012
yes.
really

Burbank, CA

#13763 Oct 26, 2012
well on the heels of Romney supporting a candidate who says "Rape is gods plan" now he has one of his top advisors saying Colin Powell is a racist and will only vote black.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/26/john...

More evidence that the Romney staff....the worst decision making team ever.
really

Burbank, CA

#13764 Oct 26, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Elect Romney and keep filling Congress with TEA Party-backed candidates across the board in 2 weeks you'll see exactly how easily & quickly it can be done.
Otherwise, you're just helping bury the once-greatest nation on earth.
You do agree everything in the U,S. Budget should be open to cuts? Great news - I applaud you for it as a patriot.
Now go prove it - put your votes where your mouth is. Throw the Big-Government statists out of Washington.
Oh youre a teabagger. That makes all your insane views make sense now. You're part of the cult thats controlled by billionare counting on you to be dumb and believe lies. Now I can even more count off everything you say as invalid.
need a man

Buffalo, NY

#13765 Oct 26, 2012
Romney is dreamy
Ben Gleck

United States

#13766 Oct 26, 2012
Obama still smokes weed.
Neoconsuk

Garner, NC

#13767 Oct 26, 2012
lou ferraro wrote:
f n muslims do nothing but lie. lie all the time and then turn to the satan mohmmed, who molested kids, for salvation. Come on you stupid people, wake up. Muslims ruin the world. Anybody know a 'successful, business muslim' that helps forward the cause of humans and standard of living? Me don't mohammeds......have fun on january 1, when you all claim your birthdays are when you come to the US. Stop coming here
Decided to go for that 2nd box of wine, huh? Don't forget...you've got to get up and work on that GED later.
BEANS BURRITTO

Rome, NY

#13768 Oct 26, 2012
VOTE OBAMA OUT
Bubba

Saint Johnsville, NY

#13769 Oct 26, 2012
US Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy alert: Obama used tax loopholes in 2011 to lower his tax bill
posted at 10:48 am on April 14, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
How sincere was the president when he complained that the current system is so unfair that he, a rich guy, gets to “keep hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional income” while other parents struggle to send their kids to college? Suffice it to say that he wasn’t sufficiently bothered to resist helping himself to a loophole in the tax code that decreased his taxable income in 2011 by nearly $50,000. The Washington Free Beacon reports:
President Obama and his wife, Michele, gave a total of $48,000 in tax-free gifts to their daughters, according to tax records made public on Friday.
The president and his wife separately gave each daughter a $12,000 gift under a section of the federal tax code that exempts such donations from federal taxes.
it was a yes or no question , thanks for a Romney answer .
GetReal

United States

#13770 Oct 26, 2012
How is Romney going to handle Putin when he crumbles under pressure ala the third debate?
GetReal

United States

#13771 Oct 26, 2012
Seriously..he looker like Obamas bitch during the third debate.
Really

Cicero, NY

#13772 Oct 26, 2012
Romney will whisper sweet nothings in Putin's ear like Obama did. LOL

Obama caved like a little girl to Putin, Romney is a man that will hold his own. Get with reality, Obama is a puppet who can't even stand up to his wife let alone a world leader.
Obama is weak, Obama is dumb, Obama is going home to his terroist friends in Chicago soon.
GetReal wrote:
How is Romney going to handle Putin when he crumbles under pressure ala the third debate?
Really

Cicero, NY

#13773 Oct 26, 2012
Isn't it Obama who BOWED down to the leaders of other countries? That is the sign of weakness tha the world leaders laughed at.

Romney will not be bwoing down to anybody!
ReginalTheBone

Schenectady, NY

#13774 Oct 26, 2012
Romney bent over an dropped his pants for Obama during the third debate.

I was disgusted.
Neoconsuk

Grimesland, NC

#13775 Oct 26, 2012
Really wrote:
Isn't it Obama who BOWED down to the leaders of other countries? That is the sign of weakness tha the world leaders laughed at.
Romney will not be bwoing down to anybody!
Except to Goldman/Sachs, Citigroup, BOA, etc.
LadyLawyer

Schenectady, NY

#13776 Oct 26, 2012
Romney agreed with so many of Obama's positons during the last debate, I though that Obama might pick him for his running mate.
LadyLawyer

Schenectady, NY

#13777 Oct 26, 2012
Romney was sweating like he was waiting for test results.
Hitchcock223

Schenectady, NY

#13778 Oct 26, 2012
LMAO...I like that "test results" quip!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 53 min Alex 6,428
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 3 hr Sambee 1,628
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 23 hr Bruser 2,287
Lynbrook PD: Prostitution Arrests at Capri, Ide... (Feb '13) Sun Worried 6
Huntington parking lot to get environmental imp... Sun Tom 2
Cops: Wedding Band, Watches Stolen from Lifetim... (Sep '13) Sat DUB STEP 2
Review: Bella Fence Company (Sep '13) Sep 13 Judy 9
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••