Nassau prosecutors: 42 unlicensed contractors charged

Full story: Newsday

Forty-two unlicensed contractors were nailed in an enforcement sweep in Nassau Tuesday, with four facing felony charges for stealing thousands "for improvements that were either not finished or never even started," prosecutors said Tuesday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OhWellSchitHappe ns

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

Hang 'em high.
Banastre Tarleton

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

Snoop day = K Rice day affiliates ... This is Old Bulsht... Excuse my French lesson !!
bobby

West Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

about time
News Flash

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

Judged:

Nassau County is NOT in Suffolk County. Get a map!
Justine

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

Judged:

John Napolitano deserves to rot in jail for the rest of his life. He along with Ray Petrocelli, and Ronald Hinderhofer are all crooks. Don't ever use any of their services. They are all crooks! Each one of them got what they deserved! Low-rent, low-class losers!
bill

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

anybody bother to grab the Illegals ???
an american citizen

Budd Lake, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

bill wrote:
anybody bother to grab the Illegals ???
The answer to your question is very simple. Just look out your window. You see the guys doing the neighborhood landscaping, and the driveway masonry and roofing and the carpentring, etc, etc. Before you point the finger, look at your own back yard!
mike

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

ADD FAT PIECE OF SH.T NAMED EDWARD MURPHY FROM WANTAGH
mike

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Does anyone know a guy named ed murphy
Bugity Boo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Stay away from R A construction this freaking jerk will rip you off he got me for $7K and never came to work in my house. I am going to small claims court.
Ripped off

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Add a masonry guy to the list. Some Greek guy Dimitri smakalagosis or something like that, I forgot the last name. Total scumbag. Shoddy and sloppy paver work, and then threatened me with physical harm when I refused to pay him rest of money for a totally horrible job. He is unlicensed, uninsured and a dangerous man. He was actually stalking me for the money.
Pequa

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Judged:

Stay away from R A Construstion in Massapequa Area he took $10,000 from my grandmother and never showed up. F'ing guy is a creep and steals from seniors.
Jimmy Pee

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

He goes by the names: R A Designs, RA Construction, R-A Contracting. Possibly others no licesce to be a contractor. No insurance. Beware.
shady mason

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

that guy drive a white van? i know that narrows it down lol!
Billy Rae

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

They got the F that took 10K from my gransmother in Seaford. RA Construction or RA Home Improvement or R A Design or RA Consulting all the same co artist and say away will will take you. unlicense, no insurance, no crew that he promised, no work f A-Wipe.
Call the whah-mbulance

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Watch out for these contractor types now more than ever. Now that the market is in the crapper they are getting very desperate to keep gas in the tank of their oversized 4 door rolling ego pick up trucks. And keep their materialistic "LI girl" wives happy with the phony wealthy lifestyle. These bs artists did well when the market was good, but also inflated their actual wealth by mortgaging their homes through the sky. That's how they bought the Hummers and Vettes and McMansioned the house. Contractors are shadier and more crooked than ever, so be very careful of who you hire to work on your home.
greg

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

ray petrocelli stole 30k from the children of his dead brother
greg

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

ray petrocelli stole 30k from the children of his dead brother-a real class act
ripped off

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

mike wrote:
ADD FAT PIECE OF SH.T NAMED EDWARD MURPHY FROM WANTAGH
ya this guy is still out there ripping people off its amazing he not in jail when people are out of work starving for work please someone stop this guy
Blacktop Co

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

How about we go after these Blacktop Sealer Co's they run out of the back of station waggons, and storage units, they lay $4 can of tar and charger $80 it is all cash unreported to IRS and these scammer go collect welfare and foodstamps after they make $700 cash for the day.

You see the advertive on telephone poles and pennysavers real shysters and scammers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••