More Than 4,000 Power Outages Linger in Commack

Nov 5, 2012 Full story: Patch.com

Many Commack residents continue to linger int he dark without electricity as LIPA is slowly making strides to return power to the area.

Full Story
Greg

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2012
Just live south of high school and have yet to see a LIPA truck. The COO should resign after this if he has a shred of self respect in his body. Can't get any answers from the LIPA people.
Bloomberg complains about Far Roakaway and the numbers almost drop to zero. Mangano complains about Nassau County and the numbers drop over 100'K in one night.
Who is standing up for Commack? Sent Steve Israel an e-mail and he has not responded yet.
LIPA are a bunch of idiots.
Mom from Missouri

Dexter, MO

#2 Nov 11, 2012
Greg, my son is in your town with lots of crews from our area and others trying to get your power restored. Gives these men a break. They have traveled thousands of miles and left their families to sleep on cots, no bathing facilities and work 16 hour days just to help others in need.
Gubamint Electric

Florham Park, NJ

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Greg wrote:
Just live south of high school and have yet to see a LIPA truck. The COO should resign after this if he has a shred of self respect in his body. Can't get any answers from the LIPA people.
Bloomberg complains about Far Roakaway and the numbers almost drop to zero. Mangano complains about Nassau County and the numbers drop over 100'K in one night.
Who is standing up for Commack? Sent Steve Israel an e-mail and he has not responded yet.
LIPA are a bunch of idiots.
Stop whining, you deserve LIPA!
Gubamint Electric

Florham Park, NJ

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Mom from Missouri wrote:
Greg, my son is in your town with lots of crews from our area and others trying to get your power restored. Gives these men a break. They have traveled thousands of miles and left their families to sleep on cots, no bathing facilities and work 16 hour days just to help others in need.
I hope you son is being well compensated for his good work and having to put up with whiny useless whimps like Greg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 11 hr Bruser 7,933
Six LI Catholic Elementary Schools to Close (Dec '11) 11 hr 31 years an RN 266
Wooden grain scale (Mar '07) Thu Calvin James 72
Levittown Orthodontist Secures Patent for Devic... Dec 16 Gerald Vonberger 1
Lottery announces LI million-dollar winners (Dec '13) Dec 16 Lawndell Washington 14
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec 14 Democracy 7
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 12 michelle_salem_ct 53

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST