Since: Mar 08

Lindenhurst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2008

Lindenhurst, NY is a nice little town in Babylon NY. We have great schools, nice parks and okay shopping. But as everyplace else, we need some change. What do you think would help Lindenhurst be a better place to live?
what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

lindy123 wrote:
Lindenhurst, NY is a nice little town in Babylon NY. We have great schools, nice parks and okay shopping. But as everyplace else, we need some change. What do you think would help Lindenhurst be a better place to live?
i really think that lindy needs to get rid of 2 fam apts, apt buidlings,section 8 housing,renters and things would really change fast...there needs to be some kind of place for kids to go and b a part of something and do something...i would also like to see which willnever happen 2 MS and 2 HS u have about 8 elem. schools that pool into 1 ms and 1 hs to many kids to crowded...lindy needs more police i would like to see some police walking tho. the village and in trouble areas
what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

lindy123 wrote:
haha lindy is not a "little town" the village and NL together have about 50,000 res. thats huge for a town and i think that is kinda the prob. with lidy its just to BIG...i would like to c the village be its own thing and have there own school and NL become its own "town" with its own schools...i would also like to some nice rest. to eat at in the village i know they have the village lantern but i would like it more like babylon village...
hiItsMe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

what wrote:
<quoted text>
haha lindy is not a "little town" the village and NL together have about 50,000 res. thats huge for a town and i think that is kinda the prob. with lidy its just to BIG...i would like to c the village be its own thing and have there own school and NL become its own "town" with its own schools...i would also like to some nice rest. to eat at in the village i know they have the village lantern but i would like it more like babylon village...
i live in NL and if it was its own town it would suck cause there is nothing up here

“Enough is Enough ”

Since: Feb 08

Swindlehurst,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Judged:

We need to un-incorporate the village hall and get rid of all of it's dirty politicians.
read a book

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Lindenhurst taxpayer wrote:
We need to un-incorporate the village hall and get rid of all of it's dirty politicians.
Hey your last big change didn't hold up!!!!!! Budget passed...so who cares who you are...nice try!!!!!!Now go get a life
what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

hiItsMe wrote:
<quoted text> i live in NL and if it was its own town it would suck cause there is nothing up here
sometimes thats better there isnt much in WI and its pretty nice there and people like that in WI no little downtown area,no LIRR and people like that there
what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Lindenhurst taxpayer wrote:
who are these dirty pol. b/c i think that there are dirty pol. everywhere u turn today its almost a part of the job in a way as bad as that sounds ...and what would unincorporating the village do for "former" village people if this change occured? and is it even possible to do?
what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

lindy123 wrote:
another this that needs to change are the kids that hang out at the gazebo in town on the corner of wellwood and hoffman by the power house gym...have u gone bt there at like 5-8 at night
i mean i looks like a brooklyn street corner its gross to see lindy has turned for the worse
what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

the kids are climbing on things,smoking,drinking,being rowdy,yelling,playing music...i would rather the skate board kids then "those kinds" of kids there just a bad "look" for lindy

“Enough is Enough ”

Since: Feb 08

Swindlehurst,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

You're an angry fellow.
I certainly hope you're not a teacher. I guess they don't give a personality test, or mental evaluation to be a teacher.
read a book wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey your last big change didn't hold up!!!!!! Budget passed...so who cares who you are...nice try!!!!!!Now go get a life
what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

i past by the gazebo in town and once again it looked like a brooklyn street corner...real sad to c
Rez

Lavallette, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Lindenhurst is a shithole of a town, and I am glad to be moving out of it at the ned of the month.
another concerned citizen

Watertown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

Rez wrote:
Lindenhurst is a shithole of a town, and I am glad to be moving out of it at the ned of the month.
I'm glad your moving out too!
lindy resident

Watertown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

i do think the village should separate after all we pay taxes for the shear fact of being in
"the village". we should have our own schools and police or an aux.police just to patrol our streets and town. if only our mayor and other authorities would just pick up and do something beside just hanging out. cars are so bunched up it looks horrible because of people who rent out there houses so they park on the streets. now we have wall to wall cars. you can barely make it down a street without having to pull to the side to let another car pass. we should move to the nassau rule that doesnt allow cars on the street after a certain hour. so crooks wouldnt be able to hide and no one could rent unless they had a parking spot in their driveway!!
Another Lindy resident

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

lindy resident wrote:
cars are so bunched up it looks horrible because of people who rent out there houses so they park on the streets. now we have wall to wall cars. you can barely make it down a street without having to pull to the side to let another car pass. we should move to the nassau rule that doesnt allow cars on the street after a certain hour. so crooks wouldnt be able to hide and no one could rent unless they had a parking spot in their driveway!!
The biggest offender with cars lined up in the streets is an OWNER who's late 20's sons haven't moved out yet and have multiple cars, some parked forever in one spot. Code Enforcement has done a great job at trying to keep them straight, but they can only do so much.

If you have any problems with many many cars in the streets, contact Code Enforcement. Any car left in one place more than a week can get towed. They will come by, check registrations and inspections, and such, and generally harass the owners.

As for unincorporating the village, you do get services for being in the village - like calling Code Enforcement to get something done about something you don't like.

Dogs for instance. It takes just a written and signed statement to get a warning made about a loose dog. Second time?$500 fine. No questions asked. No pictures, no legal proof, just a signed statement.

What I'd like to see is BUSES for every student. Recently, before school ended, some teenager driving too fast came around the curve on Herbert Ave right in front of the American Legion and spun out, winding up on the sidewalk. Right as kids were walking home, right after my kids passed that spot on the sidewalk. My kids are "walkers" - even though those right behind my block get buses - to MS, HS, elementary, everything. Why should they put my kids in danger by denying them a bus ride?

I happened to be 5 minutes late that day to come and pick them up.
Lindygirl5

Great Neck, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

I think Lindenhurst is fine the way it is. I grew up in West Babylon & always wished I could live here & now I do.
I do wish they had never sold the old theater, thats a crying shame.
Have any of you people traveled this country and seen what its like in other states? You live in paradise by comparison to some of these places.
It doesn't matter what you do, there will always be kids hanging out in town. I'm sure you did it too when you were a teenager. Chasing them away is not the answer. I say we should just have code enforcement officers monitoring them to make sure they aren't vandalizing or drinking or doing drugs and really penalize them if they are. Most of what I see are just skaters and the girls that they attract. I walk past the gazebo area every night & they've never been disrespectful to me.
And they should crack down on illegal apartments, thats what causes your taxes to go up every year. All these extra kids using the schools & public services at your tax dollar expense. They also need to establish strict guidelines before issuing two-family or mother-daughter permits.
All-in-all, Lindenhurst is no worse than any other town on Long Island & a lot better than many of them.
Lindy resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

I think people in this town need to mind their own business and not get into their neighbors business so much. There's ALOT OF LIFELESS people in this town.

Also the law in the lindenhurst village where you can make a complaint against someone and the other person can't find out who it was has to be rescinded.

This ain't Nazi Germany or a commie country. Where do they (the lindenhurst village)think they are?

There's a whole bunch of old timers in there who think they can do whatever they wish. No it's not that way other people have rights to. They seem to ignore that left from right.

Maybe some harrassment suits for monetary damages and protests will change their mind of thinking.
CMB

Hauppauge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

have the overpaid/underworked cops earn their living like the NYPD, not just ----can the jobs for lower crime stats
lindy123 wrote:
Resident

Lavallette, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

ummm let's see....garbage everywhere, HUGE drug presence and TERRIBLE drivers.Notto mention the Mayor is useless, and the people at town hall are worse! The mayor couldn't even get off his butt to have a garbage pail placed in the location we needed it. Doug(deputy mayor) at town hall is a pretentious and patronizing little man. Lindenhurst has failed all my expectations(which were low in the first place) and we can't wait to leave. YUCK!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••