Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accid...

Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accident -

There are 73 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 13, 2007, titled Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accident -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A motorcyclist was fatally injured in an accident Wednesday night when his 2002 Yamaha bike struck a parked car in Bellmore, the Nassau police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Marilyn Groner Massey

Anderson, SC

#48 Sep 14, 2007
I am Lou Groner's oldest sister.
I would like to take a moment to thank those who
send their prayers and thoughts at this difficult
time for his entire family.
Lou was a husband,Father,Son,Brother,new phew and a friend to many. There are a number of unanswered questions at this time, as he has been riding for more than 20 years. Whatever the outcome, my brother gone, but will never be forgotten. I would sincerely appreciate the
comments about his name being changed to Goner
they are rude and unnecessary and please discontinue out of respect. Thank You
fwiw

Lumberton, MS

#49 Sep 14, 2007
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
That picture of yours just brightens my day......and Doc's too !!!
That is WAY beyond pathetic for you both.

Maybe time to go check out the hun.
Marilyn Groner Massey

Anderson, SC

#50 Sep 14, 2007
Believe me, no Hun, he was a giving the person, a ride instead of her having to pay for a cab, he offered to drive her home.
Lou always and forever loved his wife. People always have to talk and they don't the facts.
anonymous

Scarsdale, NY

#51 Sep 14, 2007
thogy wrote:
I know motorcycle drivers have a mental defect that allows them to ignore the fact that Long Island roads are not the place to be riding a motorcycle, but how can a person be so stupid to climb on the back of one for a ride?
Once again, Newsday tells about another fatal motorcycle accident, we all know the penalty for being stupid and driving a motorcycle is loss of life, now we know the penalty for being stupid and being a passenger on one is broken bones.
This lady should consider herself lucky to be alive after exercising very poor judgement.
that happens to be my uncle who died on that motorcycle and just because someone likes riding them doesnt mean that they are stupid and deserve to die how dare you say that and the girl needed a ride home from work and he was being a nice person so i guess they deserved that mayeb you should get your facts straight before you go off about something you no nothing about and she didnt break any bones this articles wrong
Anonymous

West Babylon, NY

#52 Sep 14, 2007
thogy wrote:
I know motorcycle drivers have a mental defect that allows them to ignore the fact that Long Island roads are not the place to be riding a motorcycle, but how can a person be so stupid to climb on the back of one for a ride?
Once again, Newsday tells about another fatal motorcycle accident, we all know the penalty for being stupid and driving a motorcycle is loss of life, now we know the penalty for being stupid and being a passenger on one is broken bones.
This lady should consider herself lucky to be alive after exercising very poor judgement.
you're a real p.o.s. you think this guy was driving like a jerk. not everyone that gets on a motorcycle pulls a stupid stunt. think about it. its not poor judgement. you are more than welcome to have your opinion about the machine but if you dont know the person on the back of it then i think you best not state anything. that man left behind a family, a loving wife and three kids. you think he got on his bike and said oh lets get in a accident today or why dont i kill myself. no i dont think so. you must be heartless to say someting like that about someone who just passed away. i hope you realize that things like this happen everyday to anyone, it could be you, maybe not on a motorcycle but maybe in a car, or on a bicycle or even walking. stuff happens thats life bud. deal with it. and have heart.
Anonymous

West Babylon, NY

#53 Sep 14, 2007
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I feel for all people who die when they shouldn't have to, as well as their families.
However, I find it hard to care for the individuals who refuse to stop doing things that are proven will cause death eventually:
1)smoking
2)driving while impaired
3)riding a motorcycle
4)the obese who continue to stuff themselves
did you ev rthink people can die doing anything. living your life is taking a risk wether you try to play ti safe or not. theres always risks involve. think about that before you chose not to care.
stillhaveshoes

Bronx, NY

#54 Sep 14, 2007
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I feel for all people who die when they shouldn't have to, as well as their families.
However, I find it hard to care for the individuals who refuse to stop doing things that are proven will cause death eventually:
1)smoking
2)driving while impaired
3)riding a motorcycle
4)the obese who continue to stuff themselves
How about breathing! We will all die sometime! Why don't you go hide in a bunker where it's nice and safe.
sfdl

Bellmore, NY

#55 Sep 14, 2007
f***you alll!! you dont even know the real story of what happened! your going by what the papers say and guess what there not always right. first of all the girl dosnt have a broken arm or leg!
lady_mysterys_la ir

Old Westbury, NY

#56 Sep 14, 2007
thogy wrote:
Who are you to pass judgement on an individual that can't defend himself. What kind of a coward are you sitting behind your keyboard talking sh*t. Showing no sympathy for the passing of a fellow human being that was a kind man and had a family and friends that loved him and are grieving his passing. The moment you posted that statement with name calling it lost it's validity and shows you to be a small and insignificant human being. What is unfortunate is that a good person died and you are still around spewing cruel statements. Where is the justice in that? To be honest I feel sorry for you because you don't get it.
lady_mysterys_la ir

Old Westbury, NY

#57 Sep 14, 2007
stillhaveshoes wrote:
<quoted text>
How about breathing! We will all die sometime! Why don't you go hide in a bunker where it's nice and safe.
schmuck
Bellmore neighbor

Corona, NY

#58 Sep 14, 2007
We are very sorry for the Groner family's loss. Without knowing him, his passing has had a profound effect on our street. May memories of happier times ease your suffering.
Suave

Manorville, NY

#60 Sep 15, 2007
This man was not riding a racing bike. It was just an accident. As for the idiots that race every Sat night on the Southern State, and have no regard for others, I WILL TURN INTO YOU ONE NIGHT>>>>>
stillhaveshoes

Bronx, NY

#61 Sep 15, 2007
lady_mysterys_lair wrote:
<quoted text>
schmuck
Beeotch!
long island

Bellmore, NY

#62 Sep 17, 2007
i love and miss you so much. rest peacefully.<33
family member

Pocono Lake, PA

#63 Sep 17, 2007
sick of negativity wrote:
You know people. Have a heart. That was my nephew's father. Instead of thinking and saying nasty things how about having compassion for the people left behind. I am so glad I don't live in NY anymore. I now understand when people that don't live in NY say negative things about NYers. It is people like you that give the rest of us a bad name.
Louis Groner, RIP
i hope you all never suffer such a loss and thank you sic of negitivity for your comments he was my nephews dad also I am his sister and we are all grieving and i also who was born and raised in new york can not believe how people post such horrible comments
family member

Pocono Lake, PA

#64 Sep 17, 2007
Tom wrote:
Another biker driving like a nut!
this is lou groner's youngest sister. you have no idea what you are talking about. he has been riding for over 20 years and it was a freak accident do you think it is kind or human to post some of the comments on here his entire family is grieving anyone who has not experienced the loss of a sibling who was a good hearted and loving brother, son, husband, father and friend and as far as his passenger ,do you think a person would put their life at risk if they didn't trust someone to give them a lift. I feel sorry for any of you who think that this is a joke how sad what is this world coming to when you can't just keep the horrible comments to yourselves. I am just one of Lou's siblings and I for one know how safe he was My own daughter rode with him and she felt just as safe with him.
family member

Pocono Lake, PA

#65 Sep 17, 2007
thank you for your words the passenger did not suffer broken bones as the papers have said and to correct one thing HE HAD 4 children
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a real p.o.s. you think this guy was driving like a jerk. not everyone that gets on a motorcycle pulls a stupid stunt. think about it. its not poor judgement. you are more than welcome to have your opinion about the machine but if you dont know the person on the back of it then i think you best not state anything. that man left behind a family, a loving wife and three kids. you think he got on his bike and said oh lets get in a accident today or why dont i kill myself. no i dont think so. you must be heartless to say someting like that about someone who just passed away. i hope you realize that things like this happen everyday to anyone, it could be you, maybe not on a motorcycle but maybe in a car, or on a bicycle or even walking. stuff happens thats life bud. deal with it. and have heart.
family member

Pocono Lake, PA

#66 Sep 17, 2007
THANK YOU from Lou's sister thank you I wish everyone was as considerate of feelings as you are
sympathy for cuz wrote:
<quoted text>
My 11 year old son wrote this and it breaks my heart that he has to read crap like this. As crazy as smoking, alcoholism & Yes the rush riding a motorcycle can give can all be considered addictions.My nephew is supposed to get married in 2 weeks & dad is not around. Dads fault? What does fault matter when one is dead. All I know is my 11 year old lost his father at the precious age of three months old, and now his cousin loses his dad and all of the rotten people are poisoning his heart. If you can't say RIP do the family do us all a favor & say nothing. Besides my nephew, Lou left behind 3 small children that don't need all this negativity either.Com e on people have a heart, if you all are perfect, like the Bible Say, gladly throw the 1st stone, but if anyone of you have made but ONE mistake you have no right.
Dear heavenly father!!!I pray that you are with Lou Groner's family tonight. Comfort them and be there with them. Lord as we prepare for the wedding of Lou's oldest child, I beg and pray that you give us all comfort in knowing that through you Lord we can do all things. Not through negativity, not even through positive words,but through you and your son, we can get through anything!!! I thank you Lord for lovin me, and my family and being there for us, ESPECIALLY through this most difficult time your time Lord, not ours.
We love you and we praise you in your son's precious, precious name
AMEN!!
Lou_s youngest sister

Pocono Lake, PA

#67 Sep 17, 2007
Todd Schuster wrote:
To Marilyn Groner Massey, I can't tell you how sorry I am regarding the loss of your kid brother. Although I didn't know him or you for that matter, Lou sounded like a good man who would give you the shirt off his back as was the case here. Although I am not a fan of motorbikes, not everyone is a bad driver who does wheelies. There are many safe ones out there. Unfortunately Lou was in the wrong place at the wrong time & sadly he's left us. The bad thing is on a motorbike you don't have seatbelts or airbags to protect you in a crash. Whatever the case Marilyn if you're reading this, please accept my condolences on your kid brother's loss & his wife & kids. You're in my prayers. May Louis rest in peace & may God give you & your family the strength to carry on through this extremely difficult time. Bless you my dear. P.S. As in my earlier post, it pissed me off to see heartless people post such vile bile on here saying Groner is a goner. No time for gags folks. That's for another time. Not the post to do it in. Again Marilyn, may He bless you & your family.
thank you Todd and if Marilyn doesn't read this again I will certainly extend your condolences to our family we have had a bright light in our family go out the other night and now we have to focus on his wife and 4 children I also would like to wish his passenger whom I have heard of but never had the opportunity to meet a speedy and full recovery.
sympathy for cuz

Green Valley, AZ

#68 Sep 17, 2007
family member wrote:
THANK YOU from Lou's sister thank you I wish everyone was as considerate of feelings as you are<quoted text>
My pleasure I am the oldest son's aunt. I will be seeing you in a couple of weeks I hope!! Please accept my condolenses to everyone of your Brother and Sisters and mom. It is a terrible loss and even a worse time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 1 hr Bruser 2,800
Paula s gilbert lmhc (Feb '17) 15 hr New 2
News Peter King calls Michael Jackson 'child molester' (Jul '09) Mon roymoores tightie... 7,362
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Nov 19 Bruser 8,618
Why do people like Bayville? (Jun '08) Nov 14 Big trin 24
News Iraq veteran says fall in LIRR gap ruined his h... (May '08) Nov 10 Colluu 90
dr. g p furman Nov 9 EHernigleIII 2

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages