New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,670 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

JesseSharptonWri ght

Lakewood, NJ

#13243 Oct 21, 2012
RomneyAreSmelly wrote:
Reoublicans just need a puppet and Romney fits. They have have their hands so far up his rear and that's why they call him Mitt.
You must be another fake Carnegie Mellon dropout; I see your "Reoublicans" are in need of a puppet to worship... maybe they can hire the magic hopey-changey one who will be selling ACORN fantasies on the streets of Chicago in January. In the meantime, please change your depends; they have "Obama" written all over them.
JesseSharptonWri ght

Lakewood, NJ

#13244 Oct 21, 2012
Whining Repukes wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful there, Bubba...ya don't wanna strain that inbred brain with those three dollar words......
inbred SCHMUCK !
Poor little dropout. Pray to Obama for a magic special ed. diploma.
Indy

Denver, CO

#13245 Oct 21, 2012

Big Bird Harassing Michelle Obama

LoL!!!!
TruthBTold

Freeport, NY

#13246 Oct 21, 2012
I'm not sure who I am more afraid of being elected.

Obama keeps talking about equal pay for women, but it seems to be mostly for black women.

WHITE WOMEN REALLY HAVE NO ONE WHO IS ON FIRE FOR THEIR RIGHTS AND WELL BEING.
really

Burbank, CA

#13247 Oct 21, 2012
JesseSharptonWright wrote:
<quoted text> I knew you had to be an inexperienced neophyte. Other than that, Carnegie Mellon would never graduate anyone who did not know the difference between "whos" (which isn't even a word)... between "whose" and "who's". And if you expect me to believe that you are "employed" in a "high position" with "older folks" who habitually use the word, "dude", you really ARE insane. Now pray to Obama for high surf and sunshine and glitter for your hair. LOL
Thats great. Believe what you wish. Don't be sad that someone my age is farther along in life that you are. And despite all your ad hominoms,

Sorry dude, the numbers haven't changed. Romney wants to add 7 trillion in spending, obama wants to cut 5 trillion.
NY Maniac

Gouverneur, NY

#13248 Oct 21, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
NO. WRONG.
Every dollar spent by the federal government from 12:00 noon on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 onward was spent under Obama's signature.
Your whole "budget" and "appropriations" line of argument is a transparent dodge.
Spending appropriations merely authorize spending - they don't REQUIRE it.
Obama could have trimmed federal spending by 5% or 10% across the board by Executive Order his first day in office. He didn't.
Obama - and no one else - is responsible for every dime of federal SPENDING since 20th Jan 2009.
Bush and the DEMOCRATIC Pelosi-Reid 110th Congress are responsible for FY2009 BUDGET.
At least we had one then ... and haven't since ...
Isn't that interesting how you (correctly) state that 'Bush and the ...Congress are responsible...". Since actual spending is done by the House of Representatives. But when you refer to the current administration's spending it's "Obama - and no one else".
JesseSharptonWri ght

Lakewood, NJ

#13249 Oct 21, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats great. Believe what you wish. Don't be sad that someone my age is farther along in life that you are. And despite all your ad hominoms,
Sorry dude, the numbers haven't changed. Romney wants to add 7 trillion in spending, obama wants to cut 5 trillion.
Pray to Obama for a brain transplant.
really

Burbank, CA

#13250 Oct 21, 2012
JesseSharptonWright wrote:
<quoted text> Pray to Obama for a brain transplant.
No witty retort. Sounds like I'm about right.

Also, see how your not countering the facts? That either means you can't and your a hypocrite, or your a blind follower.
really

Burbank, CA

#13251 Oct 21, 2012
TruthBTold wrote:
I'm not sure who I am more afraid of being elected.
Obama keeps talking about equal pay for women, but it seems to be mostly for black women.
WHITE WOMEN REALLY HAVE NO ONE WHO IS ON FIRE FOR THEIR RIGHTS AND WELL BEING.
Where did you get its only black women? Nothing indicates that...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#13252 Oct 21, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
NO. WRONG.
Every dollar spent by the federal government from 12:00 noon on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 onward was spent under Obama's signature.
Your whole "budget" and "appropriations" line of argument is a transparent dodge.
Spending appropriations merely authorize spending - they don't REQUIRE it.
Obama could have trimmed federal spending by 5% or 10% across the board by Executive Order his first day in office. He didn't.
Obama - and no one else - is responsible for every dime of federal SPENDING since 20th Jan 2009.
Bush and the DEMOCRATIC Pelosi-Reid 110th Congress are responsible for FY2009 BUDGET.
At least we had one then ... and haven't since ...
I think you need to do some more reading.
I was wrong I have to admit it, I went back and looked up just how the appropriations system works and I found out the appropriations are signed into law by the same Pres, that signs the budget into law , and it is signed before OCT1 for the next year.
Here is some reading that may help you understand it.
http://www.defazio.house.gov/index.php...

