What Needs to Change in Lindenhurst
what

New York, NY

#21 Aug 17, 2008
Resident wrote:
ummm let's see....garbage everywhere, HUGE drug presence and TERRIBLE drivers.Notto mention the Mayor is useless, and the people at town hall are worse! The mayor couldn't even get off his butt to have a garbage pail placed in the location we needed it. Doug(deputy mayor) at town hall is a pretentious and patronizing little man. Lindenhurst has failed all my expectations(which were low in the first place) and we can't wait to leave. YUCK!
where are u goin to move?
Amber

Ronkonkoma, NY

#22 Sep 25, 2008
lindy123 wrote:
Lindenhurst, NY is a nice little town in Babylon NY. We have great schools, nice parks and okay shopping. But as everyplace else, we need some change. What do you think would help Lindenhurst be a better place to live?
THE PEOPLE NEED TO CHANGE, we all need to start to change we need to keep the place clean.

The stupid dirty teenagers and preteens hanging out in the parks late at night. Can people set a curfew can parents watch their children. I graduated from Lindy in 2000. Im no so old this isnt grandma complaining. 3am screaming and cursing talking all nasty stuff about sex, breaking glass bottles (This is the Shore Road park, i want to get some sleep) It so dirty too. The town finally put a few more garbage cans down by those new soccer fields water bottles were everywhere all summer. Not to mention by that beach littered all the time with beer bottles and cans. The little playground graffiti all over and grass is over grown in the sand. I try on the weekends early to pick up alot of the little mostly bottles all over the street and park.
I was putting my dog outside last weekend and some jerk threw garbage at the window by the stop sign in front of my house then saw me and my father, so decided to yell ahhh my drink fell, ahh shit! Then whats even better he didnt even stop at the stop sign. Why do we have them in Lindenhurst no one uses them EVER. Unless there's a cop nearby.
On wellwood many times at the traffic lights by Hoffman & montauk go int he turning lane to speed past the front car.
One guy did that and i was the first car at the light so i held my horn down. The damn guy threw his car in park and started banging on my drivers window " you got soemthing to say?" my god scared the crap out of me this was right by the gazebo in town. I was able to drive around with him outside the window. thank goodness.
Also how many sexual preditor notices are we gonna get?

Can people pick up their dog poop?
Can we not throw garbage on the ground?
Can we follow traffic laws?
Can we be a little nicer to one another?
Can we not curse so much, clean our mouths and our heads?
Amber

Ronkonkoma, NY

#23 Sep 25, 2008
Resident wrote:
ummm let's see....garbage everywhere, HUGE drug presence and TERRIBLE drivers.Notto mention the Mayor is useless, and the people at town hall are worse! The mayor couldn't even get off his butt to have a garbage pail placed in the location we needed it. Doug(deputy mayor) at town hall is a pretentious and patronizing little man. Lindenhurst has failed all my expectations(which were low in the first place) and we can't wait to leave. YUCK!
Yes and the DRUGS almost forgot. I agree with you little baggies everywhere. Walking my dog he found a bag full of Pot right by my neighbors drivers side door.

At least when i was in the high school it was all over one of the janitors was in on it, some people had said they got it from the janitor.

“Enough is Enough ”

Since: Feb 08

Swindlehurst,NY

#24 Sep 25, 2008
How do we go about getting Brennan kicked out of office???
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
THE PEOPLE NEED TO CHANGE, we all need to start to change we need to keep the place clean.
The stupid dirty teenagers and preteens hanging out in the parks late at night. Can people set a curfew can parents watch their children. I graduated from Lindy in 2000. Im no so old this isnt grandma complaining. 3am screaming and cursing talking all nasty stuff about sex, breaking glass bottles (This is the Shore Road park, i want to get some sleep) It so dirty too. The town finally put a few more garbage cans down by those new soccer fields water bottles were everywhere all summer. Not to mention by that beach littered all the time with beer bottles and cans. The little playground graffiti all over and grass is over grown in the sand. I try on the weekends early to pick up alot of the little mostly bottles all over the street and park.
I was putting my dog outside last weekend and some jerk threw garbage at the window by the stop sign in front of my house then saw me and my father, so decided to yell ahhh my drink fell, ahh shit! Then whats even better he didnt even stop at the stop sign. Why do we have them in Lindenhurst no one uses them EVER. Unless there's a cop nearby.
On wellwood many times at the traffic lights by Hoffman & montauk go int he turning lane to speed past the front car.
One guy did that and i was the first car at the light so i held my horn down. The damn guy threw his car in park and started banging on my drivers window " you got soemthing to say?" my god scared the crap out of me this was right by the gazebo in town. I was able to drive around with him outside the window. thank goodness.

“Hug Your Kids”

Since: Mar 08

Lindenhurst

#25 Sep 25, 2008
Lindenhurst taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Run for election!
sportsfan

Stratford, CT

#26 Sep 26, 2008
look at our neighbors people. look at babylon village and then look at copaiuge. which do u want our village to look like. we pay higher taxes to be in our village SO YES WE SHOULD HAVE OUR OWN EVERYTHING. why is it those who do not pay village taxes get everything we get. its just that simple. at least thats the way it works everywhere else in the REAL WORLD!!! our village our school, our aux police and our own board.
Mom of 3

Mastic, NY

#27 Oct 14, 2008
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I COMPLETELY agree and now I don't feel crazy. Your sentiments hit the nail on the head. Thank you for your honesty. I am much older than you- a 1986 graduate of Wantagh HS, but I, too, know this town needs HELP!!!!! I avoid driving down Wellwood because it is embarrassing to me and my kids. I do want to help and want to help organize the community. We bought a house here nearly ten yrs ago and it's either stay and take action, or leave and suffer big losses. This town is the perfect example of conservatism, corruption,and cronyism--Republicans turning their backs on their constituents. Sound a bit familiar? Mr. Brennan needs to be ousted and this town needs to take back its pride!!!
VILLAGE NEEDS A OVERHALL

United States

#28 Oct 15, 2008
Resident wrote:
Yes Deputy Dougs job has gone to his little arrogant head! He is useless and it is really a time for a change. First absentee landlords are a real problem. Rent with a obtion to buy loophole needs to be closed! We have a absentee landlord on my block who has made my life hell for over 20yrs and the town does NOTHING!! Illegal up and down! He pulls up in his mercedes to collect the rent and doesn't put a dime into his rat infested high ranch, lawn never mowed, not one plant in the beds, outdated siding, airconditioners out every window! Must I go on I just get aggravated! My next call is the Good Ole uncle Sam, do you think he claims his rent??
FIREMENS DISGRACE

United States

#29 Oct 15, 2008
Firemens field is such a disgrace! No wonder the kids are in the town playing. Have you been down to see the duck droppings? It is so bad I wouldn't let my child play in that park. Are they waiting for someone to pick up a disease? Why don't you send them over to cleann the park instead of the church that is what the taxpayers are paying for.
WHO KEEPS DUMPING THE WHITE DUCKS, THEY CAN'T DEFEND THEMSELVES FLY AWAY AND ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO GO TO PETCO AND GET THEIR OWN FOOD. THEIR DOMESTICATED AND PETS NOT WILD ANIMALS. FRANKLY IF I SEE ANYONE DUMPING ANOTHER 6 HOLIDAY DUCKS IM REPORTING TO ANIMAL ABUSE!
realistic

United States

#30 Oct 15, 2008
Lets get realistic, the village is outdated. It has come to the point where it is to big to be managed by friends of friends. It really should be abolished and handed over to the town. To many get rich quick slime balls looking to make a dime. The village runs with their tails between their legs everytime they THINK their going to be challenged in court. 99% of variances pass, why?? Houses being built in backyards, sideways, to tall, 2ft off property lines. What ever! Salaries to high, to many administrators, the list goes on. So until someone challenges to abolish it will go on and on, until Lindenhurst as we used to know it, is gone forever!
realistic

United States

#31 Oct 15, 2008
Lindenhurst taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I got news for you Brennan is the best Lindy had since the last four mayors..and believe me I not a fan of our village. I really think if we get rid of Doug, Shawn the the clan it would be a great start!How come these guys don't look to advance their careers...ahh because they suck!

“Enough is Enough ”

Since: Feb 08

Swindlehurst,NY

#32 Oct 16, 2008
The best part was, Brennean hid behind the Firehouse prposal this past election. A business card ad in Waldbaums announced he was running uncontested. The day AFTER nominees had to be in. Just another way they managed to get away with the BS we've been dealing with.
Senior

Bronx, NY

#33 Oct 25, 2008
As a Lindy senior I visit other towns to see friends and then I come back to Lindy. There's more pride in these other towns and schools. I hear many yonger students take busses to private HS's now. I now know why. The low-lifes in lindenhurst are ruining my town. Lts of good and bad in anytown, but too much BAD in Lindenhurst that no one is doing anything about! It all starts with Leadership: the Village and the Schools! I'm glad I will be away at college next year!
Watcher

AOL

#34 Oct 25, 2008
lindy123 wrote:
Lindenhurst, NY is a nice little town in Babylon NY. We have great schools, nice parks and okay shopping. But as everyplace else, we need some change. What do you think would help Lindenhurst be a better place to live?
What I think would to get the drug dealers off the streets and the adult drug dealers which are Moms in Lindy bust them throw their asses in jail maybe that will teach them to stop selling drugs to the kids.Their are names names and streets named as to where they live post a cop outside their homes when all the traffic goes in to buy drugs stop them with drugs in hand this is the way to clean up this town get off your lazy asses and do something about it I have already!!!
Anthony

Warwick, NY

#35 Oct 26, 2008
Let's see...

- It needs to repay its biggest youth contributors instead of spitting on them. In my graduating class I performed more community service in one eagle scout project than every child of a PTA member combined, yet those received awards for community service and I didn't.

- Less nepotism from PTA members. Again, in my graduating class, awards went seemingly indiscriminately to the valedictorian and to PTA kids who weren't even exceptional in their subjects. Our math award for instance went to someone's daughter who only got a 3 on the AP Calc exam in the same year at least 5-6 of us were accomplishing far greater achievements in math than even a 5 on that exam.

- It also needs to have anti-bullying classes in schools, because apparently the parents around here are no good at teaching tolerance for individual thought or for encouraging their kids to solve disputes nonviolently. It's not only a few kids who act like Nazis around here; it's almost an epidemic.

- Ditto for anything that would get rid of the immense drug and casual sex problems in the middle and high schools.

- Standards need to be upheld. No more of this graduating functional illiterates for convenience's sake nonsense.
say yes to Obama

Mohegan Lake, NY

#36 Oct 27, 2008
what wrote:
<quoted text>
another this that needs to change are the kids that hang out at the gazebo in town on the corner of wellwood and hoffman by the power house gym...have u gone bt there at like 5-8 at night
i mean i looks like a brooklyn street corner its gross to see lindy has turned for the worse
I agree. These little brat even hang out when the lindy car patrol is around.

They need to chase these kigs away.
say yes to Obama

Mohegan Lake, NY

#37 Oct 27, 2008
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Amber. 100% right. Been here for 10 years. This place has gone to shit. They cant even keep businesses in the village.
sportsfan

Stratford, CT

#38 Oct 27, 2008
Anthony wrote:
Let's see...
- It needs to repay its biggest youth contributors instead of spitting on them. In my graduating class I performed more community service in one eagle scout project than every child of a PTA member combined, yet those received awards for community service and I didn't.
- Less nepotism from PTA members. Again, in my graduating class, awards went seemingly indiscriminately to the valedictorian and to PTA kids who weren't even exceptional in their subjects. Our math award for instance went to someone's daughter who only got a 3 on the AP Calc exam in the same year at least 5-6 of us were accomplishing far greater achievements in math than even a 5 on that exam.
- It also needs to have anti-bullying classes in schools, because apparently the parents around here are no good at teaching tolerance for individual thought or for encouraging their kids to solve disputes nonviolently. It's not only a few kids who act like Nazis around here; it's almost an epidemic.
- Ditto for anything that would get rid of the immense drug and casual sex problems in the middle and high schools.
- Standards need to be upheld. No more of this graduating functional illiterates for convenience's sake nonsense.
Oh man, you said so much and I agree with you 100%. I would vote for you in a heart beat!!!! i know so many kids who cryed that they didnt achieve a certain award because it went to some idiot just because her mom is a PTA what ever!!!! or a kid who is so smart that he is totally picked on and called a nerd. these kids should be the one's that others should look up to and be ashamed that they do NOT DO THERE BEST!!!! I never knew about a TAL award till i knew someone who recieved it and this was nothing more then a teacher's pet award. not what they achieved or what they have done. kids who are outstanding are put in the back. did u see the MS graduation., they just went over the top grades in the school without giving awards. they just had to stand up. PRES. OF STUDENT COUNCIL gave speech instead of the PRES OF THE NAT JR HONOR SOCIETY!!! WHATS THAT ABOUT!!!!
Family of Four

Bronx, NY

#39 Oct 27, 2008
You are right on target about nepotism and politics involved in the schools. That's the way this town works. If you know the right people you have a leg up! Lindy schools are not what they used to be. The community is to blame because those in charge of the schools are doing as they wish, with no challenge to them. "Oh I don't want to get involved". My neighbor works three jobs to send their daughter to Catholic HS.
I may do the same.
Big Brother

Bronx, NY

#40 Nov 7, 2008
Watching and taking notes on all the bull going on in Swindlehurst. Many are fed up!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 5 hr Bruser 8,652
Noise in Bethpage (Dec '16) Sun Skeet 4
Town of Hempstead Sanitation workers Over Paid ... (Sep '10) Jan 20 Zxcv 77
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Jan 19 Colaguy 90
The aging Rebel the man freaks that date and su... (Jul '10) Jan 19 Rockie 51
News Hempstead Supervisor-elect Laura Gillen announc... Jan 18 Vocalic Scissors 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Jan 18 workoutgrl 73

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages