Tell Us: How Is Your Street Doing?

Feb 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Is your street clear of snow? The blizzard dumped 29 inches of snow on the Town of Huntington, including Dix Hills and Melville, on top of a layer of ice.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2013
Steve

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Live in middle island and no state or town plows came through my neighborhood. If it wasn't for the locals with plows, the roads would be impassable. Middle country road is a joke, its more of a parking lot with all the abandoned cars. Finally see some bulldozers trying to clean up the mess in front of Walmart and the Fire Department a few hrs ago. Suppose to get oil delivery Friday, then the oil company said Saturday, now it's Monday, hope I don't run out of oil since I can't even drive to the gas station to buy diseal. All in all I think suffolk county was caught with their pants down with this blizzard.
Donna

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Live in Islip and the roads are a huge mess! No plowing anywhere! So many abandoned vehicles everywhere around. I do not remember it EVER being like this more than 24 hours AFTER a snowstorm! Someone dropped the ball big time.
George

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Still no snow plows in sight.....Nesconset.....
hills

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

No plough seen anywhere in Stony Brook outside of Christian and Cedar. I thought we were prepared???? Sandy was more prepared,and that's saying something. And where does my $22k pa property tax money go???
Wen

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

No one snow plow truck today whole day in Nesconset. plowed as much as I could. There is no way I can go to work tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
Melville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••