http://www.results.org/issues/the_federal_bud...

http://www.quora.com/U-S-Politics/How-does-th...

And you can find a lot more on the subject here
http://search.aol.com/aol/search...

As you can see that there are things that come under mandatory spending , that is about 70% of the budget and is set by law.

So Bush was responsible for most of the spending in 2009 NOT Obama.
Have a nice night
JesseSharptonWri ght

Lakewood, NJ

#13253 Oct 21, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
No witty retort. Sounds like I'm about right.
Also, see how your not countering the facts? That either means you can't and your a hypocrite, or your a blind follower.
Here are the facts:
1. You HAVE no facts or credibility = You are an Obama-worshipper in denial.
2. Carnegie Mellon Special Ed. class needs to be reminded to teach you the contraction for "you are" = you're, not the possessive = your.
3. Pray to Obama for mental health assistance before ObamaSCARE kicks in, and you no more adequate health coverage.
Questionable

Gouverneur, NY

#13254 Oct 21, 2012
TruthBTold wrote:
I'm not sure who I am more afraid of being elected.
Obama keeps talking about equal pay for women, but it seems to be mostly for black women.
WHITE WOMEN REALLY HAVE NO ONE WHO IS ON FIRE FOR THEIR RIGHTS AND WELL BEING.
Romney's stance on hiring women does need to be brought to light in the proper context. He went out of his way to go to womens' groups and different organizations to seek out qualified WOMEN appointees. Why? This tells me that his concern isn't putting EVERYONE to work, it's putting the RIGHT people to work. If he had to look through "binders of women" to find a qualified person, then it stands to reason that he passed over MORE qualified people in order to find the person that he WANTED to hire. He used affirmative action to its illogical extreme in order to promote equality! That's irony! He says he can create jobs to put everyone to work, but in its logical conclusion, he wants to put them into jobs that HE believes they're qualified for. Sounds somewhat, oh, old school Russia to me!
really

Burbank, CA

#13255 Oct 21, 2012
JesseSharptonWright wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the facts:
1. You HAVE no facts or credibility = You are an Obama-worshipper in denial.
2. Carnegie Mellon Special Ed. class needs to be reminded to teach you the contraction for "you are" = you're, not the possessive = your.
3. Pray to Obama for mental health assistance before ObamaSCARE kicks in, and you no more adequate health coverage.
Romney wants to cut taxes across the board 20% but eliminate all taxes on income for people making less than 200,000

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/tax

Thats a loss of 5 trillion in income.

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/spending

Romney only provides for cuts of 250 billion, meanwhile he is calling for an increase in military spending by 2 trillion.

thats an increase in spending of 6.75 trillion

Obama plans to cut spending by 4 trillion.

2 trillion from effects of laws already passed
590B from health initiatives to reduce redunancy spending due to obamacare
850 billion from ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
1.9 trillion from raising taxes on large income earners and large corporations while cutting loopholes

thats 4 trillion in spending cuts and tax increases, and not including the additional trillion from cutting tax incentives for job shipments over to other countries.

thats 5 trillion increase

http://www.barackobama.com/taxes...

So unless you want sources that aren't the direct campaign, those are the facts. Read them and figure it out like a good little boy, or continue being a hypocrite fool and a blind follower.
really

Burbank, CA

#13256 Oct 21, 2012
Questionable wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's stance on hiring women does need to be brought to light in the proper context. He went out of his way to go to womens' groups and different organizations to seek out qualified WOMEN appointees. Why? This tells me that his concern isn't putting EVERYONE to work, it's putting the RIGHT people to work. If he had to look through "binders of women" to find a qualified person, then it stands to reason that he passed over MORE qualified people in order to find the person that he WANTED to hire. He used affirmative action to its illogical extreme in order to promote equality! That's irony! He says he can create jobs to put everyone to work, but in its logical conclusion, he wants to put them into jobs that HE believes they're qualified for. Sounds somewhat, oh, old school Russia to me!
You know that its been shown that the binders full of women remark, wasn't only weird, but it was a lie. Both Romney and his opponent for governor in 2002 signed a pledge with MassGAP to hire the women that they put forward. Romney didn't want to do it, he was heavily forced to do it by these coalitions saying that it needed to happen and when he hired these women, he put them in positions that he didn't care about or want to deal with.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/romn...
really

Burbank, CA

#13257 Oct 21, 2012
Questionable wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's stance on hiring women does need to be brought to light in the proper context. He went out of his way to go to womens' groups and different organizations to seek out qualified WOMEN appointees. Why? This tells me that his concern isn't putting EVERYONE to work, it's putting the RIGHT people to work. If he had to look through "binders of women" to find a qualified person, then it stands to reason that he passed over MORE qualified people in order to find the person that he WANTED to hire. He used affirmative action to its illogical extreme in order to promote equality! That's irony! He says he can create jobs to put everyone to work, but in its logical conclusion, he wants to put them into jobs that HE believes they're qualified for. Sounds somewhat, oh, old school Russia to me!
Also, romney is a mormon. He states that he is devout. The mormon religion states women cannot hold positions of authority because they say women cant handle responsibility for authoritative positions. If Romney is a devout mormon he also believes this.
really

Burbank, CA

#13258 Oct 21, 2012
JesseSharptonWright wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the facts:
1. You HAVE no facts or credibility = You are an Obama-worshipper in denial.
2. Carnegie Mellon Special Ed. class needs to be reminded to teach you the contraction for "you are" = you're, not the possessive = your.
3. Pray to Obama for mental health assistance before ObamaSCARE kicks in, and you no more adequate health coverage.
so it looks like you know how to not make typos, but you are terrible with math formulas. Your second statement would be a positive = a completely different positive = a negative which would make it false.

By the way "Obama-worshipper" wouldn't have a hyphen. By giving it a hyphen you're making it a noun, which makes it inert. By removing the hyphen you would have been implying that I worship Obama. Also "and you no more adequate health coverage" is in no way proper English. So i guess you're bad with equations and grammar...
Indy

Denver, CO

#13259 Oct 21, 2012

Rumors of War III

Some of you whom are actually paying attention may find this interesting!
NY Maniac

Gouverneur, NY

#13260 Oct 21, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that its been shown that the binders full of women remark, wasn't only weird, but it was a lie. Both Romney and his opponent for governor in 2002 signed a pledge with MassGAP to hire the women that they put forward. Romney didn't want to do it, he was heavily forced to do it by these coalitions saying that it needed to happen and when he hired these women, he put them in positions that he didn't care about or want to deal with.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/romn...
I'm sure that's probably true. The whole thing sounds (sounded) contrived, and the point being that he hired people based NOT upon their merits. I think it was a HUGE loss for his women base, and he then went on to say he created flexible work hours so the women could get home in time to cook dinner! What the hell?! I don't DISlike the guy. But his integrity is suspect simply by his actions; offshore bank accounts, no (few) tax returns, statements aout women, won't disclose his detailed plans for his policies, all just seem questionable to me. I simply DON'T like that fact that he wants to be SO friendly with Israel (going to drag us into a war that isn't ours. I didn't see many Israeli soldiers in Afghanistan), "trickle down" economics, I don't know. Just not a good choice for me right now.
Indy

Denver, CO

#13261 Oct 21, 2012
&fe ature=relmfu
Rumors of War III_The Inside Story

(follow up to above movie)
really

Burbank, CA

#13262 Oct 21, 2012
Indy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_eJo5VjUp8kXX
Rumors of War III
Some of you whom are actually paying attention may find this interesting!
Sounds like tea party conspiracy to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr let the truth be ... 6,444
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 5 hr Sambee 1,657
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown 13 hr Sambee 2
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 16 hr Bruser 7,887
Anti-7-Eleven Letter Arrives at West Islip Home... (Jul '12) Sun Enough already 18
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sun Jimmy Rustle 676
FCGOA Pres Guy James SELLS-OUT 188 Securitas Of... (Apr '11) Sun anthony 2
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••