Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accident -

Full story: Newsday

A motorcyclist was fatally injured in an accident Wednesday night when his 2002 Yamaha bike struck a parked car in Bellmore, the Nassau police said.
Comments
61 - 72 of 72 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
john

Hicksville, NY

#70 Sep 18, 2007
Tom, where are you in Farmingdale??
jfjd

Uniondale, NY

#71 Nov 15, 2007
i miss you so much..not a day goes by when i dont think of you...i'd give anything to have you back...
Darrell STL

Saint Louis, MO

#72 Dec 23, 2007
Letís ban everything, motorcycles, Internet surfing, baggy pants and especially driving once you reach age 50 just to name a few.
LOL you people crack me up!!!! Itís not the motorcycles that should be banned itís the misinformed untrained caged drivers that fail to show courtesy on the road. No signal-using lane changing bonehead. What, cars donít have accidents?
By the way, itís not a crotch rocket itís a motorcycle. Recognize.
Darrell STL

Saint Louis, MO

#74 Dec 23, 2007
The rider is not always at fault, Many times it is the caged driver not being considerate, whom some in this post shows the tendency to run over cyclist because of their hate. And because you are ignorant, maybe you should be the ones to take a motorcycle safety course.

39 percent of fatal motorcycle collisions with other vehicles occurred when the other vehicle was turning left while the motorcycle was going straight, passing, or overtaking the other vehicle.

Motorcyclists are about 26 times more likely to die in a crash than someone riding in a passenger car, and are 5 times as likely to be injured.

Fact: The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.

Fact: In multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents.

Fact: Intersections are the most likely place for the motorcycle accident, with the other vehicle violating the motorcycle right-of-way, and often violating traffic controls.
Share the road!
Louis Groner Jr

Bronx, NY

#75 Mar 1, 2009
you f*cking sc*mbags. Whats wrong with you. I am his son and when he died i was 22 and it was two weeks before my wedding. Oh and by the way he had three other kids that were 6,6,and 8. HOw can you say these things, i hope you rot in f*cking hell and your entire family dies in a car fire so you can understand the pain that we feel.
tim

Cortland, NY

#76 Sep 12, 2009
2 years. 9/12/09.Rest Peacefully. 9/13...happy birthday.
Wondra

Massapequa Park, NY

#77 Sep 16, 2009
Every night about 2 am, a motorcyclist goes up Merrick Avenue waking everyone up. Maybe thats why these things happen.
Jessica groner

Mooresville, NC

#78 Jul 29, 2011
This is my uncle so if you have negative thoughts keep them to yourself. Accidents happen that's why there called accidents.
Elle

Belmar, NJ

#79 Jul 30, 2011
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I feel for all people who die when they shouldn't have to, as well as their families.
However, I find it hard to care for the individuals who refuse to stop doing things that are proven will cause death eventually:
1)smoking
2)driving while impaired
3)riding a motorcycle
4)the obese who continue to stuff themselves
I sure hope you are PERFECT - and that includes your family, and friends, if you have any. You know that the AMA considers anyone 15- 20 lbs over their ideal weight obese, and for a child -10 lbs over is considered obese? Obviously you would NEVER associate with anyone like that - because YOU'RE PERFECT - You stupid moron!!! The only thing on your list that's correct is obviously "driving while impaired" 'but dollars to donuts' I'd bet my very large paycheck that sometime in your teenage years or who knows, maybe yesterday, you had a drink or two and got behind the wheel. But you are the type that can "hold your liquor".

You are cruel and insensitive and ya know what? KARMA'S A BITCH! Have fun looking over your shoulder!
Elle

Belmar, NJ

#80 Jul 30, 2011
Louis Groner Jr wrote:
you f*cking sc*mbags. Whats wrong with you. I am his son and when he died i was 22 and it was two weeks before my wedding. Oh and by the way he had three other kids that were 6,6,and 8. HOw can you say these things, i hope you rot in f*cking hell and your entire family dies in a car fire so you can understand the pain that we feel.
I am SO terribly sorry for your loss! Those comments were made by cruel and ignorant people. Most of us on here are so sad, and truly sickened by those comments. If you can, find a tiny bit of comfort in the fact that KARMA IS A BITCH, and those who made those comments better be prepared to look over their shoulders in fear for the rest of their lives, because Karma will come around - it's not IF, it's WHEN. And it's always way worse WHEN it's coming for them!

I hope you and your family can remain strong and eventually find some peace!
Jessica Groner

Atlanta, GA

#81 Sep 12, 2011
4 years. 9/12/11 Rest In Peace! Happy birthday 9/13/11. I love & miss you<3
Louis Groner Jr

Maricopa, AZ

#82 Nov 22, 2012
51 LOL. Happy belated birthday ya old bag. I love you dad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 8 hr Sambee 1,606
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 hr Lol 16,781
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 16 hr Bruser 7,873
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Women's Fund of LI to Honor Four Long Island Women Aug 27 WFLI 1
American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug 11 Alice Broadhurst 40
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••