Hit-run suspect turned hit-run victim dies -

Full story: Newsday

EAST MEADOW Hit-run suspect turned hit-run victim dies A man who police said fled after causing a car crash and then himself became the victim of a hit-and-run, died yesterday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Allie

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Ummmmm....where in the artical does it say he was drunk??And you have no sympathy??? The ***hole that hit him drove away and left him to die. I think you need to rethink your statement, your day might be coming up as well "dog" !
Vicki

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Wow, talk about weird. If he hadn't left the scene of the first incident, he would not have been hit and killed. I guess there is truth in the saying "when it's your time to go you have to answer the call".
Deborah

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Let that be a lesson to ALL hit-and-run drivers.

I do hope they find the guys that hit him tho- they deseve to be punished as well.
captain america

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

LOL what a dum dum
The Almighty Whitey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Deborah wrote:
I do hope they find the guys that hit him tho- they deseve to be punished as well.
Newsday wrote:
Mark Durfee succumbed at 9:15 a.m. to injuries he sustained almost two weeks ago in Melville
Newsday wrote:
A witness told police he saw two people exit the Durango, look back at Durfee, climb back in the SUV and drive away.
Looks to me like the witnesses in the Durango got the impression Mark was ok. He probably got hit, and walked off because he knew already he was guilty for driving away from a previous hit-run accident. Maybe he was hiding something? Itís a shame, who knows.
White Hills

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Maybe it was like in Final Destination when something was after him and had to outrun it at any cost before it got to him. But then it really did get to him. Maybe? Huh? Huh? Hello?

Since: Sep 07

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Oilwell!
Ironicandtragic

Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Originally I laughed at the ironic story 10 days ago. But now I fell bad for his family and his friends. There is no reporting on his relatives or his background. A very ironic but sad way to die. Actions, responsibility, and consequences seem to fit this tragic story. Thankfully the first car's driver was not injured. Hope they get the Durango hit and run criminals.
Esteeben

Gilbertsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

If this isn't justice I don't what is!!!
Clareqt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Instant Karma.
Vic Romano

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Ain't karma a b. itch?
WALLACE

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

some people can be such idiots
Aunt D Marks mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

The Almighty Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Looks to me like the witnesses in the Durango got the impression Mark was ok. He probably got hit, and walked off because he knew already he was guilty for driving away from a previous hit-run accident. Maybe he was hiding something? Itís a shame, who knows.
Mark was critically injured on the spot, he was revived by the EMT who saw the accident. The GUYS that hit him didnt think he was ok...the thought he was already dead. Mark only lived for 12 days because he was strong, and that EMT < Eric Price> saved him long enough so his family could be by his side...but he succumbed to his injuries....
Sorry guys...two wrongs dont make a right here... No matter what. Mark will be missed dearly by his family... I hope these guys are found and JUSTICE is served....Mark didnt deserve to die.
devin marks friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

wish he could have stayed in florida, maybe it would have been different
Why Not

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Hit and run driver dies in hit and run.

Free justice, no taxpayer dollars needed.

Now to catch scumbag #2.
P long island

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

The kid got what was coming to him. He was a scum bag!! Karma baby karma!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••