Hit-run suspect turned hit-run victim dies -

Full story: Newsday

EAST MEADOW Hit-run suspect turned hit-run victim dies A man who police said fled after causing a car crash and then himself became the victim of a hit-and-run, died yesterday.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2009
Allie

Huntington Station, NY

#2 Nov 15, 2007
Ummmmm....where in the artical does it say he was drunk??And you have no sympathy??? The ***hole that hit him drove away and left him to die. I think you need to rethink your statement, your day might be coming up as well "dog" !
Vicki

Overland Park, KS

#3 Nov 15, 2007
Wow, talk about weird. If he hadn't left the scene of the first incident, he would not have been hit and killed. I guess there is truth in the saying "when it's your time to go you have to answer the call".
Deborah

Roslyn Heights, NY

#4 Nov 15, 2007
Let that be a lesson to ALL hit-and-run drivers.

I do hope they find the guys that hit him tho- they deseve to be punished as well.
captain america

Bronx, NY

#5 Nov 15, 2007
LOL what a dum dum
The Almighty Whitey

United States

#6 Nov 15, 2007
Deborah wrote:
I do hope they find the guys that hit him tho- they deseve to be punished as well.
Newsday wrote:
Mark Durfee succumbed at 9:15 a.m. to injuries he sustained almost two weeks ago in Melville
Newsday wrote:
A witness told police he saw two people exit the Durango, look back at Durfee, climb back in the SUV and drive away.
Looks to me like the witnesses in the Durango got the impression Mark was ok. He probably got hit, and walked off because he knew already he was guilty for driving away from a previous hit-run accident. Maybe he was hiding something? Itís a shame, who knows.
White Hills

New York, NY

#8 Nov 15, 2007
Maybe it was like in Final Destination when something was after him and had to outrun it at any cost before it got to him. But then it really did get to him. Maybe? Huh? Huh? Hello?

Since: Sep 07

Medford, NY

#9 Nov 15, 2007
Oilwell!
Ironicandtragic

East Islip, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2007
Originally I laughed at the ironic story 10 days ago. But now I fell bad for his family and his friends. There is no reporting on his relatives or his background. A very ironic but sad way to die. Actions, responsibility, and consequences seem to fit this tragic story. Thankfully the first car's driver was not injured. Hope they get the Durango hit and run criminals.
Esteeben

Gilbertsville, PA

#11 Nov 15, 2007
If this isn't justice I don't what is!!!
Clareqt

Navesink, NJ

#12 Nov 15, 2007
Instant Karma.
Vic Romano

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Nov 15, 2007
Ain't karma a b. itch?
WALLACE

Huntington Station, NY

#14 Nov 15, 2007
some people can be such idiots
Aunt D Marks mom

Barnesville, OH

#16 Nov 26, 2007
The Almighty Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Looks to me like the witnesses in the Durango got the impression Mark was ok. He probably got hit, and walked off because he knew already he was guilty for driving away from a previous hit-run accident. Maybe he was hiding something? Itís a shame, who knows.
Mark was critically injured on the spot, he was revived by the EMT who saw the accident. The GUYS that hit him didnt think he was ok...the thought he was already dead. Mark only lived for 12 days because he was strong, and that EMT < Eric Price> saved him long enough so his family could be by his side...but he succumbed to his injuries....
Sorry guys...two wrongs dont make a right here... No matter what. Mark will be missed dearly by his family... I hope these guys are found and JUSTICE is served....Mark didnt deserve to die.
devin marks friend

Ellenton, FL

#17 Sep 10, 2009
wish he could have stayed in florida, maybe it would have been different
Why Not

Amityville, NY

#18 Sep 12, 2009
Hit and run driver dies in hit and run.

Free justice, no taxpayer dollars needed.

Now to catch scumbag #2.
P long island

Bohemia, NY

#20 Nov 5, 2009
The kid got what was coming to him. He was a scum bag!! Karma baby karma!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 19 hr Carolyn 1,607
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 21 hr Bruser 7,874
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Lol 16,781
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Aug 27 Vote Zornow 6,408
Women's Fund of LI to Honor Four Long Island Women Aug 27 WFLI 1
American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug 11 Alice Broadhurst 40
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••