Cops: Woman drove intoxicated with child in car

Full story: Newsday 117
A Melville woman with a history of drunken driving and a court order banning her from driving with her children was arrested Thursday night for driving while intoxicated with her eight-year-old son in her car, ... Full Story
Sue

East Setauket, NY

#107 Jan 20, 2008
Theres a difference between pity and understanding. No one needs to feel sorry for her. It's just the witch hunt mentality of hypocrits shouting 'burn her at the stake"..I wonder if they have ever gotten behind the wheel after a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. Alcohol is treated is societally acceptable. Restaurants are disappointed if you don't rack up your dinner bill with expensive cocktails. Drinking is acceptable social behavior, but pot smoking is criminalized. Hypocrisy abounds in America.
DWW

South Plainfield, NJ

#108 Jan 21, 2008
Sue wrote:
Alcohol is treated is societally acceptable. Restaurants are disappointed if you don't rack up your dinner bill with expensive cocktails.
Here, because you need it simplified:

Alcohol-Legal and ACCEPTABLE.

Drunk Driving with your kid in the car and resisting arrest- NOT SO MUCH.
john

Brooklyn, NY

#109 Jan 21, 2008
people make mistakes,, im sure this mother is remorcefull and knows she made a foolish mistake.. i mean really how many of us have had a couple of glasses of wine at dinner then drove home..most of us... none of us are without fault..
mike

Brooklyn, NY

#110 Jan 21, 2008
we have all made mistakes.. and im sure this mother realizes her mistakes.. None of us are without fault..we've all done stupid things in the past.. im sure she wishes she had made a different choice
DWW

South Plainfield, NJ

#111 Jan 21, 2008
john wrote:
people make mistakes,, im sure this mother is remorcefull and knows she made a foolish mistake.. i mean really how many of us have had a couple of glasses of wine at dinner then drove home..most of us... none of us are without fault..
Hey John READ THE ARTICLE, she was banned from driving with her son in the car b/c of past DWI convictions...
Maybe you have thought so little of your children's lives, the rest of us are appalled.
Frank

New York, NY

#112 Jan 21, 2008
john wrote:
Remorseful is one thing, but STUPID is an alltogether different issue. I really hope this brood's good in bed because she's got to be one of the dumbest 1/2 white women I've ever seen.

P.S. I'd let her put those collagen-filled lips to good use.
Anonymous

New York, NY

#113 Jan 22, 2008
This woman is a "PIG", believe me I know. Her picture says it all! Driving drunk with her kid in the car is not the only crime she has committed. She should go to jail and lose her children, maybe then she'll learn to become a civilized human being and stop wrecking other peoples lives.
Hey dopey

Washington, DC

#114 Jan 22, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
This woman is a "PIG", believe me I know. Her picture says it all! Driving drunk with her kid in the car is not the only crime she has committed. She should go to jail and lose her children, maybe then she'll learn to become a civilized human being and stop wrecking other peoples lives.
Who did she hurt???? Who are you to judge???

Last time I checked it was "Innocent UNTIL proven guilty".

Oh boy iy is a good thing the cops caught the one person in the universe driving drunk that day!!!

Give me a brake. DWI/DUI laws are only here to keep you fat, dumb and happy. Get a life and shut up.
Anonymous

New York, NY

#115 Jan 22, 2008
If you knew/know her personally, you wouldn't be asking who she hurt. She's a "PIG"!!! It's not only about driving while drunk idiot. Oh and...I have a life, one that I could be very proud of.
Anonymous

New York, NY

#116 Jan 22, 2008
One more thing "Hey dopey"...learn how to spell.
Unknown

New York, NY

#117 Jan 23, 2008
anti criminal wrote:
It's time to put Tanya Buccolo in prison for the next 10 years before she hurts someone.
She's not to be trusted.
Lock her away!
Ditto! She is not a woman you could trust....friends/family of hers beware!
Hmmmmmm

New York, NY

#118 Jan 23, 2008
Sue wrote:
Theres a difference between pity and understanding. No one needs to feel sorry for her. It's just the witch hunt mentality of hypocrits shouting 'burn her at the stake"..I wonder if they have ever gotten behind the wheel after a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. Alcohol is treated is societally acceptable. Restaurants are disappointed if you don't rack up your dinner bill with expensive cocktails. Drinking is acceptable social behavior, but pot smoking is criminalized. Hypocrisy abounds in America.
You sound like a dumb friend of hers...getting behind the wheel of a car after a "couple of glasses of wine" and driving while inebriated, recklessly into oncoming traffic with your child in the car are two very different circumstances. Are you kidding me??? Hypocracy??? It's called intelligence, which apparently is something you and your friend "Tanya" don't have.
Hmmmmmm

New York, NY

#119 Jan 23, 2008
Sue wrote:
Buccolo is her married name and Tanya has been my friend for the last 8 years. Alcoholism, addiction , and the problems that come before it and after it affect all nationalities and all segments of the socioeconomic strata. I am thankful her children were not hurt and no one knows as well as she how terrible her actions were and how much damage she has caused. Posting anger and hate towards a stranger helps no one. Imagine a world where people forgive and help each other. For those of you that can not, you wil be comforted in the knowledge that she will be duly punished by the law, by her family, by some of her friends and most harshly , by herself.
And she deserves to be punished!
Hmmmmmm

New York, NY

#120 Jan 23, 2008
Hey dopey wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did she hurt???? Who are you to judge???
Last time I checked it was "Innocent UNTIL proven guilty".
Oh boy iy is a good thing the cops caught the one person in the universe driving drunk that day!!!
Give me a brake. DWI/DUI laws are only here to keep you fat, dumb and happy. Get a life and shut up.
The only one person in the universe driving drunk WITH HER 8 YEAR OLD SON IN THE CAR....big difference. Get a brain or shut up!
a friend

Bayside, NY

#121 Jan 24, 2008
Don't judge a book by the cover, we all have secrets. I happen to know that Tanya is a very nice person and a great mother, those kids are lucky to have her.
micky62

Bronx, NY

#122 Jan 24, 2008
If you don't know how to drink and drive, don't do it! These morons wreck drinking and driving for everyone else. Just because you can't drink and then drive properly, don't ruin it for me!
keeping it real

Bronx, NY

#123 Jan 24, 2008
a friend wrote:
Don't judge a book by the cover, we all have secrets. I happen to know that Tanya is a very nice person and a great mother, those kids are lucky to have her.
no child is lucky to have a mother that will drive drunk with them in the car,or when caring for them.as we know,it's not the first time this "great mother" has been driving drunk and endangering the lives of many others that may have the unfortunate luck of being on the same road as her.
no sympathy for her, she needs to go to jail for no less then ten years.that officer probably saved that childs life,too many drunks hurting innocent people,and destroying families.these selfish uncaring just,k.i.r.
keeping it real

Bronx, NY

#124 Jan 24, 2008
garbage pails need to know,if you drive drunk,you go to jail,no plea's.just k.i.r.
A Concerned Parent

New York, NY

#125 Jan 25, 2008
a friend wrote:
What does secrets have to do with driving intoxicated with your child in the car? Risking his life as well as the lives of other innocent people on the road? Help me understand that??? If she was as great of a mother as you suggest she is, she would never have done what she did.....again! I'm a parent and my childrens lives are way more important to me than drinking that next glass of wine or whatever her drink of choice may be. My children are lucky to have me, her children need a caring mother. Not a selfish mother.
Johnny Boy

Central Islip, NY

#126 Jan 25, 2008
Hot???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 9 hr Bruser 7,933
Six LI Catholic Elementary Schools to Close (Dec '11) 9 hr 31 years an RN 266
Wooden grain scale (Mar '07) Thu Calvin James 72
Levittown Orthodontist Secures Patent for Devic... Dec 16 Gerald Vonberger 1
Lottery announces LI million-dollar winners (Dec '13) Dec 16 Lawndell Washington 14
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec 14 Democracy 7
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 12 michelle_salem_ct 53

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST