created by: Top Mod2 | Sep 13, 2010

New York

3,611 votes

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
11,801 - 11,820 of 16,778 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
Smokin Joe

Bellmore, NY

#13437 Oct 23, 2012
Smokin Joe wrote:
Mitt apparently had no binders on foreign policy
Ryan doesn't understand the bayonet comment. Says it doesn't make sense to compare bayonets to battleships. Uh Mr. Ryan, we don't use battleships anymore either.
US Citizen

Gouverneur, NY

#13438 Oct 23, 2012
Big Bird wrote:
The only news thats RIGHT is fox news.
They can spin the lie like theres no tomorrow.
Two others and I know there are more....on the internet...newsmax.com heritage.com also 92.7 on the radio.
These places will tell the truth.
Romney Ryn 2012

Cicero, NY

#13439 Oct 23, 2012
Romney is now oer 50% in the Rasmussen poll. Obama is gone and he knows it.
Big Bird

Cicero, NY

#13440 Oct 23, 2012
President Romney makes Obama look like a blithering idiot in debate 3. The election has been and is over. Obama is GONE!!!
Smokin Joe

Hicksville, NY

#13441 Oct 23, 2012
US Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, too, believe the liberal media. Get some real facts on some of the more conservative TV and radio stations and on the internet. Obama has to make up lies about Romney, because he has nowhere else to go. He certainly can't go on a good record for the last four years.
This reminds me of a study into the development of morals in children.

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2012/10/03/t...

In one experiment, they offered some young children a choice:

You get a candy and your friend gets a candy, OR
You get two candies and your friend gets 3

Most adults choose 2, because you get more candy. But most children choose 1 because they're willing to sacrifice the extra candy to make sure the other person doesn't get more than them. There were other variants on this experiment to confirm this.

I've often felt that the "if I can't have it, no-one can" attitude amongst many hard-line Republicans is very much like this. They're like children with an underdeveloped moral compass.
Big Bird

Cicero, NY

#13442 Oct 23, 2012
President Romney wins CBS focus group!
Big Bird

Cicero, NY

#13443 Oct 23, 2012
Facing a Mitt Romney surge in North Carolina polls, Team Obama is poised to pull back forces in the state that hosted the Democratic National Convention and Democratic advisors suggest that Virginia may be next to fall.
Big Bird

Cicero, NY

#13444 Oct 23, 2012
Will Obama even be able to carry New York?
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#13445 Oct 23, 2012
Smokin Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan doesn't understand the bayonet comment. Says it doesn't make sense to compare bayonets to battleships. Uh Mr. Ryan, we don't use battleships anymore either.
i'm still laughing:

"Obama has the best line of the night so far, on this, saying to Romney: "You mention the Navy, and the fact that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets. We have these things called aircraft carriers and planes land on them. We have ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines. It's not a game of Battleship, where we're counting ships. It's 'What are our priorities?"

----------
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#13446 Oct 23, 2012
Smokin Joe wrote:
Obama looks intimidating when Romney talks but Romney looks like he's staring at a child licking an ice cream cone and also has to poop
i thought he looked like he was going to cry....and start banging his fists.
YOU ARE RIGHT

Monroe, NC

#13447 Oct 23, 2012
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Obama was looking like the kid who gets abused during school lunch.
Big Bird

Cicero, NY

#13448 Oct 23, 2012
Yea, Obama had all the insults and the independent voters noticed and were turned off by the Obama rudeness.

Romney played rope a DOPE and the DOPE was Obama.
MSNBC STAYS CLASSY

Monroe, NC

#13449 Oct 23, 2012
If you ever wanted a glimpse into potentially just how rabidly left-of-center your average MSNBC viewer is, you had an opportunity this morning during the “What have we learned today?” segment on “Morning Joe.”

As the Tuesday broadcast of “Morning Joe” was wrapping up, co-host Mika Brzezinski introduced viewers to 9-year-old Annabelle

“I have Annabelle,” Brzezinski said.“She is nine and a half. She has four brothers so she kind of feels my pain this morning. But Annabelle, who do you think should win the election, Annabelle?”

Annabelle replied,“Mitt Romney,” which was met with a chorus of boos on the show’s live set at Racks Downtown Eatery and Tavern in Boca Raton, Fla.’s Mizner Park.

“Booing a 9-year-old girl?” co-host Willie Geist said.“Clean it up.”

“Booing a 9-year-old girl, a lot of these people must have come down from Philly or something,” Time magazine’s Joe Klein added.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/23/msnbc-audie...
old time citizen

Albion, NY

#13450 Oct 23, 2012
I simply annot understand why all this talk of "who won" the debate. It doesn't matter at all who wins. In the end, the people aren't being represented in the way we want to be represented. Its like they have a deaf ear to the American people.WE GET SCREWED in the end every time.

AK anyone on the streets of America if given the choice in whether they wantt be in debt to CHINA.

The answer will ultimately be NO, in every response.

I watched the news last night. MANY people didn't take the time out of thier lives to listen to the debate, because they are so sick and tired of being screwed over. YADA YADA YADA...same old politics selling out the American People.

So stop already..saying who won and who didn't.

The people aren't winning.

The people get screwed.

Want to Change America?

STOP BUYING IPHONES AND SEND THE MESSAGE TO CHINA WE DON'T WNAT TO BUY THIER JUNK, ANDWE WON'T PATRONISE AMERICAN COMPANIES WHO SELL OUT AMERICAN WORKERS.

THEN you will see change.

Well

Mechanicville, NY

#13451 Oct 23, 2012
Smokin Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me of a study into the development of morals in children.
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2012/10/03/t...
In one experiment, they offered some young children a choice:
You get a candy and your friend gets a candy, OR
You get two candies and your friend gets 3
Most adults choose 2, because you get more candy. But most children choose 1 because they're willing to sacrifice the extra candy to make sure the other person doesn't get more than them. There were other variants on this experiment to confirm this.
I've often felt that the "if I can't have it, no-one can" attitude amongst many hard-line Republicans is very much like this. They're like children with an underdeveloped moral compass.
So, let me get this straight...the Republicans are the people saying everyone should get the same amount of candy?

Wha..huh?

Put the crack down.
Old Timer 2

Cicero, NY

#13453 Oct 23, 2012
The only thing wrong with your idea is that we cannot afford to buy American.
old time citizen wrote:
I simply annot understand why all this talk of "who won" the debate. It doesn't matter at all who wins. In the end, the people aren't being represented in the way we want to be represented. Its like they have a deaf ear to the American people.WE GET SCREWED in the end every time.
AK anyone on the streets of America if given the choice in whether they wantt be in debt to CHINA.
The answer will ultimately be NO, in every response.
I watched the news last night. MANY people didn't take the time out of thier lives to listen to the debate, because they are so sick and tired of being screwed over. YADA YADA YADA...same old politics selling out the American People.
So stop already..saying who won and who didn't.
The people aren't winning.
The people get screwed.
Want to Change America?
STOP BUYING IPHONES AND SEND THE MESSAGE TO CHINA WE DON'T WNAT TO BUY THIER JUNK, ANDWE WON'T PATRONISE AMERICAN COMPANIES WHO SELL OUT AMERICAN WORKERS.
THEN you will see change.
Bubba

Fort Plain, NY

#13454 Oct 23, 2012
US Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, too, believe the liberal media. Get some real facts on some of the more conservative TV and radio stations and on the internet. Obama has to make up lies about Romney, because he has nowhere else to go. He certainly can't go on a good record for the last four years.
go to google type in sensata technologies bain and see whats there , you Romney people all want real facts as given by Fox news , your better of watching the daily show and the colbert report ...
Bubba

Fort Plain, NY

#13456 Oct 23, 2012
Smokin Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney said that Syria is Iran's "route to the sea." The fact is Iran is not land locked and it even doesn't even have a border with Syria.

and if Obama had said that , fox news would have had an orgasim ..
GIR

Richville, NY

#13458 Oct 23, 2012
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama stares at him like a like a cat at an empty window or a greedy child waiting for his sweets. His proffessionaly trained stare didn't impress me. Like Romney said to Obama - going after me is not debating the true issues - and it was true. Obama speaks like we didn't know he is behind the mess we have been in for four years and the real president was behind the curtain waiting to come out after they duked it out for his job. Romney played well and Obama like a schoolboy bulley. Obama was in the same position Romney was in 4 years ago with limitetd access to inside information, intelligence and opportunities like Obama. I would expect Obama to have more intelligence on the world issue - he has lived it for 4 years. Romney has done his due diligence very well and held is own. Obama merely quoted what his party told him to say and his confidence shows ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know. That is Obama last night. Cocky because he is being beat by Romney. Romney / Ryann 2012 - lets bring back the ole USA to what is was and not what Obama wants it to be.
US Citizen

Gouverneur, NY

#13460 Oct 23, 2012
GIR wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama stares at him like a like a cat at an empty window or a greedy child waiting for his sweets. His proffessionaly trained stare didn't impress me. Like Romney said to Obama - going after me is not debating the true issues - and it was true. Obama speaks like we didn't know he is behind the mess we have been in for four years and the real president was behind the curtain waiting to come out after they duked it out for his job. Romney played well and Obama like a schoolboy bulley. Obama was in the same position Romney was in 4 years ago with limitetd access to inside information, intelligence and opportunities like Obama. I would expect Obama to have more intelligence on the world issue - he has lived it for 4 years. Romney has done his due diligence very well and held is own. Obama merely quoted what his party told him to say and his confidence shows ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know. That is Obama last night. Cocky because he is being beat by Romney. Romney / Ryann 2012 - lets bring back the ole USA to what is was and not what Obama wants it to be.
You are RIGHT ON!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 7 hr Sambee 1,604
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 19 hr Bruser 7,872
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Women's Fund of LI to Honor Four Long Island Women Wed WFLI 1
Why is Lindenhurst such a Ghetto? (Mar '10) Aug 25 I Hate Syracuse 682
American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug 11 Alice Broadhurst 40
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••