`My God. What Do I Do?'

The driver charged in a fatal hit-and-run of a UConn freshman Jan. 20 failed to stop because he had been drinking, according to arrest affidavits that also indicate that his parents tried to help cover up the ... Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Concerned

Manchester, CT

#2 Feb 16, 2007
My God. I am horrified at the parent's behaviour in helping to cover this up.
Paul

AOL

#3 Feb 16, 2007
The bonds of $100,000. & $250,000 for each charged for killing someone and then fleeing the scene is an affront. The accused should have had to post much higher bonds.
Jim

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2007
The people in the vechicle and the famiy that covered it up should pay dearly. They should get max prison time and loose all their assets. They are low lifes scum bags. Lets see if money buys them out of this.

Since: Feb 07

Rocky Hill, CT

#6 Feb 16, 2007
Jim wrote:
The people in the vechicle and the famiy that covered it up should pay dearly. They should get max prison time and loose all their assets. They are low lifes scum bags. Lets see if money buys them out of this.
Unfortunately, if anyone takes the bet that money buys them out, they'll win.

Gotta love CT, land of money, power and a double-standard in the judicial system.
s lewis

Harwinton, CT

#5 Feb 16, 2007
The parents need to go to jail too. This family needs to made an example as a lack of moral and legal responsibility. Their son is obviously a chip off the old block.
Kate

East Hartford, CT

#7 Feb 16, 2007
I'm also horrified at the parents' behavior. Why are they not being charged with a crime? They actively participated in covering up their son's crimes!

This is what happens when parents are more concerned with money and image and being their child's "friend" than with parenting their child properly. Unfortunately these people raised a child with absolutely no sense of moral responsibility and therefore I imagine that taking their precious money and tarnishing their image is the only way to really hurt them.

After the criminal proceedings are over, I sincerely hope Ms. Wines' parents sue this young man's parents for every single penny they have.

What scum.
Shell

Middletown, CT

#9 Feb 16, 2007
Such a waste. Because of the need for self gratification a precious life was ended. Alcohol is a means to kill.
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#8 Feb 16, 2007
s lewis wrote:
The parents need to go to jail too. This family needs to made an example as a lack of moral and legal responsibility. Their son is obviously a chip off the old block.
wow is this ever true. They are repulsive. Mom wanted to "cover this up"? They all need a long amount of prison time. I would not mind being on that jury
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#10 Feb 16, 2007
Kate wrote:
I'm also horrified at the parents' behavior. Why are they not being charged with a crime? They actively participated in covering up their son's crimes!
This is what happens when parents are more concerned with money and image and being their child's "friend" than with parenting their child properly. Unfortunately these people raised a child with absolutely no sense of moral responsibility and therefore I imagine that taking their precious money and tarnishing their image is the only way to really hurt them.
After the criminal proceedings are over, I sincerely hope Ms. Wines' parents sue this young man's parents for every single penny they have.
What scum.
Well said Kate. I am wondering if MICHELE HALL stayed on the UCOnn campus and attended classes with fellow UConn students the entire time the KILLERS were being searched for??!

Repulsive. Alvino's MOTHER should be arrested, she raised a monster.
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#11 Feb 16, 2007
Anthony C. Alvino and his wife, Donna, drove up in their black Mercedes, picked up their son and his friends Anthony Muccioli and Jordan P. Donahue at their dorm, and drove them to the Microtel hotel near the university, the affidavit says.

Once they got to the hotel, Alvino's father said he loved his son very much and wanted to protect him.

Donna Alvino said she had a mechanic friend from home who would fix the car "and have it detailed so that no one would be able to tell that it was involved in the incident," the affidavit said.

They also told Alvino's friends that they shouldn't call their parents or tell anyone about the incident, and they offered to get them a counselor so they could talk about the incident. After that they took the three to Applebee's for dinner.

It was later learned by UConn police that the Alvinos checked out of the hotel the following morning and that the damaged Nissan was driven to their home on Long Island.

Mom and Dad Alvino need some prison time.BIG TIME. They are monsters.HOw could they cover up that their son had taken part in taking anohter HUMAN BEINGS life?
Early Childhood Adv

Moodus, CT

#12 Feb 16, 2007
"My God, what do I do?" You should stopped, called an ambulance and Police and you should have waited at the scene if you didn't have any life saving techniques under your belt. Or were you drunk? By waiting and reporting and acting you could have saved her LIFE. There is too much going on...we don't need anymore help...not that kind anyway. Your parents need to do some time as well for failing to instruct you properly.
Early Childhood Adv

Moodus, CT

#13 Feb 16, 2007
LAWS ARE ENACTED FOR A REASON, IF SOMEONE IS DRINKING WHILE UNDERAGE, THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES...NOW IMAGINE WHAT THOSE CONSEQUENCES WILL BE FOR SOMEONE UNDERAGE WHO DRINKS AND DRIVES AND KILLS...AND PARENTS ARE AWARE? THAT IS ANOTHER LAW!

COLLEGE IS TO MAKE ONE WISER, NOT DULL THEIR SENSES...WITH DRUGS, ALCOHOL AND NEEDLESS SEX...

REMEMBER TO: JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS...OUR OTHER WAR!
OUT OF HOW MANY?
Rae CT

Boca Raton, FL

#14 Feb 16, 2007
Eighteen year olds are old enough to know right from wrong, but these kids proved they have no conscience. And with parents trying to cover it is no wonder. Throw the whole lot in jail for murder and let them rot.
UConn Graduate Student

Farmington, CT

#15 Feb 16, 2007
The parents are deplorable yuppie status-hungry selfish scum who raised their son in their image. Don't they realize that they just dug themselves into a deeper and deeper hole by trying to cover his tracks? Did they think the police couldn't figure it out? Did his girlfriend who lived in the same dorm as the victim have an overwhelming sense of guilt? Or maybe she was haunted by the victim's spirit as she walked by her half-vacant dorm room?

The more high-income students they get at UConn the more of this type of behavior---the Sopranos-mentality of spoiled rich demon children. Go through the student parking lots at UConn and witness the showroom of Mercedes, Lexus, BMWs, shiny new SUVs, and other fine cars driven by the students who claim they are not in any way privileged.

If you truly loved your son Mr. Alvino, you wouldn't have helped him in getting a mandatory prison sentence. The judge, the cops--I'm sure they are gonna think real highly of you.
UConn Alumn 05

Newington, CT

#16 Feb 16, 2007
This is a prime example why UConn needs to improve their "Safe Rides" program.

People are going to drink underage, regardless always have, always will. This unfortunately is not the first incident like this at UConn. The lack of funding and strict rules for free "safe rides" makes it an un-used resource that can save lives. There are no cab services at UConn , and as the school cracks down on underage drinking it will just drive people to drink off-campus. No one will ever be able stop underage drinking.

For those who have forgot a similar situation occurred in 2001 when a intoxicate student killed Nhat H. Pham on the same road. I praise the way her family honored her through the handling of the prosecution of the guilty. Suing the hell out of the driverís parents will not bring their daughter back. I pray for both families and friends of the victim and accused.
ctmom

New Britain, CT

#17 Feb 16, 2007
Rae CT wrote:
Eighteen year olds are old enough to know right from wrong, but these kids proved they have no conscience. And with parents trying to cover it is no wonder. Throw the whole lot in jail for murder and let them rot.
so very true.It sickens me that NOT ONE PERSON in that vehicle said STOP, WE JUST HIT A PERSON". They all need to go to prison, as well as MOm and Pop Alvino. They are low lives for sure
j butova agawam ma

Weare, NH

#18 Feb 16, 2007
my son was killed by his cousin in oct 2005.
i could write a book about the injustice of these deaths. sadly, the parents torture is just beginning.underage drinking and the denials, they were out for a good time. everyone does it. its uconns fault.wait until they paint these survivors as saints.it is so sad.
my son was killed by an underage college drinker.
people state to us that they can not imagine what we are feeling,well if we could discribe it we would share it with you.
our thoughts and prayers to you
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#19 Feb 16, 2007
Mrs. Alvino, the mother of ANTHONY ALVINO who ran over Carlee and killed her and then wanted to "COVER IT UP".

Money is not an issue Mrs. Alvino? You are a disgrace.

You served your child WRONG and now he will SERVE LOTS OF PRISON TIME and so SHOULD YOU!

http://www.donnaalvino.com/
Ronald Cowles

Coventry, CT

#20 Feb 16, 2007
UConnMom2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow is this ever true. They are repulsive. Mom wanted to "cover this up"? They all need a long amount of prison time. I would not mind being on that jury
This is a good example of how twisted we have become. What about the true victims, the parents of that child. Sensationalism reigns supreme. The whole familly is guilty. Now we'll see our justice system at work.
UConnMom2010

New Britain, CT

#21 Feb 16, 2007
UConn Graduate Student wrote:
The parents are deplorable yuppie status-hungry selfish scum who raised their son in their image. Don't they realize that they just dug themselves into a deeper and deeper hole by trying to cover his tracks? Did they think the police couldn't figure it out? Did his girlfriend who lived in the same dorm as the victim have an overwhelming sense of guilt? Or maybe she was haunted by the victim's spirit as she walked by her half-vacant dorm room?
well said. The parents should hang their heads in shame. I would serve on this jury in a heartbeat
The more high-income students they get at UConn the more of this type of behavior---the Sopranos-mentality of spoiled rich demon children. Go through the student parking lots at UConn and witness the showroom of Mercedes, Lexus, BMWs, shiny new SUVs, and other fine cars driven by the students who claim they are not in any way privileged.
If you truly loved your son Mr. Alvino, you wouldn't have helped him in getting a mandatory prison sentence. The judge, the cops--I'm sure they are gonna think real highly of you.
The "parents" sicken me.All that you said is so true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 7 hr Sambee 1,645
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 8 hr Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 6,389
Oil company bilked out of $142,000 (Mar '07) 11 hr Mr Chow 335
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 14 hr Sam 757
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE