Cops: Woman drove intoxicated with child in car

Full story: Newsday 116
A Melville woman with a history of drunken driving and a court order banning her from driving with her children was arrested Thursday night for driving while intoxicated with her eight-year-old son in her car, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Nancy

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 18, 2008
Sure her picture they put in the paper. Why aren't all the criminals pictures in the paper??
anti criminal

Orlando, FL

#2 Jan 18, 2008
It's time to put Tanya Buccolo in prison for the next 10 years before she hurts someone.
She's not to be trusted.
Lock her away!
Pablo

Westbury, NY

#4 Jan 18, 2008
2005 Audi, nice! Another bich with more money than brains. Welcome to LI.
WOODY FROM ST JAMES

Huntington, NY

#5 Jan 18, 2008
AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, A PERSON IS LOCKED UP FOR DRIVING DRUNK, WITH KIDS IN THE CAR ON LONG ISLAND.....WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???.....I WONDER IF THESE PEOPLE DON'T READ, OR HEAR THE NEWS???....SOONER OR LATER.....YOUR GONNA GET NEW BRACELETS....WAKE UP BOOOZERS!!!!
Debra

Smithtown, NY

#6 Jan 18, 2008
Another poor excuse for a mother............and another drunk on the road. Loser.
Debra

Smithtown, NY

#7 Jan 18, 2008
Nancy wrote:
Sure her picture they put in the paper. Why aren't all the criminals pictures in the paper??
The paper would be too heavy to carry!!!! But it is a great idea - a separate newspaper "the Criminal" with pictures of everyone arrested town by town accompanited by their mug shots. I LOVE IT!!!
A MOTHER OF 2

West Babylon, NY

#9 Jan 18, 2008
Being Italian has nothing to do with it. She's another ignorant person who thinks that nothing will happen to her if she drives drunk. But she is right, nothing ever happens to the drunk, its either their passengers they kill or some innocent family enjoying their day and minding their own business.
Helllllllloooooo o

Union City, NJ

#13 Jan 18, 2008
who says she's Italian any way she could have married into that name- The only think thjis dumb beatch is is stupid. she obviuosly needs to learn a lesson and where is CPS take her children away NOW and since they posted her address send a letter to the local schools the mothers in her neighborhood would love to know this Money be damned
Realist

New York, NY

#17 Jan 18, 2008
You have to feel bad for the 8 year old. He was probably scared to death, not his fault.
12 steps

Jericho, NY

#18 Jan 18, 2008
Debra wrote:
Another poor excuse for a mother..........and another drunk on the road. Loser.
people with drinking problems are not losers. They are sick - Alcoholism is a disease just like cancer is. You are ignorant. I am not defending what she did by far
Ned

Hauppauge, NY

#19 Jan 18, 2008
What a bunch of rat finks!
"Oh, officer, someone's weaving!"
"Oh, officer, someone crossed the double yellow lines!"
Mind your own darn business you tattletales!
Chaz

New York, NY

#20 Jan 18, 2008
Man, this could have ended so badly.

I'm glad they got her before there was a tragedy. The RO and the prior convictions clearly mean nothing.

Maybe a year in a lock-down psychiatric facility to treat her clear delusions about drinking and driving might help.
John C

Ridge, NY

#21 Jan 18, 2008
12 steps wrote:
<quoted text>
people with drinking problems are not losers. They are sick - Alcoholism is a disease just like cancer is. You are ignorant. I am not defending what she did by far
Please don't compare alcoholism or drug addiction to cancer. No one makes a choice to get cancer (except those fools who smoke). Everyone makes a choice to start drinking or taking drugs. Maybe they become addicted but they made a consious choice to have their first drink. Addiction is the sign a weak mind.
You are all disease

Ramsey, NJ

#22 Jan 18, 2008
Stupid law for stupid people.

You'd think she gassed a whole population given the headlines. I just love newsday sensationalism.

DWI/DUI laws are a waste of time. Despite the punishment people keep doing it, everyday. We all know the odds of be caught are slim at best.

Hey dopey

Ramsey, NJ

#23 Jan 18, 2008
Isn't it supposed to be "Innocent until proven guilty"?

Didn't realize that an arrest means guilty now.

THnak the beany boys and their lawyer sons and daugthers.

//
EdLIer

AOL

#27 Jan 18, 2008
They have isolated a gene in alocoholics which may lead to the disease, and yes, it is a disease. As a disease it is not something people ask for. Too bad it is easy to judge.
Badtothebone

Gaithersburg, MD

#28 Jan 18, 2008
Debra wrote:
<quoted text>The paper would be too heavy to carry!!!! But it is a great idea - a separate newspaper "the Criminal" with pictures of everyone arrested town by town accompanited by their mug shots. I LOVE IT!!!
Hey Debbie, I think you're on to something!
John C

Ridge, NY

#30 Jan 18, 2008
A gene may pre-dispose you to becoming addicted but they still make a choice.

Calling it a disease is just an easy way of passing off blame to someone but themselves. Maybe if people took responsibility for their own actions we wouldn't have as many drunks and drug addicts in the world.

Alcohol and drugs are excuses for those who cannot cope in the real world.
seeyaalright

Dallas, TX

#31 Jan 18, 2008
Some people have addictive tendencies. They abuse or overindulge in anything they do.
It's still against the law and endangers others. The penal system doesn't treat law breakers as it is currently set up. Punishment is what it serves for and she should be punished as says the law.
Keep your disease harnessed at home.
EdLIer wrote:
They have isolated a gene in alocoholics which may lead to the disease, and yes, it is a disease. As a disease it is not something people ask for. Too bad it is easy to judge.
Manhattan

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Jan 18, 2008
12 steps wrote:
<quoted text>
They are losers when they get behind the wheel and involve innocents in their actions...if someone wants to sit around being a drunk - without driving - then they are just sick...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 1 hr Sambee 1,914
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 10 hr Bruser 7,909
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 10 hr Bruser 2,312
"Raunchy Joker But Harmless?" 14 hr Jeff Kelly 1
Chuck Zito speak up about Registered sex offen... (Jul '13) 17 hr Streetrunner 8
commack resident janet koch is new exec. dir. o... Sat DHF1147 1
women would you castrate you husbands? Fri george 2

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match

Melville Jobs

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]