`My God. What Do I Do?'

The driver charged in a fatal hit-and-run of a UConn freshman Jan. 20 failed to stop because he had been drinking, according to arrest affidavits that also indicate that his parents tried to help cover up the ... Full Story
Marlborough Ct

Jersey City, NJ

#23 Feb 16, 2007
Isn't it wonderful that Mom and Dad wanted to protect their son. What kind of parents are they? What kind of a child is he? Obviously, they never taught him right from wrong. Let's see if the justice system, in all it's widsom, charges these horrible people. Or will they get off with just a slap on the wrist. Shouldn't they be arested with the same charges as Michele Hall? After all didn't they commit the same crime. My heart goes out to Carlee's family.
Marlborough Ct

Jersey City, NJ

#22 Feb 16, 2007
Isn't it wonderful that Mom and Dad wanted to protect their son. What kind of parents are they? What kind of a child is he? Obviously, they never taught him right from wrong. Let's see if the justice system, in all it's widsom, charges these horrible people. Or will they get off with just a slap on the wrist. Shouldn't they be up on the same charges as Michelle Hall? After all didn't they commit the same crime? My heart goes out to Carlee's family.
Jason

Newington, CT

#24 Feb 16, 2007
It's ashame that Alvino's parents tried to cover the accident up. The kids in the SUV, while not excusable, were intoxicated and could not make an intelligent decision. The parents should also be held accountable!!
Dj Ize

New York, NY

#25 Feb 16, 2007
If you read the article again it does say
"Police said more arrests are expected, not only for other passengers in the vehicle but for other people involved."

So I assume the parents will be charged as well and rightfully should be. What a shame to have just gone back to the dorm and FALL ASLEEP... how can you sleep after knowing you harmed someone and drove away. Maybe the pther passengers didn't know until long after the fact since it wasn't talked about at all until the parents came to the school. But those two boys should have called the police, but I am sure they were bribed in some way or made scared of something. I hope justice finds its way here.

Someone posted that in CT the land of money... which I am from CT with no money...lol that you can get out of things like this cause money can buy you out. That is crap I guarantee this will not be taken lightly and there will be examples set here.
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#26 Feb 16, 2007
Ronald Cowles wrote:
<quoted text>This is a good example of how twisted we have become. What about the true victims, the parents of that child. Sensationalism reigns supreme. The whole familly is guilty. Now we'll see our justice system at work.
Mr. Cowles, The mother told the boy and his friends to NOT go forward. THAT is a CRIME. Don't ya wonder what Mr. or MRs. ALVINO were thinking as they drove the SUV back to LOng Island from St. Bonaventure in an atempt to cover up? Don't ya wonder why they did not CONTACT the POLICE??

Don't respond if you have nothing of intellect to say.
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#27 Feb 16, 2007
Marlborough Ct wrote:
Isn't it wonderful that Mom and Dad wanted to protect their son. What kind of parents are they? What kind of a child is he? Obviously, they never taught him right from wrong. Let's see if the justice system, in all it's widsom, charges these horrible people. Or will they get off with just a slap on the wrist. Shouldn't they be up on the same charges as Michelle Hall? After all didn't they commit the same crime? My heart goes out to Carlee's family.
They sure should be charged! This is an outrage. No wonder their son has no conscience.
Disgusted

Monroe, CT

#28 Feb 16, 2007
While finding the scum bags involved in this terrible event will never bring back their daughter, the Wines family can be sure that the yuppy punk and his following of lackies will be taking it in the back door during their stay in prison.
Dj Ize

New York, NY

#29 Feb 16, 2007
wow someone posted the mothers web address here for her job at ReMax.
Kathy

Hartford, CT

#30 Feb 16, 2007
It is unbelievable to me that parents would try to cover up an incident such as this. They know someone who can fix the car, they love their son and want to protect him, is it any wonder that this young man has absolutely no moral compass?? The parents should go to jail!! Do they not believe that the victim needed justice? I hope that their money can't buy them out of this one.
Corey

Vernon Rockville, CT

#31 Feb 16, 2007
George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, if anyone takes the bet that money buys them out, they'll win.
Gotta love CT, land of money, power and a double-standard in the judicial system.
you know it, this family will get some high priced lawyer who will somehow make their son the victim and turn the whole thing around, money money money, nice morals too by the way those parents must be real proud of their son.
michael corleone

United States

#33 Feb 16, 2007
Why are there so many Italian-Americans from Long Island who behave so dishonorably?

I tutored a student from L.I. a couple of years ago, and his father promised to send me a check for $700 for my services. After calling him for several weeks and asking when the check would arrive, I decided to file a suit against him in small claims court. Finally the man relented and sent me my money. Why couldn't he do the right thing in the beginning?
----------
Remember Joey Buttafucco?
----------
The "mafia cops" Louis Eppolito and Steven Caracappa are both from L.I.
----------
I could go on and on .....
John

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Feb 16, 2007
GET THE ALVINO AND HALL PARENTS! Prosecuting them will truly "shine light on the responsibility we have to each other".

Went to sleep and didn't talk about it? What a great bunch of kids...

Nice work by the UCONN police.
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#36 Feb 16, 2007
Dj Ize wrote:
wow someone posted the mothers web address here for her job at ReMax.
so?
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#37 Feb 16, 2007
Corey wrote:
<quoted text>
you know it, this family will get some high priced lawyer who will somehow make their son the victim and turn the whole thing around, money money money, nice morals too by the way those parents must be real proud of their son.
What saddens me is that EVEN NOW this kid ONLY CARES about saving his own life, he has not shown an ounce of remorse and WILL PLEAD INNOCENT??????????
michael corleone

United States

#34 Feb 16, 2007
Why are there so many Italian-Americans from Long Island who behave so dishonorably?

I tutored a student from L.I. a couple of years ago, and his father promised to send me a check for $700 for my services. After calling him for several weeks and asking when the check would arrive, I decided to file a suit against him in small claims court. Finally the man relented and sent me my money. Why couldn't he do the right thing in the beginning?

UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#38 Feb 16, 2007
michael corleone wrote:
----------
----------
----------
Michael! WOw! You read my mind. joey B. had just flashed through my mind. CREEPS
Raymond Rivera

Raleigh, NC

#41 Feb 16, 2007
It's high time these impaired drivers start being treated like the real criminals they are and served hefty prison terms. And those that help cover-up the carnage should also be held accountable for their apparent criminal actionns. My 8 yr old grandson, Royel Taft, was killed by a convicted felon under the influence of PCP and we await a criminal trial to see if there is real justice for our little boy killed by a three time felon, drug dealer, armed robber and assault perpetrator.
John07 -

Plymouth, MN

#39 Feb 16, 2007
My God! What would I have done? In life, we all make mistakes! You should also be accountable and be prepared to face the consequences. I would have stopped because that is the right and humane thing to do! I would have helped this young lady out. The right thing would have been to call the police regardless of the consequences and ensure that this girl (who is someone's child) seeked medical treatment. It would have been different to face the consequences of drinking and driving later -the ultimate goal at the present time should have been to try and save this girl's life - then to leave the scene and let this poor girl die. This is HORRIFIC and unspeakable!
Shame on the PARENTS! I wonder what their feelings would have been if this happened to them? What actions would they have taken and to what extent would they have prosecuted??? There is no forgiveness on both parties here. Their child committed an awful crime and worst his parents abeited. This does not get any worse than that! My condolences go out to this poor girl's family. At lease the crimminals who committed this unspeakable crime have been captured! AMEN!
justice

New Britain, CT

#44 Feb 16, 2007
Mrs. Alvino is quoted as saying "THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME AT BIG CAMPUSES SUCH AS UCONN". This woman is a criminal with no conscience! Get yourself an attorney Mrs. Alvino, it looks like you may need a good one. How could you????

Your some left a dying girl in the street and you told him not to go forward? HAVE YOU NO MORALS?

DId you ever CARE about the family of Carlee?

You are sickening!
UConn Graduate Student

Farmington, CT

#46 Feb 16, 2007
michael corleone wrote:
----------
----------
----------
Before you get away with the racist comment. A lot of Italian-Americans from LI ran into those twin towers on 9/11.

The Alvinos do not represent all Italian-Americans just as O.J. does not represnt all African-Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogwood la 3 hr Sambee 1
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 13 hr Bruser 7,936
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Tue Sambee 2,046
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Tue Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Mon GODBlessAmerica 11
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
6 arrested after trio caught carrying safe in D... (May '09) Dec 9 StepPredator 31

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:53 pm PST