Cops: Woman drove intoxicated with child in car

Full story: Newsday

A Melville woman with a history of drunken driving and a court order banning her from driving with her children was arrested Thursday night for driving while intoxicated with her eight-year-old son in her car, ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Manhattan

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Ned wrote:
What a bunch of rat finks!
"Oh, officer, someone's weaving!"
"Oh, officer, someone crossed the double yellow lines!"
Mind your own darn business you tattletales!
Tattletales? For what? Making sure someone doesn't kill innocent people (especially the poor 8 year old in her car) by weaving and crossing the double yellow? Clearly, you are one of those drunk drivers who doesn't belong on the roads...
Manhattan

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

John C wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't compare alcoholism or drug addiction to cancer. No one makes a choice to get cancer (except those fools who smoke). Everyone makes a choice to start drinking or taking drugs. Maybe they become addicted but they made a consious choice to have their first drink. Addiction is the sign a weak mind.
I couldn't agree more...and let's not forget that they make the choice not only to drink/take drugs, but to get behind the wheel as well. I have no sympathy for that.
Manhattan

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Debbie, I think you're on to something!
Me too! I think that's a great idea...nothing like a little public humiliation to make someone think twice...
anti criminal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

EdLIer wrote:
They have isolated a gene in alocoholics which may lead to the disease, and yes, it is a disease. As a disease it is not something people ask for. Too bad it is easy to judge.
I don't believe alcoholism is a disease either. If she lived in a place without alcohol she wouldn't be drinking and driving. But she could come down with cancer, ms, arthritis,
etc. Diseases.
Calling alcohol drinking a disease
comparable to real disease's is an insult to insult.
If alcoholics insist on calling it a disease then when it is determined they have this "disease" they automatically lose their ability to have a drivers license.
Lets see how many will acquire this "disease" then.
laura

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Ned wrote:
And when does it become someones's business - after she kills someone?? Thank God some people have the brains to get involved BEFORE that happens.
Gia

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

I was married to an alcoholic...I do NOT feel bad for them...they make their own choices and think of nobody but themselves! Who i DO feel sorry for is that poor son of hers..to have a mother like that! Lock her up!
syborg

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

WOODY FROM ST JAMES wrote:
AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, A PERSON IS LOCKED UP FOR DRIVING DRUNK, WITH KIDS IN THE CAR ON LONG ISLAND.....WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???.....I WONDER IF THESE PEOPLE DON'T READ, OR HEAR THE NEWS???....SOONER OR LATER.....YOUR GONNA GET NEW BRACELETS....WAKE UP BOOOZERS!!!!
this happens all the time everywhere. It just gets reported every time on L.I. through newsday and news 12. I think it's a good idea and a deterrant for most people. New York has one of the lowest drunk driving death rates in the country. It's in the bottom five.
LI LADY

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Ned wrote:
Remember that when a drunk crosses a double yellow line & smashes into your dumb a$$ while people around look the other way.
maria

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

she and the guy from roosevelt must be doing the same drugs.
Joe

Fairbanks, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Bummer
Anon

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Nancy wrote:
Sure her picture they put in the paper. Why aren't all the criminals pictures in the paper??
They won't even list a DESCRIPTION of the person if they are black, they certainly won't post a picture.
FRAN

Mount Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

She needs to be locked up NOW before she kills someone. She probably drinks and drives every single day!!
marge

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

hey frank whats wrong with the mafia when they run things everything is good not like now an eye for an eye and im italian
BILL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
They are losers when they get behind the wheel and involve innocents in their actions...if someone wants to sit around being a drunk - without driving - then they are just sick...
BRAVO MANHATTAN WELL SAID AND THE COMMENT THAT FRANK MADE, YOU SEE ALL THE ITALIANS COMING OUT TO SAY IT'S WRONG TO LUMP ALL ITALIANS INTO ONE GROUP BECAUSE OF THE IDIOCY OF ONE, WELL KEEP THAT IN MIND THE NEXT TIME A CRIME OCCURS ANYWHERE AND IT'S A MINORITY THAT COMMITS IT
T Totter

Montclair, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

FRAN wrote:
She needs to be locked up NOW before she kills someone. She probably drinks and drives every single day!!
I think drunk women are hot
NYer

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to drive. After having a history of DUI, or any major traffic offense, you shuold be legally declared "Stupid". Forget about taking away your license...we know that doesn't work. Thier car and access to other vehicles should also be removed. If that person happens to be caught behind the wheel again, the owner of that vehicle should be held responsible.

Wouldn't it be nice to drive without having to worry about the "Stupid" drivers?
NYer

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Ned wrote:
That so called "tattletale" just may have saves YOUR life. Isn't it posible that you, your family or someone you know was on the road?

I appreciate that this person acted responsibly and spoke up. I live in Commack and I travel that road all the time with my kids.
Pablo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

That's quite a party dress she has on.
Izzy Michaels

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Hey, cut her some slack. She's hot!
red white blue

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

RESISTING ARRREST WAS BECAUSE THE COP WAS PROBABLY FEELING HER UP AND SHE GOT PISSED. ADD ON CHARGE THEY GROPE ALL TH WOMEN THEY CAN!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE