One injured, one killed in Melville c...

One injured, one killed in Melville crash

There are 108 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled One injured, one killed in Melville crash. In it, Newsday reports that:

One person was killed and another injured in a two-car crash in Melville that flipped an SUV and mangled a sports car, Suffolk County Police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
LI Bri

Huntington, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2008
Lomanginob is lucky he was in an SUV or he would be dead too.
kwans

Bayonne, NJ

#5 Jun 21, 2008
The only thing that Amerikwa produces anymore is a bumper crop of morons.
Fiorello

Bethpage, NY

#8 Jun 21, 2008
Another driver makes a left turn in front of a car coming towards him, causes the accident and walks away.

"Failure to yield right of way"
Stop Speeding

Medford, NY

#9 Jun 21, 2008
Both vehicles were impounded. Police continue investigating the crash. Graff said there is no evidence that drugs, alcohol, defensive driving or common sense were involved.
the obvious

Copiague, NY

#11 Jun 21, 2008
Fiorello wrote:
Another driver makes a left turn in front of a car coming towards him, causes the accident and walks away.
"Failure to yield right of way"
Not so fast.
The lotus was driving at high rate of speed. If he was in fact using his lotus as his own personal rocket car, then the SUV driver could not have accurately judged the distance the lotus would cover in such a short period of time.
nit pick nightmare

New York, NY

#15 Jun 21, 2008
Lotus on 110 in Melville... probably coming from Four - probably wasted.
Mary 2nd precinct

New Hyde Park, NY

#16 Jun 21, 2008
Newsday calls the Police Officer, Sgt. Mark Graf. His name is Bruce Markgraf. They cannot even get a name correct.
Two days ago they referred to Judge Melvyn Tannenbaum as she two times.
Gcd

Long Beach, NY

#17 Jun 21, 2008
a case of another speeding idiot
Comparative Perspective

Brentwood, NY

#18 Jun 21, 2008
Mary 2nd precinct wrote:
Newsday calls the Police Officer, Sgt. Mark Graf. His name is Bruce Markgraf. They cannot even get a name correct.
Two days ago they referred to Judge Melvyn Tannenbaum as she two times.
Newsrag's newsroom and editorial board room have been infected by liberalism for many years.

Liberals are not concerned with those annoying little tidbits called "facts". The equal spreading of misery across society is far more important for Newsrag and today's liberals than getting their facts straight.

Thank heaven that the U.S. 2nd C.C.A. and many of the Judges in the E.D.N.Y. understand the challenges that l.e.o.s face. They are far, far less prone to engage in the "detached reflection" of the less educated crowd that calls themselves "reporters".
NYR94

Westhampton, NY

#19 Jun 21, 2008
Escalade 1 Lotus 0

I'm glad the guy NOT speeding was the one to walk away for a change.
anonymous

Medford, NY

#20 Jun 21, 2008
The lotus thought who the hell he was and now he's in a grave. They will never learn
BUSTER

AOL

#21 Jun 21, 2008
Joy Fistersnortch wrote:
To bad the guido in the pimp wagon did not bit the dust too..
Why would you say that...maybe he was not doing anything wrong...that was rude and nasty....someone was killed for being stupid idiot...the other driver was just driving...you sound like a jealous bitch to me...one because you don't have a nice car and two...you are probably a racist pig.....
Chopper

Loveland, CO

#23 Jun 21, 2008
An expensive collision
Natural Selection

West Islip, NY

#24 Jun 21, 2008
After all these years.. hat's off to you, Mr. Darwin...

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#25 Jun 21, 2008
Police did find evidence of stupidity in the back seat of both vehicles.

Survival of the fittest, my friends. The deceased will be known for his sports car that could not save his life. The surviving SUV driver will now live the rest of his life knowing his actions, unintelligent or not, has hurt some people forever. Thankfully it's not me.

And they wonder why I take mass transit more.
Reality

South Salem, NY

#27 Jun 21, 2008
The driver of the Escalade did nothing wrong and I feel for them. It would likely be impossible to have identified that the Lotus was approaching at such a high speed.
JUSTICE

Hampton Bays, NY

#28 Jun 22, 2008
One less idiot on the road.
WarpedSpeed

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Jun 22, 2008
It looks like the wreckage of the Scott Kalitta 300mph crash into a brick wall.
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

#31 Jun 22, 2008
WarpedSpeed wrote:
It looks like the wreckage of the Scott Kalitta 300mph crash into a brick wall.
Actually, it LOOKS like what happens to Turkish taffy when you slap it on a hard surface.
Casper

Huntington Station, NY

#32 Jun 22, 2008
Reality wrote:
The driver of the Escalade did nothing wrong and I feel for them. It would likely be impossible to have identified that the Lotus was approaching at such a high speed.
He did do something wrong - he made a left turn in front of oncoming traffic, failing to yield. The fact that the idiot in the Lotus was speeding is irrelevant - the Caddy driver should have waited instead of trying to beat the other car through the intersection. It shows a growing problem with drivers in general - rude behavior and a general attitude of screw the rules of the road,screw everyone else on the road, I am important and have to get where I am going. This kind of stuff doesn't have to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... 6 hr zoop 1
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 15 hr Bruser 2,609
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 15 hr Bruser 8,236
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Wed marissamacc11 41
News Site plan for Matinecock Court housing project OKd (Jan '10) Wed BDF 29
News Fire commissioner candidate accused of harassment (Dec '07) Tue john doe 13
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) Apr 25 Brian Sullivan Co... 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages