Cops: Woman drove intoxicated with ch...

Cops: Woman drove intoxicated with child in car

There are 117 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Cops: Woman drove intoxicated with child in car. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Melville woman with a history of drunken driving and a court order banning her from driving with her children was arrested Thursday night for driving while intoxicated with her eight-year-old son in her car, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

AINT_HATEN_ON_U_ YET

Brooklyn, NY

#61 Jan 18, 2008
Ned wrote:
What a bunch of rat finks!
"Oh, officer, someone's weaving!"
"Oh, officer, someone crossed the double yellow lines!"
Mind your own darn business you tattletales!
YOU SAY THAT NOW. BUT WAIT UNTIL ONE OF THEM HURTS SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU. THEN YOU WILL BE YELLING " IF SOMEONE SAW IT WHY DIDNT THEY SAY ANYTHING" AND THE REPLY WILL BE " WELL WE DIDNT WANT TO TATTLETALE ON HIM/HER.
AINT_HATEN_ON_U_ YET

Brooklyn, NY

#62 Jan 18, 2008
anti criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe alcoholism is a disease either. If she lived in a place without alcohol she wouldn't be drinking and driving. But she could come down with cancer, ms, arthritis,
etc. Diseases.
Calling alcohol drinking a disease
comparable to real disease's is an insult to insult.
If alcoholics insist on calling it a disease then when it is determined they have this "disease" they automatically lose their ability to have a drivers license.
Lets see how many will acquire this "disease" then.
ALCOHOLICISM IS A DISEASE LOOK IT UP YOU JUST MIGHT BE SURPRISED
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#63 Jan 18, 2008
12 steps wrote:
<quoted text>
people with drinking problems are not losers. They are sick - Alcoholism is a disease just like cancer is. You are ignorant. I am not defending what she did by far
Nonsense. Cancer is a disease. MS is a disease. The flu is a disease. When you CHOOSE to buy and consume an intoxicant, you are introducing your body to the effects. That's not a disease. This whole disease thing is nothing but an excuse for a complete lack of self-control.
Tell me 12-stepper; what medications did you take to control your 'disease'. None right? You just learned techniques to exercise self-control.
DWW

New York, NY

#64 Jan 18, 2008
12 steps wrote:
<quoted text>
people with drinking problems are not losers. They are sick - Alcoholism is a disease just like cancer is. You are ignorant. I am not defending what she did by far
Make more excuses for yourself and others, so you can feel better about yourself and blame it on the "DISEASE"... you weak minded loser!

Cancer is not a choice, drinking is.
DWW

New York, NY

#65 Jan 18, 2008
Calling ALCOHOLICISM a disease is nothing more than a creative marketing ploy for the so called rehab centers.

"There is no money in the cure, just in the come back"
Percy Wetmore

Brooklyn, NY

#66 Jan 18, 2008
Personally I think she's kinda hot.
Jim

Brooklyn, NY

#68 Jan 18, 2008
Ned wrote:
Maybe next time she'll keep driving and plow into you. You'll wish someone had tried to stop her. What a moron!
Britney Spears

Houston, TX

#69 Jan 18, 2008
What kind of horrible mother are You??
Frank

New York, NY

#70 Jan 18, 2008
Another ITALIAN arrested

School custodian charged in rape
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/...
The Almighty Whitey

United States

#71 Jan 18, 2008
Nancy wrote:
Sure her picture they put in the paper. Why aren't all the criminals pictures in the paper??
What is she a relative of yours?
Who gives a sh!t?
Manhattan

King Of Prussia, PA

#72 Jan 18, 2008
NYer wrote:
<quoted text>
That so called "tattletale" just may have saves YOUR life. Isn't it posible that you, your family or someone you know was on the road?
I appreciate that this person acted responsibly and spoke up. I live in Commack and I travel that road all the time with my kids.
Too true...I also travel Larkfield Road all the time with my son. I have no idea what she was thinking since that road is a virtual cop magnet...
The Almighty Whitey

United States

#73 Jan 18, 2008
Percy Wetmore wrote:
Personally I think she's kinda hot.
Yeah I'd tap that maybe with a little fixing here and there.
The Almighty Whitey

United States

#74 Jan 18, 2008
AINT_HATEN_ON_U_YET wrote:
<quoted text>
ALCOHOLICISM IS A DISEASE LOOK IT UP YOU JUST MIGHT BE SURPRISED
Yeah, it becomes one after you have made the decision to try it since your first sip. It's called ABUSE.
You'll be surprised.
Frank

New York, NY

#75 Jan 18, 2008
Southbound wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Cancer is a disease. MS is a disease. The flu is a disease. When you CHOOSE to buy and consume an intoxicant, you are introducing your body to the effects. That's not a disease. This whole disease thing is nothing but an excuse for a complete lack of self-control.
Tell me 12-stepper; what medications did you take to control your 'disease'. None right? You just learned techniques to exercise self-control.
I'm with you on this.
Having cirrhosis of the liver is a disease, but drinking booze is NOT a disease.
Alcoholism is an excuse, not a disease.
The Almighty Whitey

United States

#76 Jan 18, 2008
Frank wrote:
Another ITALIAN arrested
School custodian charged in rape
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/...
Franky boy, I thought you were Italian? No?

Are you up to your little racists tricks again? Shame on you.
Reality Check

Brooklyn, NY

#77 Jan 18, 2008
Ned wrote:
Hope the next person killed by a drunk driver is you or a member of your family.
Frank

New York, NY

#78 Jan 18, 2008
The Almighty Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
Franky boy, I thought you were Italian? No?
Are you up to your little racists tricks again? Shame on you.
I am and that's why I'm speaking out. If every group looked out for their own instead of burying their heads or turning a blind eye then we'd live in a safer more pleasant society. Us Italians have really been getting out of control in the last few years.
Frank

New York, NY

#79 Jan 18, 2008
Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
Too true...I also travel Larkfield Road all the time with my son. I have no idea what she was thinking since that road is a virtual cop magnet...
She's Italian. You know, finished high school and went right for the quick money doing nails in some smokey hair salon or working at a dentist office an dnever saw another book or dro of education again.
John T

Englishtown, NJ

#80 Jan 18, 2008
Well, well, well, another ITALOPIAN. This time they Guido Baccala's wife!
CO wanna be

West Hempstead, NY

#81 Jan 18, 2008
Izzy Michaels wrote:
Hey, cut her some slack. She's hot!
Makes me wanna take the CO test so I could "guard" her! I wonder id she was strip searched in the tank?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 7 hr Bruser 8,241
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun Bruser 2,612
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) Apr 30 joeyblack 38
News A&G Bakery hosts waffle pop-up in North Babylon Apr 29 jim beam 1
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... Apr 29 commodity broker 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 27 marissamacc11 41
News Site plan for Matinecock Court housing project OKd (Jan '10) Apr 27 BDF 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages